Pro Wrestling Only

1Bob reports Benoit is leaving WWE

Loss

Guest bravesfan

It's from the recent Men's Fitness. Here is a portion of the article put up online...

MF: What about supplements?

RO: I learned a lot from [former WWE champion] Chris Benoit. He doesn't like shaker cups because they get dirty and stink so quickly. So he'll take two scoops of protein powder and put it in his mouth dry, then put a little water in and shake his head around. I used to look at him and think, "Damn, that's hardcore!" Then one day I was like, "Fuck this shaker," and I started doing it the Benoit way.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's from the recent Men's Fitness. Here is a portion of the article put up online...

MF: What about supplements?

RO: I learned a lot from [former WWE champion] Chris Benoit. He doesn't like shaker cups because they get dirty and stink so quickly. So he'll take two scoops of protein powder and put it in his mouth dry, then put a little water in and shake his head around. I used to look at him and think, "Damn, that's hardcore!" Then one day I was like, "Fuck this shaker," and I started doing it the Benoit way.

Thanks.

Guest Cam Chaos

I did not make that story up at all. I was waiting to get my haircut this morning, and noticed a Randy Orton interview in a fitness magazine, so I read it while I was waiting.

Do you happen to know if it's a rescent magazine? I'd like to check out the article myself. Does he talk about a lot of the wrestlers' routines?

I believe it was Benoit and Conway who both do 500 hindy squats a day. When Daivari did it for a half a week, he pissed blood because the muscle tissue in his thighs worn down and has to be passed. I don't do more than 800 times a week and they are not very fun.

I read in a recent fitness magazine interview with Randy Orton that Benoit doesn't even use a cup for protein shakes, he puts the powder in his mouth dry, then puts water in his mouth and shakes his head around. He does this because he doesn't like traveling with a stinky cup. Benoit is hardcore.

I gotta try that. Sounds interesting...

Guest bravesfan

I did not make that story up at all. I was waiting to get my haircut this morning, and noticed a Randy Orton interview in a fitness magazine, so I read it while I was waiting.

Do you happen to know if it's a rescent magazine? I'd like to check out the article myself. Does he talk about a lot of the wrestlers' routines?

I believe it was Benoit and Conway who both do 500 hindy squats a day. When Daivari did it for a half a week, he pissed blood because the muscle tissue in his thighs worn down and has to be passed. I don't do more than 800 times a week and they are not very fun.
THAT's the story I remember. Thanks.

Here we go!

The following was posted on Shawn Daivari's website:

"Mania was awesome! You should know what happened by now. I've become an active wrestler in the WWE roster it seems. I hope I haven't disappointed anyone yet. Now I'm gonna tell you a quick horror story about myself in Europe. Chris Benoit and Rob Conway warm up before the matches by doing free standing Hindu squats. They usually do about 500 a piece. It took them some time to build up to that many. The average person can do about 20 before cramping up. Someone in decent shape can do about 75-100. I wanted to give it a try so I went for it and I did about 400...the last 75 were total crap with me using every ounce of my existence to get back up so I'll say 325. The next day I couldn't even walk! I was so sore and tense in my legs that I couldn't bend my knees past 45 degrees, and as the day went on my range of motion got less and

less. Two days later was RAW and I couldn't even bend my legs at all! Don't ask me how, because I don't know, but adrenaline is a crazy thing and I ended up working a tag match which you saw on TV. I hobbled back to the locker room and took a piss and to my amazement it was red. The

next day I was in even more pain and sick as hell. I puked about 5 times. I was managing Mohammad and got through another day. Came back to the locker room and my pee was blackish-brown. Like Dr. Pepper. Gave a sample to the doctor and he ran some tests on it and got back to me the

next day turns out the red then eventually black was the actual muscle fiber in my legs! They had been broken down so much they traveled into my blood stream got to my kidneys and I ended up pissing it out. That's why i was so sick. Now I feel better after a couple days, just legs are

really sore. And that was my trip to Europe!"

Guest Primo Matarazzo

...turns out the red then eventually black was the actual muscle fiber in my legs! They had been broken down so much they traveled into my blood stream, got to my kidneys and I ended up pissing it out. That's why I was so sick.

Holy shit.

I've done some wild stuff in my day but that's just insane.

What's the difference between a standard squat and a Hindu Squat? I know that Ken Shamrock starts every workout with 250 - 500 free squats, and he can do 1000.

EDIT: I checked. Hindu Squats. Yeah those are the same kind that Shammy does every workout. I can't imagine doing them before a match, but Shammy claims he does 250-500 a day, and he can do 1000.

I posted a thread about this on a bodybuilding forum

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=762998

Found some information on Kurt Angle's Olympic routine. I remember him mentioning how it broke down his body some

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.p...=Benoit+workout

his training programme:

morning

4 mile run, every hill he hit, he sprinted, usually for 200-300 yds.

then about 15 sprints uphill carrying his 185-pound manager

then rope runs, i'm not sure if that's what you call it, someone would wrap a bungee cord around him and pull as hard as he could, while kurt sprinted uphill about 10 times

afternoon

wrestling practice. (and it sure as hell was killer)

night

weight training. examples were taking 80 pound db's and doing 100 jump squats and squatting 225 pounds 77 times once.

how Kurt even kept up with his training is madness, his wrestling practices were by far harder then anything else.. he would train with i think three or four people scrimaging for 30 break for 5 mins, then another 30 pure scrimage.. any wrestler will know how hard a 6 minute match can be.. he also won the olympics with a fractured neck.. so he was driving upon pure determination for alot of it.. very few have the amount of determination needed to do that kind of a work out program.. now that i am out of breath, thats all i have to say.