Pro Wrestling Only

Post here when you turn in your ballot!

Loss

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Submitted my ballot. I, again, openly admit how limited my knowledge is of anything outside of WCW/WWE in the 90s and 00s and my list definitely reflects that.

I do think it's a defendable ballot if you keep that in mind when/if you read it, but obviously, based on what I've read here about their work in the 70s/80s, I can totally understand why people would be appalled to read that Marc Mero/Ultimate Warrior/Sasha Banks ranked above Jim Duggan and Larry Zybysko.

What I tried to do was really just stick to ranking wrestlers based on what I've seen - not on what I've read or heard. To me, doing that would be kind of dishonest and, to take a word from high school, acting like a "poser." Like, I know that prime Jerry Lawler was probably incredible, but the Lawler I know is the guy from WWF in the mid-90s and while I've enjoyed what I've seen, if you look at my sample size for a guy like Lawler and my sample size for a guy like Cena, it's a no brainer who I would personally rank higher based just on what I have personally seen. To beat a dead horse, if I was ranking the best 100 movies ever, I'd feel wrong putting Sunset Blvd. and The African Queen anywhere on my list as I've never seen them, while I'd probably have Raising Arizona, Rushmore, and Goodfellas in my top 20.

I'm not excusing my ignorance as much as trying to own up to it.

Really interested in who your overall #1 was and where Tamura ended up on your list when the final vote is in Elliott.

I expect I'll have Tamura ranked the highest. He's not #1 or anything, but he's ahead of some really heavy hitters that may come as a surprise.

My #1 isn't a big shock for who it turned out to be but I didn't talk much about him. I'll post my full lists once balloting closes for sure.

I just submitted mine. Didn't do a tag team ballot. I'm not sure how satisfied I am with. There are still a lot of people that I feel I would rank if I had the time to watch more footage. I feel bad for not participating that much in the discussion. However, there is a sense of relief and it feels like a weight has been lifted since I submitted a ballot.

Done. Kinda surprised the 4 lucha guys I was able to really sink my teeth in did so well (all top 35) considering I really can't get into Lucha, I guess the fact that those 4 were able to make me continue to watch despite my struggles with the style made them stand out.

Biggest regret was not making the time to watch World Of Sports and Joshi, though I have no idea how I would've made a ballot trying to fit 8-10 more names on the list.

I've just submitted my ballot. I've got a dissertation to be working on, so I knew I had to get this out of the way. It looks a little goofy, to be honest and that's a result of two things; the fact that my number one ranking criterion was gut feeling and the fact that I have next to no experience with Japanese wrestling (outside of Joshi).

I took some time out to see if I could watch enough matches to justify putting at least a few guys on there (Jun Akiyama, Tarzan Goto and Kazuchika Okada) but there are a few glaring omissions (Mitsuharu Misawa, Jumbo Tsuruta and Hiroshi Tanahashi). Being a fan of modern Joshi, I spent far more time on 80s Joshi (which was a blind-spot for me, going in).

Ultimately, it is what it is and I had fun doing it.

Here's a taste:

25. Steve Keirn

50. Megumi Kudo

75. Mayumi Ozaki

100. Billy Robinson