Pro Wrestling Only

Best Wrestlers Who Didn't Get Nominated

Dylan Waco

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Angel is Sarah Stock is Sarita right?

Yep. I called one or two matches with her, way back in the day (including laying English-language commentary over the Mexican house show fancam where Dark Angel was apparently unmasked for the first time, oddly enough, and I have no idea how the copyright situation on that footage worked) and I have vague but generally positive memories of her being pretty good.

I'm surprised Miz wasn't on the list; he's had his fun stooging heel tag teams and the Lawler feud and other stuff that people here liked. Is he the only Wrestlemania main eventer (barring celebrities) who didn't make the cut?

EDIT: nope, checking the list, I see at least a couple other main-Mania omissions: King Kong Bundy and SID~! and I'm honestly rather surprised that nobody even ironically nominated Sid.

La Sombra is someone who I think was really quite good by 2010 or so and also had a good last couple of years, in two wildly different roles. If he thrives in NXT, he's someone that I could see having a case even in just a few years. That's a big if though.

La Sombra is someone who I think was really quite good by 2010 or so and also had a good last couple of years, in two wildly different roles. If he thrives in NXT, he's someone that I could see having a case even in just a few years. That's a big if though.

If you're one for evaluating on a completist basis, there's still eight years before 2010 where Sombra isn't at that level to be voted for. I do agree that he would be on track for strong(er) consideration if he stuck in CMLL - as, like you say, WWE is a big if for him. Out of interest, did Hechicero rank for you?

If I had it to do again I would have nominated Drew Delight. He's an East Tn/Western NC/North Ga/North Bama guy that would be largely unknown outside that corridor, but I think he's the best all around talent that ever came out of there and I could have seen myself putting him in bottom three if I had gone back and watched enough stuff before the deadline. That said I can't really call him a major oversight because only my brothers and I would have really considered him.