Pro Wrestling Only

Outrageous real-life heeling it up

Troy Duffy as a phenomenal heel protagonist in a documentary (Overnight).

GREAT call. Whatta fuckin' douchebag. I particularly loved that one part where some poor casting director is suggesting various trendy-but-talented actors to star in the upcoming Boondock Saints, and Duffy keeps arrogantly burying every single person she names in an awesomely condescending fashion, like some Youtube commenter who insists that everyone sucks and nothing is ever any good.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably shouldn't extend this to fictional characters, but Joffrey out of Game of Thrones probably deserves a special mention for being an all-time-massive cunt.

I don't use that word very often, but Joffrey is just such a hatable lamentable prick during his entire run on that show.

When I used to talk about GOT episodes I basically recapped everything in wrestling language. So many great heels, heel and face turns, SWERVES, matches, jobbers getting squashed, the works.

Probably shouldn't extend this to fictional characters, but Joffrey out of Game of Thrones probably deserves a special mention for being an all-time-massive cunt.

I don't use that word very often, but Joffrey is just such a hatable lamentable prick during his entire run on that show.

When I used to talk about GOT episodes I basically recapped everything in wrestling language. So many great heels, heel and face turns, SWERVES, matches, jobbers getting squashed, the works.

Same. Constant face and heel turns in that show.

The actual Martin Shkreli isn't fun, in the sense that he's just that terrible of a person. The celebrity-obsessed living caricature, though? That's a fantastic heel gimmick.

All of this King of Kong talk forces me to bring up Troy Duffy as a phenomenal heel protagonist in a documentary (Overnight).

Political figures are too easy and also un-PWO generally, but Robert Moses was simply on another level. His true greatest crime isn't running the Brooklyn Dodgers out of town, it's creating a cottage industry of endless nostalgia and whining (whining tinged by classism and racism at that) over the Dodgers having been run out of town for 60 years now!

Walter O'Malley is more the true "Higher Power" heel in the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn.

Earl the Pearl is such a cunt. Hate him on the Mosconi Cup.

Who's that 10-Pin Bowling chap? He seemed like a mega heel in a documentary about the game I watched. He does DX crotch chops and RVD poses.

That would be Pete Weber. I don't know if he's a heel or if I just love needlessly flamboyant athletes, but I like how this dude gets down.

pete-weber-2-28-13.gif

Fantastic

Another wonderful sporting heel is Darts player Ted "The Count" Hankey. As well as being known as "B.O. Baracus" amongst the local darts leagues, he's also known for his outbursts, punching the board and bollocking the crowd during his appearances at major televised championships.

To be honest, the darts is full of awesome heels. Darts in the modern era is the wrestling that wrestling wishes it could be.

ButchReedMark:

Ted Hankey's incredible entrance tops all darts things.

https://youtu.be/hbDTqCOVA1I

Also, nowhere near the glorious OTT vulgarity of a Billy Mitchell in terms of character or motivation, and more likely just a dunderheaded, overly passionate hatchet man who has managed to craft a unique gimmick in a sport sadly bereft of them. Seems to me this guy knows how to generate some good heel heat, if only from opposition supporters:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/24/gerardo-bedoya-worlds-dirtiest-football-sent-off-21-minutes-coaching-debut?CMP=fb_a-football_b-gdnfootball

"Gerardo Bedoya, widely regarded as the world’s dirtiest footballer, needed just 21 minutes of his senior coaching debut to continue his remarkable run of red cards in his native Colombia.

Appearing in the dugout for the first time for Independiente Santa Fe as part of the new manager Alexis García’s coaching staff, Bedoya, who received a record 46 red cards during his playing career, was sent to the stands during his side’s fixture with Junior FC.

After Santa Fe had taken an early lead it was Vladimir Hernández’s equaliser that sent Bedoya over the edge. The 40-year-old, who won 49 caps for Colombia as a defensive midfielder, proceeded to berate the referee and his assistant for a full 10 minutes before he was sent to the stands."

EDIT: I have no idea how to make youtube videos show up as embedded in posts yet, sorry.

In football, Neil Warnock has always struck me as a great heel manager, but the kind you love to hate like a Heenan's character. His comments when asked if he'd manage Sheffield Wednesday, rivals of his beloved Sheffield United, were absolute gold:

"As long as the whole of my salary was paid within 28 days, I would buy so many tosspots - although, come to think of it, their current squad would do - and fuck 'em up so badly. Then I'd retire to Cornwall and spend the rest of my life laughing my fucking head off."

Prost was the heel vs Senna I'd say. The cold calculating man against the passionate and emotional risktaker

Prost was a more universal driver and I think that he and Senna were more yin/yang than face/heel. I mean, one of the biggest criticisms of Prost's was that he didn't like racing in the rain, which is like disliking someone for not wanting to work violent gimmick matches Mansell & Piquet were obvious heels, though. Mansell was a Shawn Michaels-level overseller.

I don't buy there being a heel in Pironi-Villeneuve, either, because Gilles had too much conviction to be the heel and no way that it's actually Didier, who would have been an icon amongst icons for the tifosi had he not gotten hurt.

Hamilton's a heel, but he's wonderful. Vettel's a heel, and a horsefaced little shit. Kubica is the babyface that the F1 grid has needed.

Speaking of Formula-1, I have legit refused to follow it for years due to a Ferrari team heeling incident years ago. F-1 fans will remember it because it was notorious.

It was the Austrian Grand Prix where their second choice driver won the poll, led the entire race wire to wire, was about to secure his first career win, and was ordered on the last lap by team management to pull over so his teammate in the first choice car could pass him and win to help lock up a championship that was already locked up. Crowd fucking hated it, booed through the whole post-match ceremony, it was some disgusting Million Dollar Corporation stuff.

I haven't followed F-1 seriously since and I never will again so long as Ferrari field a team. Watched maybe 3 complete races in the many years since that occurred. Ferrari is literal racing cancer.

When Rubinho let Schumi through? To be honest, I thought that was absolutely fucking hilarious. It wasn't going to be Barrichello's first career win though. His first victory was at Hockenheim in 2000. The A-1 Ring incident happened 2 years later. The title wasn't locked up that season yet either as it was only a few races into the 16 race season. Team orders are team orders, and Schumi's the number one driver. I've no issue with team orders in F1.

I fucking love Schumi. He's a badass.