Pro Wrestling Only

Heavy Hitters that missed your list

jpchicago23

I actually love the fact that there are some greats and highly rated guys that I couldn't place. Just means I have plenty of great wrestling to watch and a lot of guys to invest in. I'll probably redo my own personal list ever mania or two

Just posted this in another thread -- but EXACTLY. Our lists are a snapshot as of a particular moment. This does not end!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Hashimoto and Hijo Del Santo are the two guys I'm most excited to discover more of that will rank when I do this again. There are also guys like Murdoch and Buddy Rose who didn't rank as high because I've seen a decent amount but not a good enough amount of. I'm sure they'll move into the top quarter when I do

A whole, whole bunch.

I basically was very gung ho about this to begin with, watched enough to get a handle on a couple of guys, but then was without internet. When I got it back, it was close enough to the deadline that I didn't watch ANYTHING else because I was sure I wasn't going to turn in a list. Then, when someone in the Everyone Should... thread basically had my same issue, they were encouraged and I decided "Screw it".

So I have practically no Japanese workers, no Lucha beyond those who had substantial WCW runs, no WoS...

It's definitely a limited snapshot of this point in time that I will re-evaluate as time goes on.

I know Childs, myself, and some others have watched the DVDVR Mid South set and are current subscribers to NWA Classics.

What I take from this is people have different opinions and that's always going to happen whenever you rate something that doesn't have specific analytical data (i.e. baseball) to argue the case for the best.

I really liked Pat Roach from what I saw but didn't feel like it was fair to vote for him because I don't know how he compares to the other guys from WoS. I felt comfortable ranking Jim Breaks though just because he is so transcendentally great.

Holy s#ۤ... From the names you guys are mentioning here I guess there could be som big surprises in the final rankings... Sure, some will be disgusted by a few names I have very high, but other than that, I think my main omissions are a couple of WoS guys, joshi talent (I have only two on my list), golden era (5-10 matches generally just wasn't enough for me to rate on), and I probably have left off some post-2000 names (especially indie workers) that some will cry about. Will might roll his eyes at me leaving off Dick Murdoch.

So it's mainly names like Randy Orton, Kurt Angle and the like that I've not included, and I'm really ok with that...

Dick Togo and Tracy Smothers are two guys I've always liked the idea of. Going back to when I first became a fan I always liked when they would pop up in magazines or results even though I almost never saw them wrestle. However both guys were major letdowns for me in the ring. Smothers always seems awkward and somewhat underdeveloped as a worker and I just haven't been that impressed by Togo's singles. I had high hopes for both guys considering they had their backers but neither guy made my list.

3 people appeared on 148 ballots, which was the highest number.

Flair/Bret/Danielson? Or Flair/Bret/Funk?

A big question for me is who will drop further from their lofty 2006 Smarkschoice perch: Dynamite Kid (#14) or Takada (#19). I could see Takada going down as many as 150 spots - don't know if DK will fall that far.