• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

523 - Yumi Fukawa

2006 Ranking: honourable mention

# of Ballots: 1

High Vote: 88 (El-P)

One down. I probably was the only one voting for Yumi in 2006 too. ;) What kills her is that she had to retire so early because of injury (which also coincides with the time I stopped really caring about joshi, then current puroresu as a whole and dove in the past) . She was a terrific little worker who would have become great if time allowed.

I just want to say that I am absolutely loving the slow roll-out, and we haven't even reached the top 500 yet. I know many are happy and relieved that the whole thing is over, but I will be very sad once the curtains come down on this project. It has been insanely fun and educative for me. If someone had told me 4 years ago that I would one day be actively seeking out and marking out for pervy, horrible, mute-worthy WWE commmentator Jerry Lawler matches, I would have recommended them to get a good antidote for their essence of insanity. Shows how little we all know.

Now that the names are landing I'm starting to have this weird anxiety that I'm gonna wind up the high vote on somebody that I'll have no defense for. Like I'm just gonna wander around forever after, beating myself up over my Rank Of Shame. "I'm so STUPID! Why did I DO that?!"

On the flip side, the higher we get before hitting a name that I had ranked, the better I feel about my overall rankings, since it increases the likelihood that I wasn't the lone voter.

Seriously. This is oddly exhilerating.

Also, my workday is slow.

I love Takaiwa in the late 90s, then I have heard so little about him after that. That's a fate that seemed common with early 2000s guys. It's hard to get a real handle for so many of them because tons of opinions just aren't out there.

If I told you that you had a perfect ballot, would you hold it against me?

We don't have to put this on Grimmas, but I do like the idea of trying to figure out who our "perfect match" is after this is over.

Mine would be Perro Aguayo vs. Jerry Lawler sometime between 83-84.

I meant our "perfect match" in terms of the voter on the board who most closely aligns with our own views

Someone should develop a script that can run on OKCupid to this end.

"Hi, I noticed you were also the high vote on Mr Fuji, can I buy you a drink sometime?"

You ranked Tommy Rogers

He ranked Bobby Fulton

You are a 94% MATCH!

We haven't even got to the ranked list, and I'm already the high vote on Lanny Poffo and Bobby Fulton. And no one else voted for Fulton? Did anyone else consider him?

At one point he was in my bottom 10. I really enjoyed his work with Rogers. Love his punches. He was a victim of me discovering new guys.