Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List Part One

Grimmas

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. That might be a regret for me... Not including John Tenta... I cut him off at about #125, but he could have gotten a sentimentality vote from me. Glad he's getting some love though!

Looking at the names coming up now, I'm getting a feeling I might not be the high vote on anyone... That already makes me feel so boring and conventional. Damn. Fingers crossed though :-)

Hmmm. That might be a regret for me... Not including John Tenta... I cut him off at about #125, but he could have gotten a sentimentality vote from me. Glad he's getting some love though!

Looking at the names coming up now, I'm getting a feeling I might not be the high vote on anyone... That already makes me feel so boring and conventional. Damn. Fingers crossed though :-)

I'm starting to feel I might not be too. That would suck!

I'm starting to feel I might not be too. That would suck!

Right? Since you have access to the lists: I was considering switching my #5 and #6 right up til deadline, but that wouldn't have changed not being the high vote on anyone :-) ... Maybe I should have nominated and championed my countryman, Eric the Red :-D :-D :-D ... Look out for him in 2026!!!

:( I was the only vote for Genki. He deserved my #100 spot. Glad he's represented in some fashion.

I had him on my list but he was gone by the time I submitted it. Can't remember why.

Sad, as he was one of the reasons I bought my first, and only, wrestling shirt (a Toryumon one).

I love Suwama, can't believe Dean loves him more.

I was the other vote for Kaz. I think he's one of the most consistent dudes in All Japan, he's absurdly smooth in the ring, and while most of the juniors want to go bananas with the spots, he'll reign it in a little so everything matters a little more.

Grimmas: you do it your way and I don't mean to push it if it's a hassle or mess, but in the cases where multiple people voted for someone, is there any chance of writing out who the other voters were beyond the High Vote? Or are the votes you're not showing all anonymous? Even in the cases where only two people voted for someone, I'd think those two people would be into knowing they had the same taste. "I thought I was the only one who loved Chicky Starr this much!", etc. But maybe people will just reveal their picks in this thread? Either way, this is awesome.

Also: Freelance is one of the great What Ifs in wrestling and I really wish he was still making tape as much as he was in '08. Easily could have made my list with more matches filmed / more recent stuff fresh on my mind.

Second high voter was anonymous. All left blank names beside high vote is due to saying people wanted to be anonymous.

I must've accidentally left mine on anonymous, as I didn't see my name in the list of voters.. I don't mind if mine is public if you can make that change as you're releasing the list.