Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List Part One

Grimmas

I love Takaiwa in the late 90s, then I have heard so little about him after that. That's a fate that seemed common with early 2000s guys. It's hard to get a real handle for so many of them because tons of opinions just aren't out there.

I think a strong case for Takaiwa could be put forward since he is still going strong, though it is more piecing together fun performances in tag matches and the occasional great match than an obviously great run, especially for folks who follow japanese wrestling more casually.

Big pop for Dean's picks. I am sure he won't disappoint. I also wonder how many Battlarts wrestlers we're gonna go through before we get to Trish Stratus.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tama's the first of my list to go. Interesting that all three voters for him had him in the bottom ten (with me being the high voter at 90). I wound up watching a ton of Islanders stuff a few weeks before the deadline and thought he was fun as fuck with some of my favourite stock bumps of anybody ever. I wish they got a longer run as a babyface team, but he was pretty great as soon as they turned heel as well. I basically love Tama and 148 people were wrong when compiling their ballots by not voting for him.

I considered Kanemura.

Me too. Big fan at one point. Tons of fun stuff. He was booked everywhere in the mid 00's, and then he killed his career with the stupid sexual harassement stuff. He apparently is going to retire later this year.