Pro Wrestling Only

Lowest ranked wrestler with a number one vote?

Timbo Slice

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Scott Steiner is the Raekwon of wrestling. He thinks that what he is doing is the greatest shit ever, but I'm not sure that what WE think is great about him is what HE thinks is great about him. Steiner has pulled off some amazing matches, but it is obvious he's just throwing shit out there -- sometimes it lands (Incarcerated Scarfaces), sometimes it doesn't (Wu-Gambinos). He's a dude who rocks chain main headdresses and does crazy athletic spots, but also holds fort in the ring with a gang of ladies talking about his "freaks and peaks". I had him bottom 20, but I think he's Raekwon -- if you think he's Ghost Face, then the #1 ranking makes sense to me.

Pretty harsh on Rae there. I thought Cuban Linx II was dope as fuck.

Then again I'd say the same thing about any number of Steiners tags.

Agreed, there are plenty of rap canidates who consider themself great when they arent. Raekwon is not one of those, he may not be the best Wu emcee but thats nothing to scoff at. I have him at 3 in the Wu power rankings but thats better than the majority of his peers.

Calling Rae an idiot savant isn't really harsh -- you've heard him in interviews, so you know he's kind of Scott Steiner! When he drops something classic it isn't because he has this amazing mind for things, but more because he instinctively gets it, even if he doesn't intellectually get it. Rae has a hell of collection of great tracks, and so does Scott, but I wouldn't put either at the top of their genres. Being a top 100 anything is pretty high praise!

Calling Rae an idiot savant isn't really harsh -- you've heard him in interviews, so you know he's kind of Scott Steiner! When he drops something classic it isn't because he has this amazing mind for things, but more because he instinctively gets it, even if he doesn't intellectually get it. Rae has a hell of collection of great tracks, and so does Scott, but I wouldn't put either at the top of their genres. Being a top 100 anything is pretty high praise!

I'll link you to my depth chart!

http://placetobenation.com/parvs-guide-to-the-wu-tang-clan-part-1/#7

If you take Steiner's early 90s run -- featuring the 1990 WCW TV gauntlet of Flair/Anderson/Eaton -- as his Cuban Linx I, I think the Raekwon comparison could still work out, actually.

Well, other than the implication that Rick Steiner is Ghostface Killah. You know what? Scratch that. Forget I said anything.

If you take Steiner's early 90s run -- featuring the 1990 WCW TV gauntlet of Flair/Anderson/Eaton -- as his Cuban Linx I, I think the Raekwon comparison could still work out, actually.

Well, other than the implication that Rick Steiner is Ghostface Killah. You know what? Scratch that. Forget I said anything.

I just watched the gauntlet this weekend, and it was the inspiration for my post! He at times seemed like such a natural, and at other times seemed lost within the structure of what was being built for him -- it is exactly like Cuban Linx!

Ha ha.

If there was a rap PWO, I know GZA would be a strong #1 contender.

I guess this thread has been "answered", we just await the mysterious Jack Webb, who I'm assuming isn't JKWebb.

High on peak but low on output -- sounds a lot like Bret Hart...

Honestly though, 'Liquid Swords' is the Magnum vs. Tully of rap albums.