Pro Wrestling Only

Your New Avatar: Show Off Your Shame

Grimmas

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loathe to say, I feel quite lonely...

For though I'm pleased by Lanny's Leaping...

I've found no friends at Pro Wrestling Only...

Still, it's not very macho to sit here weeping...

And do I have myself to blame?

Well, ranking Joey Ryan does seem pretty lame!

I know there's some fun in you trying to guess...

And revealing this now could seal my fate...

But there's something I feel I need to confess...

I've got Lex Luger at number eight!

This was awesome!!!!!

I'll show no shame. I loved Kid Kash.

Really liked his run as a mid-card flippy dude who took insane bumps in ECW, then liked him in 2004-ish in TNA, and thought his WWE run and later stuff were really solid.

And his way too brief tag with Noble rocked the house. Would have loved to have seen them get a solid run. I'll change it now.

I've had the same avatar for the entire lifespan of this board. And I'll be damned if I'll abandon Mr. Pogo now for the likes of Chase fucking Stevens, even if he did once make me tap out four times in a row in unlicensed shoot-grappling matches held on the floor of a pizza parlor in front of a crowd of drunken wrestlers.

A little late to the party, but I was the guy who voted for Doug Furnas. What can I say, I'm a sucker for guys jacked to the gills that don't have two left feet. Awesome grandma hugging babyface in Tennessee. Great tags in Japan. And if you ever got heeled on by the Dirty White Girl, that's a huge plus in my rankings.

Doug didn't crack the top 500 so he didn't get a pic, but my first guy to crack the 500 was Hector Guerrero and for some reason his pic isn't coming up. So I picked the oddest Furnas pic I could find.

This Kimura picture is from Superluchas: Kengo getting his head shaved on 3/2/79 by the Arena Mexico barber, after losing a hair vs. hair match to Halcon Ortiz during his run as "Pak Choo".

02-009.jpg?resize=400%2C609

From the reactions thread: "Re: me being the high vote for my upcoming new user pic Kengo Kimura - I absolutely predicted he would be my lowest high vote, such that I got the pic ready earlier today. #41 is almost certainly too high for him, but he was a personal favorite and to my mind the greatest revelation of the New Japan set, which I think has been the best overall of the 80s project (though I haven’t seen the Lucha set yet). His work with Fujinami and Fujiwara in singles was phenomenal, he was a tremendous heel and face, and proved an invaluable partner in the big Tag League tournaments and multi-man gauntlets. He's the second-rate Fujinami, but in such a way that still makes him phenomenal, and I love that that also-ran status become a chip on his shoulder and part of his heelish character."