Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the Honorable Mention List, Part 2

Grimmas

Thirty three now! Anyone else faring this poorly?

I have a horrible suspicion that Flair will be the only one keeping me from a total wipe-out come number one hundred.

Having seen your list, I can safely say you will have plenty of people who make the Top 100.

200.gif

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Michael Elgin nominated? Say it ain't so.

Michael Elgin received no votes. Don't think he was nominated.

He was nominated, but I don't see him on the list of nominees not receiving votes: http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/33782-nominees-not-receiving-votes/

I don't remember if he was listed on the form for submitting ballots, though.

While I remain interested in who rates higher between HHH and Brody (but in the way I am interested in circus fights in MMA), I am now genuinely concerned that HHH will land higher than Luger. The overrated fabio looking mother fucker vs the underrated fabio looking mother fucker. I am curiously invested in the result.

I find the "Ugh, can you believe this guy from current times got votes" when a couple months ago there were posts of "Even if you haven't seen enough, still turn in a ballot"

Just feels weird.

Also, Magnum, Psicosis, and Ogawa are drops from my list. I'm just happy none of my top 50 are gone.

I find the "Ugh, can you believe this guy from current times got votes" when a couple months ago there were posts of "Even if you haven't seen enough, still turn in a ballot"

Just feels weird.

Also, Magnum, Psicosis, and Ogawa are drops from my list. I'm just happy none of my top 50 are gone.

I'm actually enjoying it. The hue and cry of "NOOOO! MY FAVORITES ARE DROPPING AND SO TOO IS MY OVER-INFLATED SENSE OF HOW MUCH MY OPINION MATTERS!" is really quite spectacular. I've gone from dreading being the high vote on Triple H to kinda hoping I am just so I can bask in the knowledge that my vote has just as much value as the guys who seem to think that their bias is somehow more justified. Carry on, gents!

I'm not a huge joshi fan at all, but I watched a pretty big chunk of Yoshida footage in the couple weeks leading up to the deadline, and for someone I really had no intention of seriously checking out for this project she wound up becoming my favourite (well, probably) joshi worker ever. Of course her case hinges largely on the ARSION run, but I dug her in matches as far back as 1992. There's a trios on the '92 yearbook where she's teaming with Hotta and Yamada against Aja, Bull and Kyoko, and I genuinely thought her performance was the most impressive part of the match. She basically bumped around huge for Aja and Bull for the most part, but her timing on hope spots was good and she was certainly easy to root for. In her peak she would hit the mat and at times burst into life with almost Tamura-esque speed, grabbing limbs and sprawling and shifting position. She also had a knack for milking a ton of drama out of submissions; sometimes being stuck in one for a couple minutes yet constantly struggling and frantically trying to make it to the ropes. There was a sense of desperation in those moments that I don't think too many of her peers could capture (that's also to say I thought she was a much better seller than most of them).

I have no real connection to any other joshi worker and wouldn't particularly care if Hokuto, Bull, Kansai and whoever else never made the top 100, but I really hoped Yoshida would. I also had a pretty good idea that El-P would be the one leading the charge to get her there.

Do you want to be my BFFL ? (creepy mode off)

Yeah, Yoshida in 92 was terrific. I'd have her above Toyota then (well, she wouldn't be alone). Her injury really screwed her up because she missed the huge interpromotional era.

Just feels weird.

I'm actually enjoying it. The hue and cry of "NOOOO! MY FAVORITES ARE DROPPING AND SO TOO IS MY OVER-INFLATED SENSE OF HOW MUCH MY OPINION MATTERS!" is really quite spectacular. I've gone from dreading being the high vote on Triple H to kinda hoping I am just so I can bask in the knowledge that my vote has just as much value as the guys who seem to think that their bias is somehow more justified. Carry on, gents!

I do think there are factors at play OTHER than bias or subjectivity.

For example, what have you seen?

Everyone has gaps, of course, but some gaps are bigger than others. My gaps are bigger than Chad's, for example.

Of course there are other factors. And most people are handling it just fine. I'm just enjoying the outrage from the elitist minority who seem to take it as a personal affront to their tastes that the list isn't falling in their favor, especially when you consider the list isn't falling in ANYONE'S favor. We're all losing people we hoped would do better. Some of us are just enjoying the diversity more than others.

Of course there are other factors. And most people are handling it just fine. I'm just enjoying the outrage from the elitist minority who seem to take it as a personal affront to their tastes that the list isn't falling in their favor, especially when you consider the list isn't falling in ANYONE'S favor. We're all losing people we hoped would do better. Some of us are just enjoying the diversity more than others.

I'm treating it more like a game, where I have 100 lives and I want to end with as many as possible still standing.

My list has guys like Scott Steiner, Sting and Dusty on it, so there isn't much elitism coming from me.

I am gutted to have lost 8 soldiers already though.