Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

I thought we had one but I can't find it. The search feature doesn't work, it tries to search on Google. <_>

Anyway, I wanted to say something about Triple H after watching the end of Raw tonight. He lost to HBK. Now, outside of his win over Tajiri and his win over Ric Flair, he's lost, like, every match he's been in recently. He lost three straight to Batista. He lost at Taboo Tuesday to Flair. He lost to HBK. I'm curious what it'll take for him to get back in the good graces of the fans. I don't mean as a babyface, I'm just curious what it'll take for the IWC to not hate him anymore. Did he go past the point of no return? Do people not care about his win/loss record anymore because they know he'll eventually just get the belt back? Wouldn't he be a better champion than Cena?

According to the TSM Win/Loss thread, Triple H is 11/11 on the year in televised matches.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

If HHH keeps the low profile thing going, I can see things swinging in his favour in terms of internet sentiment within a few more months (depending on how he sets up for Mania). I mean, not with those who actually know better, but with those who go by whats "cool" and what isn't, I can see that happening.

It's weird because it almost seems like Triple H doesn't have a direction right now. I mean, is he going to wrestle The Big Show? After Orton lost the Hell in a Cell to The Undertaker, it wouldn't surprise me if Triple H won the damn Royal Rumble. It's like the biggest things that HHH have done recently are get punked out by TBS and hint that him & Steph were getting back together on-air.

He would win me over by staying in the mid-card and not doing a 20 minute Raw promo for at least 2-3 years. I'm talking no title shots in that amount of time and not getting the lion's share of the PPV buildup.

He's probably laying low right now because he intends to beat Cena at Mania and kick off another long winded title run.

The thing is, any direction (or lack thereof, in this case) is self-imposed, so obviously HHH has a plan. He's still on TV each week, he's still in everyones minds, and for now he's just sustaining that.

He's still on TV every week but he just took a couple of months off. There's no way he can be a mid-carder for two-to-three years. That's just unrealistic.

To be honest, I want him to beat Cena for the title at Wrestlemania. If Batista & Cena are both the champions going into the show and one of them have to leave with the belt, I'll take HHH over Cena instead of Orton over Batista. Batista still seems to be over without half the crowd turning on him.

Now, I'm not saying that I want Triple H to win the Rumble again and go on to win the belt at 'Mania but I think he's a good main eventer, that took some time off, hasn't been Superman lately & works good matches. It just seems like as long as he's with Steph, the man can do no right.

Also, if/when HHH gets the title back, I don't think it'll be a long reign. He'll lose it after a month or two, then get it back so he can inch closer to Flair. ;)

Isn't Triple H supposed to be in the Elimination Chamber match taht's supposedly a six-way at the Rumble? If so, that would explain why he's keeping a low profile (assuming the match is still going). He's trying to paint himself as the "underdog" heading into the match.

No, HHH is out of the Elimination chamber. You could look at that a few ways, one way would be "HHH is so selfless, giving up his spot for someone who could use it more" or you could see it as "HHH is avoiding doing a job so he can have more momentum going into whatever post-Rumble program he's doing".

Guest bravesfan

The competitors match up to reveal that it's after a AJPW match on October 21st, 1992, or a date real close to that.

Jumbo, Andre and Gordy v. Baba, Hansen and Dory Funk. I have the match on my computer, and it's just atrocious, but memorable for the wrestlers involved and the spectacle of Andre's last run.

Guest The Metal Maniac

Do people not care about his win/loss record anymore because they know he'll eventually just get the belt back?

This is exactly how I feel about HHH. It doesn't matter what he does at any given point, because the belt is always going to end up back on him eventually. So what if he's doing a few jobs? They'll all be forgotten about when he wins back "his" title so he can brag about how great he is non-stop.

And you know, the thing that bugs me the most about HHH is this: Unless something crazy happens (like him divorcing Steph), I can almost guarantee that he will go down as the WWE Official Company Line Best Wrestler Ever; and quite honestly, that makes me feel a little sick just thinking about it.

I mean, I'm not going to say he's a bad wrestler, because he's clearly not; but he is not, nor was he ever, the best worker *or* the best promo guy *or* the best draw in the fed. And yet, because he happened to marry the right person, we'll have to put up with anouncers talking about the glory days when HHH, the best ever, was ruling the roost from the time he retires until God-knows-when.

I thnk the frustration toward HHH lies in the fact that if he wanted the belt back tomorrow, he could get it, and immediately erase the past year of non-stop jobbing. He's definitely stayed out of the spotlight this year, but HHH deserves all the criticism he gets because of who he chooses to put over and who he chooses to bury. He has no problem laying down for Batista repeatedly. Or even Chris Benoit, a great worker who'll never be the type they can build around. Or Shawn Michaels, his best friend. Why couldn't he give that treatment to Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam or Booker T when they were all very over and fans were wanting to see them take that spot?

I was channel surfing this morning just before heading to work, and what do I see on TBS? One of Kevin Nash's Arrowsmith Chiropractic Clinic ads! He's supposedly been doing these since 2000 or so, but this one looked very recent, due to his hair. Needless to say, it caught me by surprise and gave me a bit of a chuckle.

What would you guys rate Sting/Flair from Clash I.  I kind of thought it was disappointing the first time I saw it but the second time I really caught all the little things going on in that match.  I'd give it ***3/4 or **** depending on my mood.

***1/4-***1/2, somewhere in there. Good match with great heat that legitimately made Sting a superstar, but how many times can you repeat the EXACT SAME SEQUENCES in a match?