Pro Wrestling Only

Dropoffs from the 2006 SmarksChoice Top 100

DR Ackermann

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More interesting would have been if he'd never gone back to being "The Deadman" and stayed the "American Bad Ass." It had some bad moments for sure but he did have the great HIAC match with Brock during that run but I loved his heel run where he was beating up on young guys like Maven & Jeff Hardy. He was also a GREAT promo during that time period. The promo with him in the graveyard before the Buried Alive match with Vince is one of the best promos ever imo.

Is the battle to reorder AJPW consensus or to destroy the consensus that AJPW was the best wrestling ever?

I'll wait at least until the marathon show Kris and I dropped before I get to this, but I rate all of the vaunted AJPW workers from the 90s well and on the show even mention that if pressed I'd probably still call it the apex

UWF II is the peak of wrestling but there are plenty of other promotions/promotional runs I'd take over All Japan as well. If the question was specifically about a lengthy run then 90s All Japan might just take it. Surely there have already been threads discussing that very issue?