Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 100-51

Grimmas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to list 49 people who are left, but I can't figure out who the 50th is. Maybe I'm missing someone obvious, but if you'd like, take a look and figure out who the last person is.

AJ Styles
Aja Kong
Akira Taue
Arn Anderson
Barry Windham
Billy Robinson
Bobby Eaton
Bret Hart
Brock Lesnar
Buddy Rose
Chris Benoit
CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Dustin Rhodes
Eddie Guerrero
El Dandy
El Hijo Del Santo
Fit Finlay
Genichiro Tenryu
Harley Race
Jerry Lawler
John Cena
Jumbo Tsuruta
Jun Akiyama
Jushin Liger
Mick Foley
Mitsuharu Misawa
Negro Casas
Nick Bockwinkel
Randy Savage
Rey Misterio Jr.
Ric Flair
Rick Martel
Ricky Morton
Ricky Steamboat
Riki Choshu
Satanico
Shawn Michaels
Shinya Hashimoto
Stan Hansen
Steve Austin
Tatsumi Fujinami
Ted Dibiase
Terry Funk
Toshiaki Kawada
Tully Blanchard
Vader
William Regal
Yoshiaki Fujiwara

I was able to list 49 people who are left, but I can't figure out who the 50th is. Maybe I'm missing someone obvious, but if you'd like, take a look and figure out who the last person is.

AJ Styles

Aja Kong

Akira Taue

Arn Anderson

Barry Windham

Billy Robinson

Bobby Eaton

Bret Hart

Brock Lesnar

Buddy Rose

Chris Benoit

CM Punk

Daniel Bryan

Dustin Rhodes

Eddie Guerrero

El Dandy

El Hijo Del Santo

Fit Finlay

Genichiro Tenryu

Harley Race

Jerry Lawler

John Cena

Jumbo Tsuruta

Jun Akiyama

Jushin Liger

Mick Foley

Mitsuharu Misawa

Negro Casas

Nick Bockwinkel

Randy Savage

Rey Misterio Jr.

Ric Flair

Rick Martel

Ricky Morton

Ricky Steamboat

Riki Choshu

Satanico

Shawn Michaels

Shinya Hashimoto

Stan Hansen

Steve Austin

Tatsumi Fujinami

Ted Dibiase

Terry Funk

Toshiaki Kawada

Tully Blanchard

Vader

William Regal

Yoshiaki Fujiwara

Kobashi isn't on that list.

The four Top 50 entries that I'm missing:

Shawn Michaels

Brock Lesnar

Tully Blanchard

A.J. Styles

I joked about voting for fictional video game characters instead of Styles at one point, but he ended up being one of my last cuts and he's probably the only one out of this list of four that I feel a twinge of remorse about leaving off, in retrospect.

Of course, it shouldn't be a surprise that so many people have 45+ out of these 50 - they didn't get to be the Top 50 overall by accident. (Still fun to consider, though.)

I just looked at the reveals for today and I am crushed by Breaks finishing outside the top 50. There are favorites of mine, people I ranked, where I can say "Oh, that person appeals to me and I think they are great, but I understand not liking the style". Like Necro Butcher or someone. Breaks is universal, and I honestly can't imagine liking wrestling of any kind, watching literally a single Jim Breaks match, and not immediately understanding his greatness. It's universal, and I feel completely sure that the only reason he isn't on every ballot is because 80 some odd people couldn't be bothered to go to youtube.

I think I ended up with 30 of the top 50 which is fine since I thought I'd have a lot less left.

And 18 of those 30 were in my top 30.

So 60 percent for both.

High votes for The Quebecers, Colt Cabana, Rick Steiner, Kevin Steen, Big Boss Man, and Davey Boy Smith.

I need to switch my Avatar to Breaks soon. My top voter scores are for Garza, Mike Jackson, Virus, Bill Eadie, and Jim Breaks. That's my new favorite Survivor Series team.

Do you really think you could take my team of Kellett, Solar, Goto, Porky and Saint?

It's going to be a joy collaborating with you.

I'm realising that a lot of my 100 is going to place in the actual 100 and I'm very annoyed at the placing. Since I last checked I've lost:

Owen Hart - 61

Bill Dundee - 49

Jim Breaks - 34

Greg Valentine - 57

Dick Murdoch - 24

Though this is tempered by knowing Steve Grey is finishing top 50

I'm realising that a lot of my 100 is going to place in the actual 100 and I'm very annoyed at the placing. Since I last checked I've lost:

Owen Hart - 61

Bill Dundee - 49

Jim Breaks - 34

Greg Valentine - 57

Dick Murdoch - 24

Though this is tempered by knowing Steve Grey is finishing top 50

Grey finished 108th.

On the one hand Breaks is a blow. He was my highest ranked guy I didn't really consider for number one, and it hurt me to have him as low as I did (21). I think he's the best I've ever seen from the Euro scene, and probably among the most immediately translatable workers I've ever seen. He's easily a top 50 guy in my eyes, and more importantly I can't really conceive of a world where those who have seen him don't think of him at that level.

On the other hand when the morning started there were 6 guys I could think of on the board who were left that I really didn't want to fall outside the top fifty. Five of them survived. The fact that El Dandy, Satanico, Buddy Rose, Negro Casas, and El Hijo del Santo are all still alive is a good thing, especially given the number of ballots and some of the trends we've seen up to this point

I love Valentine, Hennig and Dundee and I'm actually pretty happy with where they finished. All of them finished right around where I had them on my ballot. Owen is strange because I didn't include him and kind of felt bad about it briefly, then didn't care. Now I see him on here and while I think he's a bit too high, I also don't think it looks bad at all. I also kind of wish I'd voted for him and not Bret, because I actually think he scores better than Bret on the things I care about, and Bret is going to be wildly overrated anyhow. Andre finishing 51 is a bit ridiculous to me, but I do like the idea of Andre as the gatekeeper of the top 50 :)

Without looking at who exactly is left, Brock and Tully feel overrated to me. I've never gotten Tully the way some have, and seems absurd to me that he will rank over someone like Greg Valentine. Brock is the most advantaged wrestler of all time by a massive margin, which isn't an immediate disqualifier, but I just can't get behind him this high. Shawn I don't agree with, but I get it, and it doesn't really irk me. I just don't want him to finish top fifteen. Finlay still being on the board is mildly surprising. I have to assume he will fall soon.

Here is who dropped out of the top 50 from 10 years ago:

Dynamite Kid
Akira Hokuto
Nobuhiko Takada
Jaguar Yokoda
The Destroyer
Shinjiro Ohtani
Manami Toyota
Giant Baba
Mayumi Ozaki
Blue Panther
Hiroshi Hase
Devil Masami
Owen Hart
Chigusa Nagayo
Volk Han
Bull Nakano
Curt Hennig
Terry Gordy
Jack Brisco

I have the greatest wacky thrown-together tag team of Pat Roach and Kofi Kingston.

WWE would call them Kof-Roach or something.

Has anyone nailed a placement on the list? I had Baba at #63 and he came up at #63. Drink!

I have 41 guys remaining now. 32 of my Top 50.

Finlay is the guy I can't believe has made the Top 50 the most. He surely can't be long for the world. Dustin will score the highest placement from my bottom 25.