Pro Wrestling Only

Dear 2026 Wrestling Obsessives

Loss

My two cents:

- Keep the definition of "greatest wrestler" as open as this year.

- Keep the nomination process

- Either keep the three match thing or at least come up with something else that makes sure you can't just nominate someone by naming them. If it's that "easy" someone's just gonna list of a thousand random wrestler names, so they can sabotage that process. Maybe the "make a case" idea Dylan and El-P are advocating. Something at least.

- Keep a two year period for the project. It takes time to really generate the heat for it, and I'm pro the high voter turnout we got this time.

- Try not to disqualify someone just because you're a little bored of them at the moment of voting. Try to remember how you felt a month ago, six months ago, a year ago. Because you might feel that way again soon. So try to avoid making it only a snapshot of the date you're filling in the ballot. Use the full time, make a list early and then keep adjusting it.

- See as many different styles, eras and regions as possible.

- Trust the people who've seen a ton more than you, and follow their match reccomendations. Not so you vote the same as them, but because they have a pretty good idea about what you should see as a minimum to make a reasonably educated vote.

- Be active in the debates leading up to the actual vote.

- Stay curious throughout the whole thing. When someone talks someone up that you either don't know well or don't immediately like, be open and try to understand why others dig that wrestler. The whole proces is not necessarily about you winning over others to your point of view, but broadening your own horisons. If the project makes you appreciate someone you didn't earlier or makes you discover a new style or territory, then you've won.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By 2026 there's gonna be a lot of voters who grew up on post 2000(even post 2010) wwe and feel a great nostalgia for that stuff. Don't be influenced by that nostalgia! Ignore it! ... Go back and watch the stuff we, the majority og the 2016 voters, feel nostalgia for, because we are way more objective and our childhood had better wrestling than yours. Plus we're older and know what's good for you.

By 2026 there's gonna be a lot of voters who grew up on post 2000(even post 2010) wwe and feel a great nostalgia for that stuff. Don't be influenced by that nostalgia! Ignore it! ... Go back and watch the stuff we, the majority og the 2016 voters, feel nostalgia for, because we are way more objective and our childhood had better wrestling than yours. Plus we're older and know what's good for you.

This is one of those things I'm curious to what wrestlers, or types of wrestlers, we see having opinions either improved or lessen. Like what sort of acts that didn't do well on the list are we likely to see people talk about?

I don't know, food for thought? Maybe not even that.

This is one of those things I'm curious to what wrestlers, or types of wrestlers, we see having opinions either improved or lessen. Like what sort of acts that didn't do well on the list are we likely to see people talk about?

Right? Like Blade Runner being slaughtered in 1982, now considered a classic. Who might be the "genius who wasn't acknowledged in his own time"? Will footage emerge to reveal someone we hadn't thought about to be a complete master, and who might that be? Which one or ones of the guys we revere today will be cast aside by 2026?

Right? Like Blade Runner being slaughtered in 1982, now considered a classic. Who might be the "genius who wasn't acknowledged in his own time"? Will footage emerge to reveal someone we hadn't thought about to be a complete master, and who might that be? Which one or ones of the guys we revere today will be cast aside by 2026?

As long as NWAClassics keeps going I think it could do a lot to help guys it's already boosted like Gino & Lothario. Hopefully we'll get enough Spoiler footage to get him in the discussion as well.

How high will the Miz get?

Be sure to bring up Kamala in the discussions at completely random times.

Ha! Right on! Need to make a good talk better? Need to derail a stupid debate? Bored? There's always cause to randomly talk about the Ugandan giant!

What would prime Kamala vs 2003 Tamon Honda have looked like? I wonder.

As long as NWAClassics keeps going I think it could do a lot to help guys it's already boosted like Gino & Lothario. Hopefully we'll get enough Spoiler footage to get him in the discussion as well.

Completely agree! Who knows what else might surface over the next ten years, but right now Classics really looks like it will help some extremely deserving names to build their case. The future of archive footage looks bright :-)

Completely agree! Who knows what else might surface over the next ten years, but right now Classics really looks like it will help some extremely deserving names to build their case. The future of archive footage looks bright :-)

Bruce Tharpe said he had offers from a few different people who own wrestling libraries (not sure who/what) after launching NWAClassics but he didn't have the time/money to do anything with that stuff when he still had so much work to do on the Houston footage. Hopefully Classics will keep growing and he'll later be in a position to add to it with different libraries.

Bruce Tharpe said he had offers from a few different people who own wrestling libraries (not sure who/what) after launching NWAClassics but he didn't have the time/money to do anything with that stuff when he still had so much work to do on the Houston footage. Hopefully Classics will keep growing and he'll later be in a position to add to it with different libraries.

Fingers crossed!!!!

I guess my advice for 2026 is use every tool technology gives you to make people open their minds and watch cool wrestling.

I have no clue how easier (or god forbid, harder) will watching footage and sharing it with other people is going to be in 8 more years - if this is done again I assume there's gonna be at least a 2 year process before sending ballots - but I really hope the nomination and discussion process can be engaging to more people. I'd love to see fans that are disappointed with some placements in this list be able to pimp the shit out of guys they like in a way that it reaches to more people than just PWO.

I'd love for every style to be considered by at least 85% of voters.