Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 50-26

Grimmas

Is there a contingency plan in place in the likely event that Grimmas gets arrested after revealing a top 20 pick?

Is there too much riding on one Canadian?

:)

There is no crime in Canada, so I wouldn't worry. One big "sorry" and the cops let you go.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foley was my #45. Too much really good stuff in WCW and WWF plus his ECW stint that was incredible from a "character work" standpoint. Yeah, I know. There are still a few stuff that I'm really not a fan of though, the stupid potato match with Vader, the infamous Hell in the Cell match with Da Bump (who am I kidding, it's Shane O-Mac who's got the nod now), the awful chairshots match with Rock at the Rumble. Maybe he's a bit of a nostalgia pick.

Would have liked to see Satanico finish in the top 20. I know I'm not as high on Dandy as everyone else but I definitely think he should have ranked ahead of Dandy to be (what I am pretty sure will be) the 3rd highest ranked luchadore.

A jump of 203 spots is really good for Buddy Rose. I had him higher on my ballot but can't complain about how he finished considering Portland isn't really one of the territories most people usually seek out. I'd say his huge jump is evidence of more available footage helping him out but maybe it's just more of that awful "mainstream U.S. bias" creeping in. :rolleyes:

I'd say his huge jump is evidence of more available footage helping him out but maybe it's just more of that awful "mainstream U.S. bias" creeping in. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was really thinking about Buddy Rose when I talked about mainstream US guys... Fucking Portland.

I'd say his huge jump is evidence of more available footage helping him out but maybe it's just more of that awful "mainstream U.S. bias" creeping in. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was really thinking about Buddy Rose when I talked about mainstream US guys... Fucking Portland.

You aren't the only person spouting that nonsense. pol and fxnj were both saying yesterday that the list is somehow evidence of people NOT watching footage.

There was a breakdown of what types of wrestling people considered. U.S. was far, far ahead of anywhere else except "mainstream Japan". There objectively was a bias.

Also guys who get talked up as #1 candidates finishing in the thirties isn't much of an argument that there can't have been any kind of bias.

I see Satanico as a win over all. I had him in my top 15, but considering the fact that probably a third of the voters don't seem to like lucha much if at all, a top 40 appearance is impressive. I myself wish I had rated him one spot lower than I did, but get the arguments for him in the top five too.

I see Buddy as another win. He came from complete off the radar to a top forty guy on the back of footage found in his garage and one year of AWA stuff. That is a huge turnaround. At his best he's one of the best wrestlers of all time, and his average vote was great. I do wish he'd finished higher, but what's key is he's at least on the periphery of the top tier. That said I'm mad at Devon for not having him at number one (he originally did).

El Dandy finishing ahead of Satanico is shocking.

Buddy Rose, who hasn't been talked up anywhere except here and DVDVR, jumping 233 spots from 2006 is not evidence of people "not watching footage" and just going on memory or whatever BS people are trying to come up with to justify why their favorite niche didn't do well. It doesn't matter if people on this board were pimping him as a possible #1 candidate because there aren't any other places on the internet where that discussion would take place.

The idea that the voting was "infiltrated" by a bunch of horrible voters who only voted mainstream U.S. wrestlers really is not coming through in the results at all. Are there some ballots that didn't have anything but U.S. wrestlers? Yea but definitely not enough to where it's somehow tainted the entire pool. And it's not like there weren't ballots that were all guys who wrestled in Japan as evidenced by the ballot that had Inoki as #1 that GOTNW posted.