Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 50-26

Grimmas

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone give me their argument for having Vader over Aja Kong on their list? I understand why Vader is going to finish higher, but I'd love to hear from someone who ranked both and decided that Vader was better.

Sure, I voted Vader higher because his offense looked better, he bumped better, he had more great matches (though Aja had many) and his style transferred effectively to so many different settings. People have long said Aja was a better Vader, but I still think Vader is a better Vader, despite the fact I have great respect for her and she was my highest ranking female. If you find her work more aesthetically pleasing, I can't really argue with you. But I don't.

One major change from 2006 to 2016 is that in 2006 the default position was still largely to bow to all things Japan. Perhaps it's swung too far in the other direction, perhaps not, but it's a change

We'll see as the reveals continue, but the group that seems to have benefited is 80s JCP guys.

One major change from 2006 to 2016 is that in 2006 the default position was still largely to bow to all things Japan. Perhaps it's swung too far in the other direction, perhaps not, but it's a change

We'll see as the reveals continue, but the group that seems to have benefited is 80s JCP guys.

And 80s territory guys would be one of the major groups to benefit from expanded access & availability of footage.

That Brock #2 vote needs to be addressed. That's high to put it lightly.

What do you recommend we do about it?

Expose the voter. :)

I'd just like to hear an argument for why someone ranked Brock Lesnar the #2 greatest wrestler of all-time. I'm curious.