Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 50-26

Grimmas

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not that much WoS out there is there? As in, wouldn't it be viable to watch everything that's available if you were so inclined? I'm just asking for myself here, as when trying to get a feel for a particularly time/place I at least like to start out with the approach of trying to see as much as possible and work through it chronologically.

Yes, it would be feasible to watch everything that's out there. OJ has pretty well done that in fact.

I started doing that in 2009 and still haven't watched everything. If you only watched the stuff that aired on The Wrestling Channel it would be shorter but you'd miss a lot.

I love Ted, but surprised he finished above Rick Martel. Glad they both made the top 50. I was hoping Martel would get even a bigger boost. Had him at 22. I don't think I currently enjoy watching any other babyface more than Rick Martel. Two of my personal favorites.

People really need to stop looking at this list as a be all end all on the debates we are having. The results aren't disappointing if you stop looking at the ranks as "Who is better". Dick Murdoch ended up as 53. I ranked him 11. DEAN ranked him 3. Nobody on earth is going to be able to prove to Dean Rasmussen that 50 other wrestlers are really better than Dick Murdoch. However, people who value Deans opinion are going to seek out more Murdoch or Ray Gonzalez or LA Park. So Jim Breaks didn't crack the Top 50? So What??? People a couple of years from now will find this list, look at Breaks in the Top 100, see all the glowing praise, and seek him out. The list isn't the end of a journey. It's the beginning.

No one would be mad if all lists were like DEAN's. There would be no arguing. Only joy and love for the sport of professional wrestling and tiny pants.

I think I had Choshu at 40, so I'm fine with him at 41, though there are a few guys above him that I don't buy (Bret and Savage off the top of my head).

That said the best sign here is that Buddy Rose and the four top luchadors all made the top 40. For all the complaining about how the expanded voter base effected results, the presence of those 5 guys at this stage is something I wouldn't have expected even from a poll solely restricted to PWO regulars.

I'm not sure how many if any will be around when we get to the top 20, let alone the top 10. But 1/8 of the top 40 being those guys is great news to me (you could probably add Regal in here as well).

I think I had Choshu at 40, so I'm fine with him at 41, though there are a few guys above him that I don't buy (Bret and Savage off the top of my head).

That said the best sign here is that Buddy Rose and the four top luchadors all made the top 40. For all the complaining about how the expanded voter base effected results, the presence of those 5 guys at this stage is something I wouldn't have expected even from a poll solely restricted to PWO regulars.

I'm not sure how many if any will be around when we get to the top 20, let alone the top 10. But 1/8 of the top 40 being those guys is great news to me (you could probably add Regal in here as well).

You could probably add Dustin Rhodes to that list.

Jimmy: I had Ted at 50 in the March Madness. So close, but no cigar. I ranked him higher myself though...

Martel, DiBiase, Choshu. Personally I'd have them all higher than some of the guys still to come, but on that nonexistant objectivity scale I think their final places are quite fair.

Don't care what anyone says. Damn we've ended up ranking some awesome guys.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and realize that all of us have left someone off the ballot that others would find sacrilege. The list isn't going to be a perfect representation in anyone's eyes. I think we were diluting ourselves if that's what we thought the end result of this would be. I think it would have been actively less fun if the results were what we thought they would be.