Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 50-26

Grimmas

A couple people including Parv had him at 42.

Hmmm... Wasn't The March Madness thing about predicting the Final top 10 plus DiBiase's ranking? I think Parv guessed Ted wouldn't break the top 100. And I think he had him higher than 42 himself. (I seem to remember 42 on his list being Jack Brisco. They both had Brisco at 42 on their podcast, and I remember that because I almost had Jack at 42 as well, but ended up placing him at 40).

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many GWE lists of this (or at least somewhat comparable) magnitude have there even been? Seems like a stretch to call the list boring when the only thing we have to compare it to is the 2006 one which might as well be summed up as "love workrate xx". Don't worry the boring picks of today will be replaced with the boring picks of tomorrow and I will laugh as old men will yell when Chris Hero ranks over JCP guys.

Martel is at least a hundred slots too high. I think Hennig is a weird number one but at least I understand it. Martel this high I do not.

Care to elaborate? The consensus of those who have watched him in AWA, Portland, All Japan, etc. is that he was a tremendous performer for most of the '80s.

Personally for me the only thing disappointing about the list is the demise of Joshi and maybe some shoot-style/battlarts people not doing as well as I would have liked.

Otherwise the list is pretty much what you would expect with the top mainstream US and Japanese names dominating because they are universally considered great and are on most of the ballots. Only the absolute top tier, most well known lucha guys are still in the mix.

Satanico making it another day is fucking awesome. I can't really believe some of the guy's he's finished above! The list rocks.

I think it goes without saying that you helped Satanico's case more than any single person helped any single wrestler in the top 100.

Where did Barry finish in 2006? Am too dumb to be able to find that list.

2006 list

http://z11.invisionfree.com/wrestling_ko/index.php?showtopic=1937

Wow, Michaels is gonna be higher. I wonder if the Taker (and Flair?) matches added to his case for some people, or the fact that he retired 6 years ago has made fans remember his good stuff more than his bad.

I had Michaels on my list and don't regret it a bit. The Rockers were pretty awesome in AWA and were easily the best tag team in the late 80s and early 90s in wwf. Plus, I still love his heel run in 97. His big matches post return may be overrated but I like his pre 98 stuff enough that he made his way on my list.