Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 25-11

Grimmas

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think for a lot of people, the results are just a proxy for the amount of effort put in by the masses. they were hoping others would explore more unfamiliar styles the way they did, and some of these results don't really suggest that.

Look at the jumps buddy, fujinama, Lawler etc. Made though, obviously it played a role.

I feel like we are comparing this list an awful lot to a list that very few of the voters of THIS list contributed to.

Not saying that is wrong but I'm not sure saying "Well look how many people moved!" can be said in 100% fairness.

The problem with "everyone should participate" seems pretty clear to me. Here at PWO we have hardcore scrutiniy and also a call for everyone to participate no matter how much they've watched. No list is going to make everyone happy, but one with such a pastiche especially won't. And really-where do we draw the line? If we had another 1000 people contributing it would have looked like something from wrestlingforum. 49 people voted in 2006. We had 151 voters. Negro Casas made 108 ballots. Jim Breaks made 67. It could have looked different.

Let's just keep it to the most vocal who participated. What if we just took parv, Dylan and Matt d,s list. What would that have looked like?

Why does it need to be one extreme or the other?

Because the project was about the fucking journey, not some cobcebsys list. If we didn't ask people to vite, what would be the point?

It was such a relief to come across a Japanese main eventer that made use of facial expressions, had genuine intensity, didn't stick rigidly to 'stoic'.

Oh please.

I love Hash but to suggest he was the only Japanese main eventer (or one of two?) who demonstrated those qualities is absurd.

Yet, even Inoki and Choshu aren't exactly full of colour.

Guessing Regal made a shit load of ballots, he looks out of his depth up there. Surprised Arn's still alive.

It would probably be too much work, but is there a way we could have a "PWO-Only" list as well? Not as a replacement, but as a complement to the main list. I am guessing it would be comprised of people who post here and have 200 posts in the forums or something - that can be debated. If Grimmas is short on time, he could explain the formula to me and I would do the mathematics.

Please create variations of the list based on # of posts made.

Not going to happen.

Yea number of posts is a silly metric but a list of people who were only active in the discussions threads would be an interesting list.

If that were the case, I don't think as much time and effort would have been put into this project. It would just be a bunch of names off a list

In spite of my disappointment today, I applaud all the time and effort you have put in to make the project as accessible and informative as you have, Grimmas.

I still reckon the AJPW pillars would still have ranked as high as they are going to even if the voting would have been limited to Parv, Dylan, and the most vocal PWO posters/podcasters even if the style is not something I find appealing.