Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling T-shirts

Two parts to this post:

1. What's your favorite wrestling T-shirt that you own? Mine is probably the below Outsiders shirt I purchased at a Monday Nitro around 1998. We had an old car full of 17-year-olds heading to the show, and it broke down on a major highway. We didn't want to miss the show, so we just left it on the side of the road and called someone else to come get us and take us to Nitro. Managed to make it for the second half of the show. Took care of the car the next day (for some reason, the cops just let it sit on the shoulder overnight).

A few weeks after purchasing said Outsiders shirt, I was carrying in groceries for my mom. A bottle of bleach started leaking and left ugly brown splotches on the bottom of my beloved new Outsiders shirt. No matter, I just got out a black marker and did my best to cover those ugly stains up. Nothing was going to stop me from wearing my Outsiders shirt!

My second favorite is probably the below Macho Man shirt.

If any of you all still have some old shirts you purchased at Crockett or Hogan-era WWF shows, I'd love to see them.

2. What's the best place online to buy vintage wrestling T-shirts. A Google search brings up several sites, but I'm just wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a specific site to use.

il_570xN.1006892395_3bmd.jpg

machocaged.jpg

My favorite wrestling shirt is a recent one I got off Pro Wrestling Tees (pic below). After that, those classic ECW tees are still the top tier for me, both because of nostalgia and how they looked more like concert shirts than your stock wrestling shirt.

ravendreamer460b.jpg

I don't own this one, unfortunately, but it's hard to beat it:

f50sCqn.jpg

Fun little piece: http://whatculture.com/wwe/30-coolest-wrestling-t-shirts-ever

I also really like the shirt WWE made for Jushin Liger. It's one of the rare few shirts they've put out that's actually good and cool. (Most modern WWE shirts are are terrible and look like lazy hack jobs put together in an hour by an unpaid intern.)

http://shop.wwe.com/jushin-liger-thunder-authentic-t-shirt/W10234.html

I have the "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" T-shirt that Greg Valentine used to wear in Mid-Atlantic. Man, I get some strange looks when I wear it in public.

I was wearing it during a family trip to the zoo last month and a guy in his 60's stopped me all excited to tell me he remembered what that was all about. I think 99% of the weird looks are from people who don't get the reference and just think it's a weird statement to have on a T-shirt.

Where I'm from, those shirts are SO damn expensive, and even then quality differs widely. So my, if you wanna call it that, collection only consists of two shirts, with the below beeing my absolute favorite, although by now it's grey rather than black. And another favourite of mine, although I very, very rarely is the hat seen further below.

Mick-Foley.jpg

shawn_michaels_2_by_wwefan4lifehardy-d5u

WWE t-shirts would improve drastically just from removing the hideous designs they have on the back. Their current shirts for AJ Styles and Samoa Joe look pretty good though. Best shirt I remember having is a Steve Austin one that I got from a department store children's section back when wrestling was popular enough for that to be a thing. Can't find a picture online but it was red and had the big Austin skull graphic on it.

Sadly(?) I'm one of those people who isn't secure enough about wrestling to wear wrestling shirts. Which is weird because I'm tremendously unfashionable, being unafraid to wear dozens of random baseball shir-seys and concert tees from obscure bands that people are sorry about inquiring into ("Uh, Gov't Mule is a Southern hard rock band led by W...where are you going?"). But I have thought about getting or making the "I BROKE WAHOO'S LEG" or "DAMN I AM GOOD" type of thing.

This is my favorite wrestling shirt I have by far, thought it doesn't fit quite like I like. It was what I had on at Mania XXX.

violent.jpg

This is my second favorite one. I wear it fairly regularly now.

ra,classic_tee,x3104,denim_heather,front

I don't really know about vintage shirts. Aside from prowrestlingtees.com I am not sure. I use redbubble sometimes. It is a site where designers upload their designs and they print shirts. Lots of people upload some unique wrestling designs. It isn't related to the wrestlers, so I don't buy from there as much.

Sadly(?) I'm one of those people who isn't secure enough about wrestling to wear wrestling shirts. Which is weird because I'm tremendously unfashionable, being unafraid to wear dozens of random baseball shir-seys and concert tees from obscure bands that people are sorry about inquiring into ("Uh, Gov't Mule is a Southern hard rock band led by W...where are you going?"). But I have thought about getting or making the "I BROKE WAHOO'S LEG" or "DAMN I AM GOOD" type of thing.

I kind of am still too, but I am getting out of it. Check out redbubble. They have a lot of designs that are more subtle. I had a William Regal shirt for a bit from there that just had brass knuckles and said "Villian" on it. I think they also have a "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" and a "Dusty Sucks Eggs" shirt. I think I might have to get the latter soon.

I've got quite a lot of wrestling shirts, though you'd really have to be into the Brit indys to know that my "Henchmen Gym" and "Big Griz" shirts related to wrestlers. I think it helps that people are getting a bit more tasteful in their designs - Chris Brookes is a guy who has really nice looking shirts, the kind I'd buy even if I wasn't a fan as they look so good.

WWE wise, I've not got as much. A Brie Mode shirt and a Nunzio shirt that I bought for £5

I have the "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" T-shirt that Greg Valentine used to wear in Mid-Atlantic. Man, I get some strange looks when I wear it in public.

I was wearing it during a family trip to the zoo last month and a guy in his 60's stopped me all excited to tell me he remembered what that was all about. I think 99% of the weird looks are from people who don't get the reference and just think it's a weird statement to have on a T-shirt.

I once wore an "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" t-shirt to the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival, and I had people asking me about "the band on your shirt" all weekend long.

I once wore an "I Broke Wahoo's Leg" t-shirt to the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival, and I had people asking me about "the band on your shirt" all weekend long.

LOL. I wonder how people would react if you wore it to a Cleveland Indians game.