Pro Wrestling Only

Current Lucha Talk

Grimmas

Virus is facing Metalico in a hair match tonight with the added stipulation that the loser must retire. That's one hell of a stip to announce out of the blue.

In other news, Wagner has gotten hair extensions to prepare for his match with Blue Demon Jr. at Triplemania. I guess that pretty much gives away the result.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm way behind on my AAA watch, and today is Lucha Brothers vs Young Bucks return match apparently, but the "big" news coming off yesterday's show was Scarlett being groped by a fan at ringside. Saw the GIF, WTF was that guy thinking ? If there was ever a time to get some douchebag fan backstage... Does he know who is Scarlett's boyfriend ? Probably not...

Lucha Bros won the titles back in a great match. Fans didn't seem to know/care about the Bucks at first (I did see one guy in a Young Bucks shirt when they brawled in the crowd),  but they got 100% into it by the end with the finish getting a monster pop. Money was even thrown in after the match.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:31 AM, sek69 said:

Lucha Bros won the titles back in a great match. Fans didn't seem to know/care about the Bucks at first (I did see one guy in a Young Bucks shirt when they brawled in the crowd),  but they got 100% into it by the end with the finish getting a monster pop. Money was even thrown in after the match.

Yeah, terrific match. Can't wait for the next one with Omega & Laredo Kid thrown in, should be a blast. The crowd was going insane at the end, which is always really cool to witness. 

On 6/17/2019 at 3:38 AM, sek69 said:

Also my goodness does Dr. Wagner's "I'm growing my hair out for the big hair vs mask match" hairstyle look ridiculous.

Yeah, but at least he's got an interesting look again. The main event kinda sucked though, as always. I don't think I've seen Psycho Clown involved in a really good match in a long time. He was more fun when he was doing crazy garbage brawls. Wonder how they'll be able to make Wagner vs Demon fun, because the matches leading up to it mostly suck. Taurus needs to show up in AEW too, this guy is too good to be ignored.

The card had a lot to enjoy though, with the usual AAA insanity. It was easier to watch the Aerostar stuff now that he's apparently "ok", but them showing the fall over and over again was... yikes.

Second favourite match to me was Taya & Laredo Kid vs Daga & Tessa. Funny how Daga did nothing for me in either LU or MLW, but in his element in AAA he's quite terrific. Tessa & Taya working inverted dynamic with iMPACT is fun, it's like old territory stuff. Love the AAA intergender approach. Speaking of which, Los Mercenarios have become a hundred times better after La Mascara left and La Hiedra took his place. Enjoyed their match quite a bit, including the ridiculous comedy by La Parka. Another highlight of the show to me, Scarlett Bordeaux doing a Canadian Destroyer in high heels. I'll miss her in iMPACT. Gotta have that Killer Kross vs King Puma brawl one of these days.

The Demon-Wagner match is interesting. Normally Demon's at that level of "never losing the mask ever" status right below Santo, but there's been squabbles with the family enough where there's always that 1% chance he finally said fuck it and cashed out. Then again, you can tell from the mask-ripping spots that he's been doing that Demon is another Blue Panther where he'd look 100x older without the mask.

You'd also think you want to save something like Wagner's first hair loss for someone on the come-up who can benefit from it, but that's sensible booking and you can't expect that from AAA very often. 

On 6/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, conker8 said:

Virus vs. Metallico was the MOTN. Live, I bought on every nearfalls. The crowd was hot.

La Amapola vs. Kobayashi is also worth watching.

Yep. And this show was just awesome for the atmosphere. The main event was probably the worst match of all, because Mascara 2000 is old as fuck, but still fun thanks to the super hot crowd and Ultimo Guerrero being his great self.

Soberano Jr & Flyer & Audaz vs Hechicero & Templario & Kawato from last week had an insane dive sequence in the third fall. Terrific match. The main event however, was very lacking. Angel de Oro & Niebla Roja are always hit & miss to me and Bestia del Ring is an interesting case of reverse nepotism, and he's not good (ok, he pretty much sucked in this one). 

Also, did I catch that Liger would appear in Arena Mexico at some point ? That would make sense and would be pretty awesome.

Thanks. Nice matchmaking too, Casas being the mexican Liger (I remember watching them against each other in the 90's on Eurosport, good times) , Ultimo Guerrero vs Liger sounds awesome for the characters only and Caristico will provide the great flying.

AAA announced the full card for Triplemania:

Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Blue Demon Jr. (hair vs mask)

Lucha Bros and Laredo Kid vs Young Bucks and Kenny Omega

Psycho Clown, Cody Rhodes, and Cain Velasquez vs El Texano Jr, Taurus, and a mystery guy who's probably going end up being Killer Kross

Keyra vs Lady Shani vs Taya vs Tessa Blanchard vs Faby Apache vs Chik Tormenta vs La Hiedra (TLC match for AAA women's title)

Copa Triplemania Battle Royal

Hijo del Vikingo, Mysteziz Jr, and Golden Magic vs Mocho Cota Jr, Tito Santana (not that one), and Carta Brava Jr vs Maximo, Mamba, and Pimpenela Escarleta

Nino Hamburguesa and Big Mami vs Sammy Guevara and Scarlett Bordeaux vs Lady Maravilla and Villano III Jr vs Australian Suicide and Vanilla (AAA mixed tag title)

Gotta love that, apart from the main event, they're nothing remotely closing or even involving feuds of storylines that were built in the last few months. Kinda fun to see that basically, AAA is working with both AEW and iMPACT at the same time. Come on, let's lend Kross to AEW like MLW does with MJF and Havoc, and recruit Scarlett already. 

The women's TLC match should be entertaining if only because of some really good workers on a car crash format. 

I don't know shit nor care one bit about MMA, so I have no idea who Cain Velasquez is.

The AEW vs AAA six-men rematch should be terrific again and easily steal the show.

How many interference in the main event ? 

Cain Velasquez was a big staple of the UFC Heavyweight division during his prime. I believe he defeated Brock Lesnar to take his UFC Heavyweight title. I knew that he had interest in pro wrestling, given that he worked out at the WWE PC but I was very surprised to hear he'd debut in AAA.

Cain has been a regular guest on Telemundo, Televiso Deportes and Univision. I don't know AAA's television deal situation but that's where my mind jumped He's not shy about promoting his Mexican heritage, either. So I guess patriotism and a helluva lot of money makes some decisions easier.

7 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Is it true that he's teaming up with Cody in his debut match?

Well AAA is kind of famous for announcing cards full of matches that don't end up actually happening, but as of now that's the plan.

It looked like the plan originally was going to be Cain vs Psycho Clown way back when it was first considered, but fortunately AAA seemed to realize that Cain would be super over in Mexico and it would be stupid to turn Psycho heel for this.