Pro Wrestling Only

Current Lucha Talk

Grimmas

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If somebody in charge actually cared It would be so easy to fix what's wrong with CMLL. If they stopped booking 5 trios matches every show and mixed in some singles and tags, the wrestlers would make more because there would be few workers to pay. And if they allowed everybody to take high paying outside bookings, people wouldn't be leaving. Instead the only top guy allowed to take outside bookings is Ultimo Guererro it seems.  

Yeah, it's not like CMLL has some insurmountable problems that need fixed. Literally all it takes to turn things around there is for someone in charge to give the slightest of shits about putting on an entertaining card. 

Hell, they could just not go out of their way to fuck with people's money in a part of the world still taking a beating from covid and it would improve things there. Instead you have real estate millionaires acting like it will break the bank to pay non poverty wages.

Lucha payoffs pretty much work like they did in the old days, a percentage of the house based on your position on the card. Plus hair/mask match losers tend to get a bigger than normal payoff as well. 

Also a lot of lucha shows tend to be sponsored so some of what people get come from that.

CMLL's problem is that they were running empty arena shows so folks were probably getting paid next to nothing, which wouldn't be a deal breaker in lucha except they won't let anyone take outside bookings and expect them to be happy with the crumbs. Also people politically connected like UG get taken care of which only further inflames feelings 

Both Cassandro (earlier this week) and Rush (last night) are in hospital - Rush having been admitted into emergency surgery. Not much is known at the moment but the family will hold a press conference Thursday. I hope this is nothing because I was looking forward to the real Ingobernables again.

Rush has had a bad knee for a while, but him suddenly needing to get surgery right now (when he dropped the title in a way that  made it clear he could have won, and would have been expected to put over the new champ since his contract is up at the end of the year) is a move that somewhere has HBK doing a slow clap.  Now can be healed up just in time for his deal to end and bring the OG Ingobernables to AEW. He just "that doesn't work for me, brother"d his way out of ROH. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, joeg said:

I'm super hyped for the upcoming Triplemania show, absolutely stacked card.

Hell yeah! The Mega Championship match, Lucha Bros vs FTR. LA PARK~!,  plus the usual AAA random insanity, sign me the hell up. Most hyped I've been for a non AEW show probably since the wheels fell off New Japan. 

So the last guy is Bandido. Which is great.

Jay Lethal and Bobby Fish though (and don't get me wrong, I have loved every minute of Bobby Fish in AEW), not exactly a fitting replacement for Omega. I understand not wanting to send Danielson for a multi-men match that he ain't gonna win, but there's still a hug drop-off in name value here.

Triplemania will be in Fite TV for the first time too.

Yeah it looks like Konnan just asked TK to send who he could and then realized he should probably add a Mexican guy in there too. I'm guessing the  point of all this is to do a match for Vikingo to show out so they can have the money match when Omega heals up, so it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things who else was in there. 

He also wanted Junior Dos Santos to appear to do an angle with Cain to play off their MMA feud, but JDS is training for a boxing match and the timing didn't work out.

Fite also has gone from only showing the top 4 matches to 6,  so it's going to be an even better value for $20. 

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

Fite also has gone from only showing the top 4 matches to 6,  so it's going to be an even better value for $20. 

Meanwhile on the same day, NWA is selling their PPV at $25. Feel the hype about NWA champ Trevor Murdoch vs Mike Knox and Nick Aldis vs Tom Latimer ?

Wonder who will be the TBA tagging with Laredo Kid vs Dralistico & Dragon Lee...