Pro Wrestling Only

CWA Championship Wrestling (Memphis)

GeneJackson95

CWA is fast becoming my favorite read. I love the Lawler/Rich feud and I can't wait to read your every week so I know which way to play it with my show.

Idol vs Flair

Briscos vs VonErichs or Fab Ones

Dundee vs HTM

Humongous/Bruise Brothers/Women/Blassie

Just love everything about it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. I enjoy your USWA a lot as well and I'm having a blast with the back and forth of Lawler and Rich....I've been in Nashville since Thursday and just had a chance to get on here this afternoon. Will catch up on reading everyone's shows and post the rest of my week's shows in the coming days.

CWA Championship Wrestling

Fairgrounds

Nashville, TN

May 19, 1984

Bell time- 8pm

Tiger Conway Jr. pinned Mr. Hito w/Tojo Yamamoto after a running kneelift in 7:32

Humongous w/"Fallen Angel" Woman defeated Tommy Gilbert with a cobra clutch in 3:10

Ox Baker/Boris Zhukov beat "Big" Lou Winston/Jerry Bryant in 8:01 when Baker hit Bryant with a heart punch

"Dirty" Dutch Mantel pinned Carl Fergie (subbing for Lance Brisco) in 4:29 with a short arm clothesline

NWA SOUTHERN TITLE MATCH

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol defeated Thunderbolt Patterson with the 'Las Vegas Leglock' (figure four) in 12:28

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Six Man Grudge Match

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) & "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant defeated The Bruise Brothers (Troy Graham/Porkchop Cash) & TV Champion The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King in 17:45 when Valiant put Cash out with a sleeper hold

MAIN EVENT

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee in 39:13 with a small package

Mid South Coliseum

Memphis, TN

May 21, 1984

Bell time- 7:30pm

Ox Baker pinned Gypsy Joe in 6:32 after the heart punch

Tiger Conway Jr. went to a 10 minute time limit draw with Boris Zhukov

New Generation (Mark Batten/Johnny Wilhoitt) defeated Mr. Hito/Ninja Warrior w/Tojo Yamamoto in 11:04 when Batten pinned Hito with a sunset flip from the top rope

TV-5 Television Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King in 9:10 with a small package….before the pinfall happened Troy Graham ran down to ringside and snatched the TV camera away from the camera man and ran back up the aisle with it

NO COUNTOUT

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) defeated The Bruise Brothers (Troy Graham/Porkchop Cash) with Sonny King by DQ in 17:39 when King ran in and hit Lane with the briefcase

Jerry Lawler came to ringside with his face still bandaged as Humongous and Woman were inside the ring. He said even though he would love to get in the ring and fight Humongous himself, he's not medically cleared to do so, but as promised he has someone that just might be a bigger monster than Humongous….He said he found this guy while he was out in Texas…..So without further ado coming down the aisle….Humongous' mystery opponent……LEATHERFACE!!! Leatherface comes down the aisle with the chainsaw going and Woman is beside herself.

Leatherface.jpg

Humongous and Leatherface fought to a NO CONTEST in 8:51 when they fought their way down the aisle and were both counted out

NWA Southern Tag Team Title Match

The Fabulous Brisco Brothers (Jack/Jerry) w/Freddie Blassie & Lance Brisco defeated Kerry/Kevin Von Erich w/Mike Von Erich in 22:43 when Jerry Brisco pinned Kevin after hitting him with Blassie's cane while referee Jerry Calhoun was distracted by Lance and Mike fighting on the ring apron.

INTERMISSION

NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair pinned NWA Southern Champion Austin Idol w/Freddie Blassie with a school boy roll up in 39:55 when Idol was distracted by Jerry Lawler coming to ringside and throwing a fireball in the face of Freddie Blassie….afterwards the Briscos came out and helped Blassie back to the dressing room.

CWA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Evansville Coliseum

Evansville, IN.

May 23, 1984

Bell time 7:30pm

Thunderbolt Patterson pinned Tojo Yamamoto in 6:38 following a headbutt

The Honky Tonk Man and Col. Sonny King came down to the ring and demanded that Bill Dundee return the Television title belt because per Jerry Jarrett's own words, there is NO FOOTAGE of the ending of Monday Night's match in Memphis which means it was essentially a non-title match…..Dundee came to ringside wearing the belt and said he is the champion regardless because he PINNED the Honky Tonk Man in Memphis. Randy Hales came out and said that Jerry Jarrett is not here to make a ruling but if these guys wanna have a match for the title….there's a camera present….so let's go, right here….right now.

TV-5 TV TITLE MATCH

The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee in 9:45 with King holding down Dundee's leg with referee Jerry Calhoun not seeing it. HTM and King run up the aisle with the championship belt while Dundee berates Calhoun for not seeing the interference.

Humongous w/"Fallen Angel" Woman defeated "Fabulous One" Stan Lane in 7:10 when Lane grabbed a chair in frustration and hit Humongous across the back with it, as he went to hit him a 2nd time, Woman jumped in front of him…..Lane threw down the chair and Humongous attacked him and locked in the Cobra Clutch til Keirn came out with a chair and hit Hugo across the back four times before he released the hold…then turned his attention to Keirn as the dressing room emptied to restore order

"Dirty" Dutch Mantel pinned Lance Brisco in :39 with a school boy roll up…..As the bell ring, Lance Brisco came out and asked this match and the Southern Tag Title match please be rescheduled because the Brisco family is far too distraught to wrestle after tragedy struck this Monday in Memphis when "that coward Jerry Lawler tried to murder the great Fred Blassie." Dutch replied, "Your right, you've been through a lot….I'll make this quick" and caught him with a school boy roll up…..the crowd went nuts.

The Bruise Brothers (Porkchop Cash/Troy Graham) w/Sonny King defeated "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant/Bugsy McGraw when Graham pinned Bugsy with his feet on the ropes in 12:44

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA SOUTHERN TITLE MATCH

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol pinned "Fabulous One" Steve Keirn in 16:18 after hitting him with chain behind the back of referee Paul Morton who was distracted by Humongous and Woman coming down to ringside

MAIN EVENT

NWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE

Bruiser Brody/Stan Hansen defeated The Fabulous Brisco Brothers (Jack/Jerry) in 28:54 to win the titles when Hansen pinned Jerry Brisco following a lariat clothesline

Louisville Gardens

Louisville, KY

May 25, 1984

Bell time- 8pm

Tiger Conway Jr. pinned Boris Zhukov with a sunset flip in 5:32

Lance Brisco came out to the ring and demanded that Randy Hales come out to the ring. Brisco told Hales that Jack and Jerry Brisco could not be in Louisville tonight for their Southern Tag Team title rematch due to the fact they had to fly out to California to be with Freddie Blassie as he is having plastic surgery to repair the damage from Jerry Lawler's fireball to his face. They did however demand that Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody come out and surrender the belts to himself so he could return them to their rightful owners….The Fabulous Brisco Brothers. Hales asked Brody and Hansen to come out to the ring…which they did carrying the tag team title belts. Hansen informed Lance that they weren't going to hand over the titles belts but they did have something he could take back to Jack and Jerry….at that precise moment Brody hit Lance with a boot to the face that laid him out and he rolled out to the floor.

Hansen said since it sounded like those 'yellow bellied Briscos' were a no show, they didn't come all the way to Kentucky for nothing, so they are issuing an open challenge to any team who want a shot at the belts……('Everybody wants you' plays which brings out Stan Lane and Steve Keirn….The Fabulous Ones) Steve Keirn informed Randy Hales that they would like to accept the challenge….Hansen nodded in agreement and Hales announces the match will take place in tonight's main event.

Ox Baker defeated Tommy Gilbert after a heart punch in 3:11

The New Generation (Johnny Wilhoitt/Mark Batten) beat The Bruise Brothers (Troy Graham/Porkchop Cash) when Batten pinned Cash after a dropkick off the top rope in 13:54

Humongous w/"The Fallen Angel" Woman defeated Bugsy McGraw by submission in 7:35

TV-5 Television Title

Bill "Superstar" Dundee pinned The Honky Tonk Man in 8:19 with a small package…..moments before the ending happened a fan ran over and threw their jacket over the one TV camera that was on hand….the "fan" turned out to be Sonny King who had been hiding in the crowd all night with a trucker hat pulled down low on his face…..Dundee left with the belt while HTM argued with referee Jerry Calhoun that this was a non-title match due to the ending not being filmed

INTERMISSION

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol pinned "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant in 15:39 with a handful of tights

MAIN EVENT

NWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLES

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) defeated Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody in 29:44 to win the titles when Lane pinned Hansen after Lance Brisco came to ringside and hit Hansen with a chair to the head while referee Paul Morton was trying to get Keirn and Brody out of the ring during a wild 4 way melee……Lance Brisco ran away as soon as the three count came down…..Lane looked confused as to what happened as he and Keirn celebrated with the titles…..Brody grabbed the mic and declared…."BRISCO, YOUR GONNA DIE BOY!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...

WMC TV-5 Studios

Memphis, TN

May 26, 1984

Airing live on TV-5 from 11am cst-12:30pm cst

(Airing on tape on various stations in MS, TN, ARK, KY, and IN.)

Memphis14863.jpg

(A video montage airs showing Lawler introducing Leatherface as the opponent of Humongous and then the end of the NWA World Title match where Jerry Lawler came to ringside and threw a fireball in the face of Freddie Blassie causing a distraction that allowed champion Ric Flair to pin Austin Idol and retain the World Championship)

Memphis111862.jpg

Lance: "Hello everybody and welcome to another big day of Championship Wrestling!"

Dave: "A bit of an abbreviated show this week as we'll only be 60 minutes due to an NBC Sports presentation coming up at noon."

Lance: "That's true, so we're gonna get right into it here Davey. We've been sent a video from none other than the USWA World Heavyweight Champion Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich, let's take a look at that right now."

(VTR- Tommy Rich is holding the USWA title belt)

0%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Rich: "You know I'm about sick and tired of Jerry Lawler going on TV-5 week in and week out accusing me of putting on a mask and interfering in his matches and throwing fireballs. I haven't been to Memphis in quite some time and if I did come to Memphis to attack Jerry Lawler or throw fire in his face I wouldn't put a mask on to do it. So I tell ya what Lawler, enough is enough….I'm throwing down the challenge right now…I know you have a big cage match this week with Austin Idol but NEXT WEEK…win, lose, or draw……I want you in the ring….one on one and I'm gonna shut your big mouth once and for all!"
(END VTR)

(Jerry Lawler comes storming out to the desk)

Memphis1486104.jpg

King: "Lance, why would you air anything from that goofy redneck Tommy Rich…Let me tell you, I wish I could get him in the ring this week but I've already got a cage match signed with Austin Idol where I intend to regain my Southern Heavyweight title……but Rich, I'll be more than happy to face you next Monday night but I want that USWA title on the line so I can not only beat you….but also take your so-called World title and send you back to obscurity where you belong."

Lance: "Ok Jerry, We've got you scheduled to be out here later, right now we have a match to get to…."

King: "Yeah, but I'll be back out here later to talk about Austin Idol and how I barbequed Fred Blassie last Monday night."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #1-

Humongous w/"The Fallen Angel" Woman defeated Ken Raper in 2:10 with a Cobra Clutch

================================================================

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2-

Tiger Conway Jr. pinned Keith Eric in 4:54 after a powerslam

(Honky Tonk Man and Col. Sonny King come out to the desk)

Lance: "What are you guys doing out here right now?"

HTM: "I'm out here because I demand that midget Bill Dundee bring my tv title belt out here right now because he has NEVER defeated me in a title match!"

Lance: "Let's take a look at some recent action from some towns here in the CWA."

(A series of videos air)

Memphis:

TV-5 Television Title

"Superstar" Bill Dundee pinned The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King in 9:10 with a small package….before the pinfall happened Troy Graham ran down to ringside and snatched the TV camera away from the camera man and ran back up the aisle with it

Evansville:

TV-5 TV TITLE MATCH

The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee in 9:45 with King holding down Dundee's leg with referee Jerry Calhoun not seeing it. HTM and King run up the aisle with the championship belt while Dundee berates Calhoun for not seeing the interference.

Louisville:

TV-5 Television Title

Bill "Superstar" Dundee pinned The Honky Tonk Man in 8:19 with a small package…..moments before the ending happened a fan ran over and threw their jacket over the one TV camera that was on hand….the "fan" turned out to be Sonny King who had been hiding in the crowd all night with a trucker hat pulled down low on his face…..Dundee left with the belt while HTM argued with referee Jerry Calhoun that this was a non-title match due to the ending not being filmed

(END VTR)

HTM: "There you saw it Lance."

Lance: "We didn't see anything Honky, you covered up the camera!"

HTM: "Well regardless of how it happened from Jerry Jarrett's own mouth if the ending isn't shown on television…the title can't change hands so get my belt out here right now Dundee!"

(Jerry Jarrett comes out to the desk)

JJ: "I need Bill Dundee to come out here right now please."

(Dundee comes out with the Television title)

JJ: "Bill, I need you to hand over that title belt."

Dundee: "Are you kidding me Jerry?? Why?"

JJ: (Jarrett grabs the belt) "Listen Bill, Let me explain.."
(HTM interjects)

HTM: "Good call Jarrett, I'm glad you are gonna do the right thing and give me back MY title belt."

JJ: "No, I'm not giving you back the title."

Dundee: "That's right, so give ME back MY title."

JJ: "No, that's not happening either. Here's what's happening. The title is being held up. This belt is going to be put at the top of a pole…..who ever climbs up and retrieves it is the champion…..ALSO…there will be 3 television cameras in the building…2 at ringside and 1 at an undisclosed location so the ending WILL be filmed and WILL be televised. Now if you will excuse me…I'm a busy man and I have a show to produce."

Lance: "Well, on the bright side neither of you guys have to defend the belt on television this morning. Now, let's go to the ring and see the King in action."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #3-

Jerry 'the King' Lawler pinned The Executioner after a fist drop from the 2nd rope in 5:44

As referee Jerry Calhoun raises the hand of Lawler, the masked man hits the ring and attacks Lawler, he is quickly joined by Austin Idol who no one knew was in the studio this morning as this is the first time he's appeared live in the studio in weeks. They beat down Lawler until Leatherface comes through the curtain with the chainsaw in tow causing the ring to quickly clear out.

===========================================================

COMMERCIALS

Lance: We are getting ready to go to the ring for today's main event featuring Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody live here in the studio….but let's take a look at the action for this Monday night at the coliseum as well other action around the area."

Mid South Coliseum

Memphis, TN.

Monday May 28, 1984

RAGE IN THE CAGE '84

Tiger Conway Jr.

VS.

Gypsy Joe

TV TITLE ON A POLE MATCH

3 Television Cameras will be present

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

VS.

The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Bugsy McGraw/"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant

VS.

The Bruise Brothers (Porkchop Cash Jr./Troy Graham)

w/Sonny King

RETURN GRUDGE MATCH

Leatherface

VS.

Humongous w/"The Fallen Angel" Woman

REMATCH

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) ©

VS.

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH

The Von Erichs (Kevin/Kerry/Mike)

VS.

The Fabulous Briscos (Jack/Jerry/Lance)

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

"Universal Heartthrob"
Austin Idol ©

VS.

Jerry 'the King' Lawler

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday May 30th

Evansville Coliseum

Evansville, IN.

On the card:

NWA World Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Jerry Lawler, The Fabulous Ones, and more!!

Friday June 1st

Oman Arena

Jackson, TN.

On the card:

Humongous, Leatherface, The Bruise Brothers, Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, "Superstar" Billy Graham, and more!!

TONIGHT!!

Nashville Fairgrounds

Nashville, TN.

On the card:

Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Honky Tonk Man, Jimmy Valiant, Austin Idol, Jerry Lawler, and more!!

====================================================

(Lance Brisco comes out looking somber wearing a suit)

Brisco: "Lance Russell, this has been the worst week of the Brisco Family's lives. We've been robbed of our Southern Tag Team titles and no one seems to care. Our manager the great Fred Blassie (bows his head) may not make it after that heinous, brutal, and senseless attack by Jerry Lawler. He's been in San Francisco, California all week being worked on by plastic surgeons and they say his charming movie star good looks may be gone forever...(turns and looks away from the camera as if he's choked up and can't speak.) Then you have these damn Von Erichs that we have to face this week.....They will feel the wrath of the Briscos! This will not stand....we will not accept this treatment from these vile hooligans...The Brisco Family will stand tall when all is said and done...and everyone who has wronged us....will pay!!" (turns and leaves before Lance can respond)

=====================================================

Match #4-

MAIN EVENT

Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Batten/Johnny Wilhoitt when Hansen pinned Willhoitt following a lariat in 9:21

Lance: "Be there Monday night for 'RAGE IN THE CAGE', we've gotta get out of here….for Dave Brown, I'm Lance Russell saying 'so long everybody'!"

========================================

WMC TV-5 Studios

Memphis, TN

May 26, 1984

Airing live on TV-5 from 11am cst-12:30pm cst

(Airing on tape on various stations in MS, TN, ARK, KY, and IN.)

Memphis14863.jpg

(A video montage airs showing Lawler introducing Leatherface as the opponent of Humongous and then the end of the NWA World Title match where Jerry Lawler came to ringside and threw a fireball in the face of Freddie Blassie causing a distraction that allowed champion Ric Flair to pin Austin Idol and retain the World Championship)

Memphis111862.jpg

Lance: "Hello everybody and welcome to another big day of Championship Wrestling!"

Dave: "A bit of an abbreviated show this week as we'll only be 60 minutes due to an NBC Sports presentation coming up at noon."

Lance: "That's true, so we're gonna get right into it here Davey. We've been sent a video from none other than the USWA World Heavyweight Champion Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich, let's take a look at that right now."

(VTR- Tommy Rich is holding the USWA title belt)

0%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Rich: "You know I'm about sick and tired of Jerry Lawler going on TV-5 week in and week out accusing me of putting on a mask and interfering in his matches and throwing fireballs. I haven't been to Memphis in quite some time and if I did come to Memphis to attack Jerry Lawler or throw fire in his face I wouldn't put a mask on to do it. So I tell ya what Lawler, enough is enough….I'm throwing down the challenge right now…I know you have a big cage match this week with Austin Idol but NEXT WEEK…win, lose, or draw……I want you in the ring….one on one and I'm gonna shut your big mouth once and for all!"
(END VTR)

(Jerry Lawler comes storming out to the desk)

Memphis1486104.jpg

King: "Lance, why would you air anything from that goofy redneck Tommy Rich…Let me tell you, I wish I could get him in the ring this week but I've already got a cage match signed with Austin Idol where I intend to regain my Southern Heavyweight title……but Rich, I'll be more than happy to face you next Monday night but I want that USWA title on the line so I can not only beat you….but also take your so-called World title and send you back to obscurity where you belong."

Lance: "Ok Jerry, We've got you scheduled to be out here later, right now we have a match to get to…."

King: "Yeah, but I'll be back out here later to talk about Austin Idol and how I barbequed Fred Blassie last Monday night."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #1-

Humongous w/"The Fallen Angel" Woman defeated Ken Raper in 2:10 with a Cobra Clutch

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2-

Tiger Conway Jr. pinned Keith Eric in 4:54 after a powerslam

(Honky Tonk Man and Col. Sonny King come out to the desk)

Lance: "What are you guys doing out here right now?"

HTM: "I'm out here because I demand that midget Bill Dundee bring my tv title belt out here right now because he has NEVER defeated me in a title match!"

Lance: "Let's take a look at some recent action from some towns here in the CWA."

(A series of videos air)

Memphis:

TV-5 Television Title

Evansville:

TV-5 TV TITLE MATCH

Louisville:

TV-5 Television Title

(END VTR)

HTM: "There you saw it Lance."

Lance: "We didn't see anything Honky, you covered up the camera!"

HTM: "Well regardless of how it happened from Jerry Jarrett's own mouth if the ending isn't shown on television…the title can't change hands so get my belt out here right now Dundee!"

(Jerry Jarrett comes out to the desk)

JJ: "I need Bill Dundee to come out here right now please."

(Dundee comes out with the Television title)

JJ: "Bill, I need you to hand over that title belt."

Dundee: "Are you kidding me Jerry?? Why?"

JJ: (Jarrett grabs the belt) "Listen Bill, Let me explain.."
(HTM interjects)

HTM: "Good call Jarrett, I'm glad you are gonna do the right thing and give me back MY title belt."

JJ: "No, I'm not giving you back the title."

Dundee: "That's right, so give ME back MY title."

JJ: "No, that's not happening either. Here's what's happening. The title is being held up. This belt is going to be put at the top of a pole…..who ever climbs up and retrieves it is the champion…..ALSO…there will be 3 television cameras in the building…2 at ringside and 1 at an undisclosed location so the ending WILL be filmed and WILL be televised. Now if you will excuse me…I'm a busy man and I have a show to produce."

Lance: "Well, on the bright side neither of you guys have to defend the belt on television this morning. Now, let's go to the ring and see the King in action."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #3-

Jerry 'the King' Lawler pinned The Executioner after a fist drop from the 2nd rope in 5:44

As referee Jerry Calhoun raises the hand of Lawler, the masked man hits the ring and attacks Lawler, he is quickly joined by Austin Idol who no one knew was in the studio this morning as this is the first time he's appeared live in the studio in weeks. They beat down Lawler until Leatherface comes through the curtain with the chainsaw in tow causing the ring to quickly clear out.

COMMERCIALS

Lance: We are getting ready to go to the ring for today's main event featuring Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody live here in the studio….but let's take a look at the action for this Monday night at the coliseum as well other action around the area."

Mid South Coliseum

Memphis, TN.

Monday May 28, 1984

RAGE IN THE CAGE '84

Tiger Conway Jr.

VS.

Gypsy Joe

TV TITLE ON A POLE MATCH

3 Television Cameras will be present

"Superstar" Bill Dundee

VS.

The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King

TAG TEAM CHALLENGE MATCH

Bugsy McGraw/"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant

VS.

The Bruise Brothers (Porkchop Cash Jr./Troy Graham)

w/Sonny King

RETURN GRUDGE MATCH

Leatherface

VS.

Humongous w/"The Fallen Angel" Woman

REMATCH

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) ©

VS.

Bruiser Brody & Stan Hansen

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH

The Von Erichs (Kevin/Kerry/Mike)

VS.

The Fabulous Briscos (Jack/Jerry/Lance)

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

"Universal Heartthrob"
Austin Idol ©

VS.

Jerry 'the King' Lawler

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday May 30th

Evansville Coliseum

Evansville, IN.

On the card:

NWA World Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Jerry Lawler, The Fabulous Ones, and more!!

Friday June 1st

Oman Arena

Jackson, TN.

On the card:

Humongous, Leatherface, The Bruise Brothers, Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, "Superstar" Billy Graham, and more!!

TONIGHT!!

Nashville Fairgrounds

Nashville, TN.

On the card:

Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Honky Tonk Man, Jimmy Valiant, Austin Idol, Jerry Lawler, and more!!

====================================================

(Lance Brisco comes out looking somber wearing a suit)

Brisco: "Lance Russell, this has been the worst week of the Brisco Family's lives. We've been robbed of our Southern Tag Team titles and no one seems to care. Our manager the great Fred Blassie (bows his head) may not make it after that heinous, brutal, and senseless attack by Jerry Lawler. He's been in San Francisco, California all week being worked on by plastic surgeons and they say his charming movie star good looks may be gone forever...(turns and looks away from the camera as if he's choked up and can't speak.) Then you have these damn Von Erichs that we have to face this week.....They will feel the wrath of the Briscos! This will not stand....we will not accept this treatment from these vile hooligans...The Brisco Family will stand tall when all is said and done...and everyone who has wronged us....will pay!!" (turns and leaves before Lance can respond)

=====================================================

Match #4-

MAIN EVENT

Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Batten/Johnny Wilhoitt when Hansen pinned Willhoitt following a lariat in 9:21

Lance: "Be there Monday night for 'RAGE IN THE CAGE', we've gotta get out of here….for Dave Brown, I'm Lance Russell saying 'so long everybody'!"

========================================

Fairgrounds

Nashville, TN.

May 26, 1984

Bell time- 8pm

BEATDOWN AT THE FAIRGROUNDS

Ox Baker beat 'Big' Lou Winston in 3:22 with a heart punch

"Handsome" Jimmy Valiant defeated Troy Graham w/Sonny in 9:17 with a sleeperhold

Porkchop Cash w/Sonny King pinned Bugsy McGraw with his feet on the rope in 7:38

Lance Brisco pinned Thunderbolt Patterson with a handful of tights in 6:01

The Invaders (1 & 2) defeated New Generation (Mark Batten/Johnny Wilhoitt) in 10:32 when Invader 2 pinned Batten after a splash off the top rope

Semi-Main Event

"Superstar" Bill Dundee/Dutch Mantel defeated Gypsy Joe/The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King in 14:51 when Dundee pinned Joe after HTM and King walked out and left to fight alone

MAIN EVENT

8 Man Tag Team Match

Jerry 'the King' Lawler/The Fabulous Ones/Leatherface defeated Austin Idol/Stan Hansen/Bruiser Brody/Humongous w/Woman in 29:19 when Lawler pinned Idol after a fist drop from the 2nd rope

RAGE IN THE CAGE '84

Mid South Coliseum
Memphis, TN.

Monday May 28, 1984

Bell time- 7pm

Tiger Conway Jr. pinned Gypsy Joe in 3:14

TV TITLE ON A POLE MATCH for the TV TITLE with 3 Television Cameras at ringside

The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King defeated "Superstar" Bill Dundee in 14:47 when "Superstar" Billy Graham attacked Bill Dundee at ringside allowing HTM to climb the pole and retrieve the title belt

The Bruise Brothers (Porkchop Cash/Troy Graham) w/Sonny King defeated "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant/Bugsy McGraw in 17:39 when Graham pinned McGraw after hitting him with the suitcase behind referee Jerry Calhoun's back who was distracted by Sonny King

Humongous w/"Fallen Angel" Woman fought Leatherface to another NO CONTEST when both men were counted out fighting on the floor in 7:52

NWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Bruiser Brody/Stan Hansen defeated The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) to regain the Southern Tag Team titles in 19:38 when Brody pinned Keirn after a running a kneedrop

INTERMISSION

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH

The Von Erichs (Kevin/Kerry/Mike) defeated The Fabulous Brisco Brothers (Jack/Jerry) & Lance Brisco in 24:59 when Kerry pinned Lance with the clawhold

MAIN EVENT
STEEL CAGE MATCH

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol w/Lucious Johnny V defeated Jerry 'the King' Lawler when the masked man came up the ring mat to attack Lawler and help spike piledrive him allowing Idol to get the pin….Idol and the masked man beat down Lawler…..the masked man teased taking off the mask but left without revealing his identity.

GOLD RUSH '84 (TRIPLE MAIN EVENT)

Evansville Coliseum

Evansville, IN.

Wednesday May 30, 1984

Belltime- 7pm

Thunderbolt Patterson pinned Tojo Yamamoto in 7:17 with a small package

The Invaders (#1/#2) defeated the Memphis Vice (Jerry Bryant/Big Lou Winston) when Invader #1 pinned Bryant in 9:20 with a flying crossbody

SIX MAN GRUDGE MATCH

The Bruise Brothers/TV Champion The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King defeated New Generation/"Superstar" Bill Dundee when HTM pinned Batten with his feet on the ropes in 15:19

Leatherface beat Humongous w/Woman by DQ in 8:34 when Woman came in and hit Leatherface across the back with a whip, Leatherface grabbed up Woman but was cut off by Humongous, they fought their way up the aisle afterwards

MAIN EVENT #1

Jerry 'the King' Lawler beat "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol by DQ when the masked man hit the ring and attacked Lawler in 19:21

MAIN EVENT #2

NWA SOUTHERN TAG TEAM TITLE

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) defeated Bruiser Brody/Stan Hansen in 23:11 when Steve Keirn pinned Stan Hansen after Brody accidently kicked Hansen in the face

MAIN EVENT #3

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair pinned Dutch Mantel in 28:49 with a small package

WMC TV-5 Studios

Memphis, TN.

June 2, 1984

Airing Live 11am cst- 12:30pm cst

(IN THE NAME OF GETTING CAUGHT UP THIS WEEK'S TV WILL BE A RECAP)

BRIEF TELEVISION RECAP FROM THE DIRT SHEETS

A highlight video was shown of Randy "Macho Man" Savage from Mid Atlantic Wrestling

A promo from Tommy Rich aired where he promised to come to Memphis this week to teach Lawler a lesson and leave with the USWA World Title around his waist…and prove once and for all he's not the guy in the mask as Lawler has accused him of…..

Highlights of Hillbilly Jim/Plowboy Frazier wrestling for the WWF was shown

The Bruise Brothers won a tv match over the Memphis Vice

Lawler promised that he was gonna gain revenge on Tommy Rich and take his USWA World Title

Southern Tag Team Champions The Fabulous Ones said they are ready to get revenge on The Brisco Brothers this Monday night at the Coliseum

Highlights of Mil Mascaras competing around the world are shown as he will be challenging Austin Idol for the Southern title this Monday night……

Leatherface destroyed Ken Raper in a studio match

"Superstar" Billy Graham debuted live in studio w/Sonny King and promised to run Bill Dundee out of town and show everyone he is the ONLY SUPERSTAR in pro wrestling!

Honky Tonk Man defended the TV title against Spike Huber and came out victorious

TV MAIN EVENT

Dutch Mantel pinned Boris Zhukov with a short arm clothesline

Mid South Coliseum

Memphis, TN.

Monday June 4, 1984

Randy "Macho Man" Savage pinned Tommy Gilbert after a flying elbow off the top rope in 5:42

TV-5 Television Title

The Honky Tonk Man pinned Dutch Mantel with a handful of tights in 8:30

Hillbilly Jim/Plowboy Frazier beat The Bruise Brothers (Troy Graham/Porkchop Cash) w/Sonny King when Frazier pinned Cash after a splash

GRUDGE MATCH

'Battle of the Superstars'

"Superstar" Billy Graham w/Sonny King defeated "Superstar" Bill Dundee in 9:19 by count out when King hit Dundee with a coke bottle and shattered it over his head….Dundee left bloodied

Leatherface vs. Humongous ended in a 'No Contest' in 6:53 when "The Fallen Angel" Woman came into the ring and put a chain around both of their necks and dragged them up the aisle together…..

NWA Southern Tag Team Titles

THE LONG AWAITED SHOWDOWN

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane/Steve Keirn) fought to a 30 minute time limit draw with The Fabulous Brisco Brothers (Jack/Jerry) w/Lance Brisco

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Southern Heavyweight Title

"Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol defeated Mil Mascaras in 16:41 after hitting him with a chain when The "Fallen Angel" Woman came out and distracted referee Paul Morton

MAIN EVENT

USWA World Title

No DQ, No Time Limit

Jerry 'the King' Lawler pinned Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich in 22:10 after a piledriver……As Lawler was celebrating his title victory the masked man hit the ring and attacked Lawler…..Rich made it back to his feet and stood face to face with the masked man that Lawler has claimed to be him for weeks…..the masked man attacks Rich and tosses him over the top rope…..the masked man grabs the USWA World Title belt and holds it high over his head….he then removes the mask to reveal…….RANDY 'MACHO MAN' SAVAGE!!! He tosses the belt back on top of Lawler and leaves the ring.

Evansville Coliseum

Evansville, IN

Wednesday June 6, 1984

Ninja Warrior w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated David Haskins in 7:21 with the Oriental Spike

Tiger Conway Jr/Thunderbolt Patterson beat Boris Zhukov/Ox Baker when Conway pinned Boris in 9:49 with a small package

TV Champion The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King pinned Spike Huber with the Shake, Rattle, & Roll in 6:27

Jimmy Valiant/Bugsy McGraw went to a 15 minute time limit draw with the Invaders

Grudge Match

'Battle of the Superstars'

"Superstar" Bill Dundee beat "Superstar" Billy Graham w/Sonny King by count out in 12:34 when Graham simply walked out on the match

Semi-Main Event

Southern Tag Team Champions The Fabulous Ones/Dutch Mantel defeated Jack/Jerry/Lance Brisco in 18:10 when Lane pinned Lance Brisco after a savate kick

MAIN EVENT

USWA World Title

Jerry "The King" Lawler pinned Southern Champion Austin Idol w/Woman after a fist drop from the 2nd rope in 22:01

Afterwards Humongous/Leatherface hit the ring TOGETHER…and attacked Lawler leading to a three on one beat down til the Fabs & Mantel ran in for the save.

West Point High School

West Point, MS.

Friday June 8, 1984

(Fundraiser)

Bell time- 8pm

Spike Huber pinned Mr. Hito in 6:12 with a sunset flip

The Memphis Vice (Jerry Bryant/Big Lou Winston) beat Ninja Warrior/Tojo Yamamoto in 14:30 when Winston pinned Tojo after a powerslam

Ox Baker pinned Tommy Gilbert after a heart punch in 8:29

New Generation (Batten/Willhoit) defeated The Bruise Brothers (Cash/Graham) in 13:49 when Batten pinned Cash with a crossbody off the top rope

Semi-Main Event

Southern Heavyweight Title

Austin Idol pinned "Superstar" Bill Dundee with his feet on the ropes in 17:51

MAIN EVENT

"Superstar" Bill Dundee won a 14 Man $10,000 Battle Royal last eliminating Troy Graham

================================================================================

Sports Arena

Jonesboro, Arkansas

Friday June 8, 1984

Bell time- 8pm

Television Champion The Honky Tonk Man w/Col. Sonny King defeated Terry Daniels after the Shake, Rattle, & Roll in 6:32

Dutch Mantel pinned Boris Zhukov in 8:11 with a school boy roll up

Lance Brisco defeated Tiger Conway Jr in 7:29 after hitting him with a foreign object

Humongous/Leatherface defeated David Haskins/Ken Raper/Carl Fergie in a handicap match in 4:03

Invader #1 pinned Bob Bradley in 6:55 with a crucifix roll up

Semi-Main Event

The Fabulous Brisco Brothers (Jack/Jerry) defeated Jimmy Valiant/Bugsy McGraw when Jack pinned McGraw with a bridging german suplex in 18:34

MAIN EVENT

USWA WORLD TITLE

Jerry 'the King' Lawler pinned "Superstar" Billy Graham in 27:32 with a backslide