Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
GOTNW

Dick Togo is coming out of retirement (officially?)

The shot in the arm that Japan badly needs right now. Togo-Akiyama is the dream match, but Togo's shown he can have MOTYCs with any given indie scrub, so he doesn't even need elite opponents to make a big impact. Great news, IMO.

I don't know what I'd rather see, Dick Togo in Japan facing all the top guys and having great matches or him touring South America motorcycle diaries style while facing random local guys and giving them the best match they will ever have.

In a potential sign that I am now booking American indie cards in my sleep or under hypnosis, Togo has been announced to work EVOLVE 71 in Melrose, Massachusetts in December. The email on it proclaims him "unretired", and I almost can't think of a more amazing addition to their roster if he's coming in (or to other North American promotions) with any regularity. Between this and the next ROH card in Lowell getting Dragon Lee-Kamataichi, the former-factory industrious-turned-meth-addicted towns of greater Boston have become a hotbed of Japanese wrestling. The dream of Segunda Caida is alive and well in Kerouac Country.

In a potential sign that I am now booking American indie cards in my sleep or under hypnosis, Togo has been announced to work EVOLVE 71 in Melrose, Massachusetts in December. The email on it proclaims him "unretired", and I almost can't think of a more amazing addition to their roster if he's coming in (or to other North American promotions) with any regularity. Between this and the next ROH card in Lowell getting Dragon Lee-Kamataichi, the former-factory industrious-turned-meth-addicted towns of greater Boston have become a hotbed of Japanese wrestling. The dream of Segunda Caida is alive and well in Kerouac Country.

Dick Togo is a potential gamechanger for WrestleMania weekend.

Dick Togo is a potential gamechanger for WrestleMania weekend.

Hope Beyond books him in a comedy tag with Joey Ryan and Kimber Lee

Bailey/Togo-Endo/Sasaki is one of the best matches of the year, and I love how even MORE "TV title division" Dick is as a face, like Larry Z in '94 where him being a cheating bastard just makes him even more lovable.