6/8/84

Binghamton, NY - Broome County Arena

Brad Rhenigans defeated Krusher Kruschev

The Barbarian & The Viking w/ Lord Alfred Hayes defeated The Invaders

Jim Duggan vs Roddy Piper went to a double DQ

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Missing Link w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage w/ Miss Elizabeth & Ted Dibiase went to a 30-minute draw

Since I am essentially running the same shows on each tour over three days. I thought this format would work out well to just put the results and what towns they ran in. Hopefully this is better than posting the same results every day.

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby The Brain Heenan in studio

Matches from Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Arena

Gorilla Monsoon: Welcome everyone to WWF Wrestling Challenge. Fans it is great to be back here with the World Wrestling Federation and what a great show we have lined up for you this evening… wait just a minute…

{We then hear some rumblings on set as we see King Kong Bundy walk in and behind him is Bobby the Brain Heenan}

Gorilla Monsoon: Heenan? What are you doing here with this guy?

Bobby Heenan: With this guy? This is King Kong Bundy Gorilla breath. I brought him here for back up, just in case you get mouthy!

Gorilla: Please!

Heenan: No you listen up Monsoon. I am getting paid some pretty serious money to be here with you right now and bringing the action to these fans. You get out of hand and Bundy will put you in your place.

Gorilla: I don’t believe it. Perhaps I will get my own back up at some point if I need it. Now take a seat and let’s get started…

Heenan: You don’t tell me what to do… I will tell you… now we have got a lot of action here tonight…

Gorilla: I already said that…

Heenan: Well how am I supposed to know?

Gorilla: Pay attention! Alright fans… it is time to head to the ring for our first contest featuring one of the most controversial superstars in wrestling right now… I am sure you love this guy… Gino Hernandez!

Gino Hernandez defeated Barry Horowitz

-Simple showcase for Gino. Gorilla and Bobby put over how he has been challenging Ricky Steamboat for the Intercontinental Championship and they will do battle tonight in the Meadowlands for the title. Gino finishes things up with a nasty piledriver and then a falling back elbow from the middle rope for the 1….2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

­-Challenge returns with Gorilla and Bobby continuing to put over Gino Hernandez as one of the top stars in the sport. They talk about him and Ricky Steamboat doing battle all over the WWF. They turn their attention to tag team wrestling and put over the monstrous Russians. They talk about Ivan Koloff as a former WWF champion and his nephew Nikita Koloff who is one of the most powerful men in wrestling. They talk about Krusher Kruschev who Gorilla Monsoon calls a turncoat but Heenan says he’s smart. We go to the ring for action with Kruschev.

Krusher Kruschev defeated SD Jones

-Showcase for Krusher who has got Ivan and Nikita with him at ringside. Gorilla and Bobby really put him over as a serious challenger and talk about Williams and Rotundo who have got an issue with the Russians. They wonder who will survive World War 3 with these guys? Krushev defeats Jones with a nasty shoulder breaker for the 1…2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Challenge returns with Heenan and Monsoon putting over the big night in the Meadowlands and talk about the tag team battle royal. They say there will be 7 teams with 14 men in the ring. The last two teams remaining will face each other later on in the evening. Gorilla talks about Uncle Elmer and Hillbilly Jim as Heenan puts them down and says Bundy could take the two of them. Gorilla asks where John Studd is? Heenan says he has some things going on but when he comes back, he is going to put the Hillbillies in their place once and for all. We head to the ring for tag team action with two of the bright young stars in the WWF, Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart!

Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart vs Los Conquistadors

-Bret and Jim aren’t quite the Hart Foundation yet but they look pretty decent here tonight. They show some great team work tonight and Gorilla and Bobby say they have some good skills but Heenan says they don’t have the brains to compete. We see a a diving shoulder block from the Anvil for the 1…2…3 for Bret & Jim as they continue to work the crowd.

*COMMERCIAL*

Event Center: WWF on Tour East Rutherford, NJ – The Meadowlands

Vince McMahon is in the event center running down a big card in the Meadowlands tonight. He puts over the Tag Team Championship and the Intercontinental Championship contests. We then hear from Rick Rude and Brutus Beefcake who will be in action…

Rick Rude: Brutus Beefcake… everyone knows I have got the sexiest body in wrestling. Just ask all the beautiful ladies out there. You wanna call yourself a Beefcake… well I think you are more like Beef Stew!

Bobby Heenan: That’s right Rick… listen there Beefcake… you may like to come out and strut around but it is going to be a Rude Awakening for you tonight when Rick Rude gets done with you!

Brutus Beefcake: Well I guess we got a pair of comedians… is it Dean and Jerry or Loral and Hardy? Maybe it is Mickey and Minnie but I couldn’t tell the difference. Rick Rude, tonight in the Meadowlands, you are going to see why I am not afraid of a man so vein as you!

Vince McMahon then puts over the WWF World Heavyweight Championship as says there is a committee right now meeting to decided how the title will be awarded. Some have talked about a 4 week tournament throughout the country in Los Angeles, New York, Toronto, and Houston. McMahon says there will be an update on the situation in the coming weeks. He talks about two big competitors who will be challenging for the title though, Randy Savage and Ted Dibiase. They will do battle in the Meadowlands tonight…

Ted Dibiase: Everyone knows that my last match in the WWF was one of the most embarrassing of my career. I was sent home and had to find a way back, well Savage, I DID and I am HERE! Now, when it comes to the WWF World Title, everyone knows that the title is as good as mine but it is only a matter of time! First I am going to put you down for good and then I am going to make room around my waist for what should and WILL be mine!

Randy Savage: We wanna talk about history huh? We wanna talk about the past. Well Ted Dibiase, everyone knows my last challenge was for the Intercontinental Championship but my eyes have become bigger and brother that world title would be something nice. Huh Elizabeth? Huh… it would be GREAT to go around my waist. Now Dibiase tonight in the Meadowlands we are going to do battle and OHHH YEAAAHHH I am going to get my hands on you and show the world why I am the right choice for a title shot!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Challenge returns with Bobby and Gorilla putting over the Meadowlands tonight and MSG tomorrow night. They talk about this storyline with Lord Alfred Hayes putting American down and Sgt. Slaughter taking exception. They talk about Hayes looking for new talent tomorrow on Superstars and they will have him finding the Missing Link! Right now we have action with The Barbarian as we head to the ring.

The Barbarian w/ Lord Alfred Hayes defeated Omar Atlas

Gorilla and Bobby really put over this angle with Alfred Hayes turning his back on Sgt. Slaughter. Barbarian looks good here and he is a monster and strikes fear into the eyes of the fans. He works the crowd before hitting a big Shoulder Breaker for the 1…2…3! He works the fans as Gorilla and Bobby sign off putting over the Meadowlands and Superstars tomorrow!

WWF on Tour

6/9/84

East Rutherford, NJ – The Meadowlands

TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

Ivan & Nikita Koloff vs Hillbilly Jim & Uncle Elmer was decided when the two teams were the last remaining in a tag team battle royal also featuring Bob Orton Jr & Dick Slater, The Barbarian & The Missing Link, The Invaders, Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo, and Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell

Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Brutus Beefcake

Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan via Count Out!

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Ricky Steamboat defeated Gino Hernandez via DQ when Killer Khan interfered

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Ivan & Nikita Koloff defeated Hillbilly Jim & Uncle Elmer to become the NEW WWF Tag Team Champions!

MAIN EVENT

Ted Dibiase defeated Randy Savage w/ Miss Elizabeth when Roddy Piper hit Savage outside the ring

WWF on Tour

6/9/84

Englishtown, NJ – Manalapan High School

Ivan Putski defeated Hercules

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Steven Regal w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

250px-WWF_Superstars_Of_Wrestling.jpg

WWF Superstars

Vince McMahon & Jesse the Body Ventura

Matches from Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Arena

Vince: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Superstars of Wrestling! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse the Body Ventura and Jesse, it is great to be back here with the World Wrestling Federation and I know you’re happy about it!

Jesse: Let me tell you something McMahon, I an’t happy about nothing! Why did I get stuck with you in the booth? I should be doing this by myself!

Vince: Perhaps the powers that be know you are best served as a side dish than a main course…

Jesse: Perhaps the powers that be are a little long in the tongue huh McMahon?

Vince: That could very well be true. Fans here tonight we have got some great action including the rough neck team of Bob Orton Jr and Dick Slater along with the incomparable Hacksaw Jim Duggan!

Jesse: Well lemme tell you right now, we all saw what happened last night in the Meadowlands and if you ask me, Orton and Slater deserve a shot at the gold!

Vince: Yes we will talk about the tag title situation, especially as we head into Madison Square Garden this evening. Right now, let’s take it to the ring for our first contest featuring Brian Blair and Jim Nrunzell!

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated Johnny Rodz & Brady Boone

-A great showcase for Brunzell and Blair who are getting some great steam in the eyes of McMahon but Jesse says they don’t have what it takes to go against a team like Orton and Slater. We get a double dropkick from Blair and Brunzell on Rodz for the 1….2…3! McMahon coins the term Killer Bees here and Jesse says they don’t have much of a sting!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars returns with McMahon and Jesse putting over Lord Alfred Hayes and his quests to the deepest darkest parts of the world to find the best talent. They turn their attention to a great video piece of Lord Alfred being followed by a camera crew as he goes into dark caves and then we hear a sound and out of the darkness is none other than the Missing Link!

missing_link.jpg

-Lord Alfred puts a chain around his neck and walks him off and puts over how this is the man who is the most dangerous competitor and he will stop at nothing to do his bidding! We cut back to Jesse and McMahon who put the Link over in a big way as they talk about Sgt. Slaughter and his issues with Lord Alfred. Jesse says Hayes was right to leave him in the wind but McMahon says that Slaughter deserved better and he will look to get it tonight in MSG!

Sgt. Slaughter defeated Dominic DeNucci

­-Good showcase here for Slaughter who is very sound in the ring. He works over the arms and the neck before locking in the Cobra Clutch for the submission!! He looks into the camera and tells Alfred Hayes he is coming for him!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars is back with footage from last night’s MSG event as we see the finish of the World Tag Team Title match in which the Russians defeated Uncle Elmer and Hillbilly Jim for the tag titles. Jesse says they won it fair and square but McMahon wonders if the Russian Chain hadn’t been used if we would have had the same outcome. They talk about tag team wrestling as we cut to our next contest with Dick Slater and Bob Orton Jr!

Bob Orton Jr & Dick Slater defeated The Invaders I & II

-Orton and Slater look like legit pros here right now as they beat the piss out of the Invaders. McMahon says that he would love to see Orton and Slater vs the Russians but Jesse says there is no one who can match the strength of Nikita Koloff anywhere in the world. We get a spike piledriver on Invader II for the 1….2…3 and that’s all she wrote.

*COMMERCIAL*

Event Center - New York City, NY – Madison Square Garden

Gino Hernandez: Tonight Ricky Steamboat the world is going to see the conclusion of what many have perceived as a one sided battle. Tonight I am going to put you down once and for all with the Intercontinental Title on the line. You won’t have the time limit to save you tonight jack and everyone knows that Gino can go all night long!

Ricky Steamboat: No time limit. There must be a winner! Tonight in Madison Square Garden, I am coming for the title that was taken from me. Gino Hernandez, you pride yourself on your arrogance and cocky attitude while I am a man who works hard and fights for everything I have got! You will feel the fire of the Dragon inside of me as I get my hands on the Intercontinental Title tonight!

Ted Dibiase: Haha… Randy Savage, you thought I was coming along didn’t you? HAHA! Let me bring in my close, personal, long time friend, Rowdy Roddy Piper! You see something Savage, everyone knows your reputation. Everyone knows you are a crazy man and well you may be Savage this man is Rowdy!

Roddy Piper: How’s it feel there Mr. Savage huh? How’s it feel to get a taste of your own medicine?!?! You been ducking me for years pal well the wait is over. Tonight in Madison Square Garden they be getting two for the price of one because you get Ted and I get you!

Randy Savage: You wanna stack the deck against the Macho Man? You wanna bring out everyone you got!?! Ted Dibiase… you are nothing put a piece of trash in the Macho Man’s eyes and Roddy Piper, you are nothing but a snake, ohhh yeah a snake in the grass and it is time for the Macho Man to do some cutting! I am going to be in Madison Square Garden tonight and I am going to be ready. Ohh yeah… I am going to be ready for the fight of a lifetime and brother… brother… brother… I don’t care if it is one of you, two of you, three of you, or a HUNDRED! The Macho Man is going to reign supreme… OHHH YEAH!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Vince and Jesse are back as they put over the action going down tonight in MSG! They talk about Hernandez vs Steamboat, Savage vs Dibiase, and then a big showdown with Hacksaw Duggan vs King Kong Bundy all lined up for the Garden this evening. They put over the Heenan Family and how it continues to grow and tonight he reveals the Mighty Hercules and he is going to face Hacksaw Jim Duggan here tonight!

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

-A great main event for Superstars tonight as Duggan has got the crowd solidly behind him with some USA chants. He isn’t full on yet but the 2x4 is there and Jesse says it is an illegal weapon that should be outlawed! Heenan has got Hercules jacked to the gills and he looks like a monster. He works over Duggan big time throughout the contest and gets some great heat, especially with Heenan getting shots in here and there. Before too long Duggan has had enough as he gets clotheslined outside the ring and then gets the boots put too him as the referee calls for the bell and awards him the match via DQ when Heenan starts to pile in the kicks. Heenan and Hercules then jump in the ring and celebrate until Duggan gets the 2x4 and chases them off. Vince and Jesse put it over and sign off putting over tonight’s action in MSG!

WWF on Tour

6/10/84

New York City, NY – Madison Square Garden

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated Dominic DeNucci & Johnny Rodz

Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo defeated Bob Orton Jr. & Dick Slater

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Ivan & Nikita Koloff defeated Uncle Elmer & Hillbilly Jim when Krusher Kruschev interfered

Sgt. Slaughter & Ivan Putski defeated The Barbarian & The Missing Link w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

Gino Hernandez defeated Ricky Steamboat to become the NEW Intercontinental Champion

Hacksaw Duggan defeated King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan via Count Out

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage w/ Miss Elizabeth defeated Ted Dibiase when Roddy Piper hit Dibiase on accident!

Great job getting this all set up. Love your roster and your wording from the announcers is right on. I will say that I was not excited when you told me about moving to WWF just because I was always anti WWF even though I am from NY and I grew up on it. I just like the southern Wrastling scene better than the WWF but I must say that you are doing such GREAT JOB with it so far it brings back such memories that I am excited to read my WWF.

I live in White Plains and loved the card being there and remember going to the County Center to see Andre vs Sgt. Slaughter and reading your promotion is like I was 10 years old and it is cool. I also commend you on getting the WWF roster in place. You made a lot of moves to get it pretty accurate. Keep it up!

WWF on Tour

6/13/84

Niagara Falls, NY - Convention Center

6/14/84

Troy, NY - RPI Fieldhouse

6/15/84

Erie, PA - Civic Center

Dick Slater & Bob Orton Jr defeated Jim Brunzell & Brian Blair

Ivan Putski defeated Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

Ivan & Nikita Koloff defeated Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo

Hillbilly Jim & Uncle Elmer defeated King Kong Bundy & Bobby Heenan

MAIN EVENT
Ricky The Dragon Steamboat defeated Killer Khan via DQ

WWF on Tour

6/13/84

Scranton, PA – CYC

6/14/84

Johnstown, PA - Cambria County War Memorial

6/15/84

Concord, NH - Douglas Everitt Center

Jim Neidhart & Bret Hart defeated The Barbarian & The Viking w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

Steve Regal w/ Lord Alfred Hayes defeated Davey Boy Smith

Sgt. Slaughter defeated The Missing Link w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

Gino Hernandez © defeated Tony Atlas

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage w/ Miss Elizabeth & Jim Duggan defeated Ted Dibiase & Roddy Piper

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from Hamburg, PA – The Fieldhouse

Gorilla: Welcome everyone to Wrestling Challenge. I am Gorilla Monsoon and fans we have got a great bit of action for you today. Brain, you look awfully happy today…

Heenan: Well Monsoon, I have got something BIG planned for tonight in Boston!

Gorilla: Oh yeah? What’s that?

Heenan: Oh, I can’t let the cat out of the bag yet, c’mon Monsoon…

Gorilla: Oh please! Fans we will be live in the Boston Garden tonight fans and we’ve got a huge card lined up for the fans including a big one, 2 out of 3 falls, WWF Tag Team Titles on the line, Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo taking on the Russians.

Heenan: Two out of three falls is dangerous Monsoon. Anything can happen in that style of match. You look at the competitors involved and if you ask me, Rotundo and Williams are going to get what is coming to them.

Gorilla: We saw the Russians win the titles last week against Uncle Elmer and Hillybilly Jim…

Heenan: HAHA… wait till you hear what I have got in store for those guys…

Gorilla: Yeah, I am waiting… let’s see Rotundo and Williams in action right now.

Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams defeated Los Conquistadors

-A great showcase for Rotundo and Williams. Gorilla and Heenan call them the All-Americans and they are showing off why here tonight. It is a sick German Suplex/Clothesline combo that spells the end here. How will they fair tonight against the Russians?

*COMMERCIAL*

-Gorilla and Heenan are back and they continue to put over the show tonight in Boston. They have turned their attention to this story with Lord Alfred Hayes and Sgt. Slaughter. They talk about how Sarge and Hayes used to go way back but Hayes has since turned his back on Sarge to get talent from around the world to dominate the sport of Wrestling. We then cut to a vignette of Lord Alfred “finding” the Barbarian and the Viking (John Nord) tearing things up in a junkyard. They are using axes and flipping tires. Barb and the Viking both have some war paint on and have a certain ‘resemblance’ to some others but we won’t go there. We then cut back to the ring for more action…

The Missing Link w/ Lord Alfred Hayes defeated Barry Horowitz

-Gorilla and Heenan continue to put over Link and Hayes’ army. With Link, Barbarian, and the Viking, it is coming together. Link tears Horowitz apart and finishes with a middle rope diving headbutt for the 1…2…3!!

*COMMERCIAL*

EVENT CENTER - Boston, MA – Boston Garden

-Vince McMahon is in the event center putting over all the action going down tonight in the Boston Garden. He talks about the special challenge contest between Ricky the Dragon Steamboat and Killer Khan. He talks about the World Tag Team Championship 2/3 Falls contest with the All-Americans taking on the Russians. He then highlights a special contest with Roddy Piper taking on Hacksaw Duggan and then the Intercontinental Championship contest with Gino Hernandez taking on Tony Atlas!

Roddy Piper: Ohh well here we go… Boston Garden… Hacksaw Duggan. You wanna come out here and stand up for Randy Savage and Elizabeth huh? You wanna be the man… BEHIND the man… BEHIND the woman! Haha… let me tell you something Duggan… you cross-eyed fool you don’t even have a chance tonight pal. I have been rockin and rolling all the way through 1984 and tonight is going to be no different! Tonight you are going PAY THE PIPER!

Hacksaw Duggan: HOOOO! Roddy Piper… you want to send out challenges to Randy Savage… you and Ted Dibiase are nothing but SCUM! I have been talking to Savage and we both know you two are the lowest forms of life there is! Now tonight is going to be one battle in a war that is far from over tough guy but you better know the only one who is going to have to pay tonight is YOU!

Gino Hernandez: This right here in the Intercontinental Championship. Everyone said I couldn’t do it but here I am. Ricky Steamboat… ha… line up pal. Randy Savage… ha… line up pal. This right here is the cream of the crop in the WWF. I am the women’s dream and the man’s nightmare jack. To the eye of the beholder I am the man who has the plan for 1984 and this is the main piece of the puzzle. Tonight I am going to put it all together and Tony Atlas, just like all those before you, you will go down the hard way and there is just nothing you can do about it!

Tony Atlas: They call me Mr. USA Tony Atlas and brother I have got the country on my back… and may I saw this is the biggest back in the world. Gino Hernandez you pride yourself on being pretty, ha, there an’t anything as pretty as me. Tonight I am going to add a little gold around my waist.

-Vince then returns from the event center to announce that the WWF World Heavyweight Championship will be decided in a 16-man, 3-week tournament starting on July 21st in Toronto and concluding on August 5th in Madison Square Garden. Tomorrow four of the participants will be revealed on Superstars!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Gorilla and Heenan return and they put over the event tonight in Boston and then the World Title tournament. Heenan says he is going to make sure his family is involved and Gorilla says there may not be enough room for his guys. Heenan knows what titles are all about and puts over how he has got a team to go for those titles. Heenan announces that Big John Studd is going to be returning tomorrow night and they are going to put an end to the Hillbillies! Gorilla puts over Studd and says he is coming back strong but questions his allegiance with Heenan. Gorilla puts over the announcement and then the tag team of Slater and Orton who are making waves… let’s see them in action…

Dick Slater & Bob Orton Jr defeated SD Jones & Omar Atlas

-Slater and Orton are two of the absolute best in the business right now in terms of a tag team. Orton is really hitting a prime stretch while Slater continues to improve. We get a spike piledriver for the 1…2…3! These two are looking great and could be in line for a shot given the right opportunity.

*COMMERCIAL*

-Challenge returns with Heenan and Monsoon continuing to talk about Big John Studd and his arrival. Heenan says he is going to do whatever it takes to put Bundy and Studd in the tournament and will break any rule he needs to make sure one of them walks out with the gold… Gorilla doesn’t disagree. They talk about Gino Hernandez and his winning of the IC title last week. Bobby says he would love for Gino to join the family but he understands that he is a man on his own. Gorilla says that may be the only wise thing he does! They put over Tony Atlas and his return to the WWF tonight to take on Hernandez as we head to the ring.

Gino Hernandez defeated Brian Blair

-A nice little showing of Gino Hernandez who is a newcomer to the area but really making some noise. He is gloating beyond all sense of reality and putting over his IC Title. Gorilla and Bobby really put him through the roof and wonder if he will get a shot at the World Title and Heenan thinks he could walk away with both titles if he wanted. Gino hits a nice piledriver and then a falling back elbow drop for the 1…2…3! He works the crowd and Heenan and Gorilla put over the big night in Boston from the Garden this evening!

WWF on Tour

6/16/84

Boston, MA – Boston Garden

Roddy Piper defeated Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Uncle Elmer & Hillbilly Jim

2/3 FALLS

Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo defeat Ivan & Nikita Koloff but the deciding fall was a DQ so no title change!

Gino Hernandez © defeated Tony Atlas- Hernandez appeared to use some kind of foreign object to knock Atlas out

MAIN EVENT

Randy Savage w/ Miss Elizabeth defeated Ted Dibiase

Howell, NJ – High School

Jim Neidhart & Bret Hart defeated The Barbarian & The Viking w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

Steve Regal w/ Lord Alfred Hayes defeated Davey Boy Smith

Ivan Putski defeated Hercules

Sgt. Slaughter defeated The Missing Link w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

Finally get to catch up on some WWF action here. I really enjoy the formats, love the Challenge/Superstars shows. Definately a throwback to my childhood. Love the commentary teams. The event center is really fun too.

The house show loops are great. Love the use of all the big venues for each weekend of loops.

The roster is great, the shows are fun. ALWAYS an enjoyable read, looking forward to this huge 16-man tournament coming up.

WWF Superstars

Matches from Hamburg, PA – The Fieldhouse

Vince McMahon: Welcome everyone to Superstars of Wrestling! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse the Body Venutra and Jesse, we have got a great night of action as we prepare to head to Hollywood tonight for live WWF action!

Jesse: That’s where I belong McMahon… Hollywood!

Vince: Well we won’t be going to THAT Hollywood, tonight we go to Hollywood Florida and what a night it will be! How about Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Randy Savage taking on Roddy Piper and Ted Dibiase?

Jesse: I don’t think Savage can trust Duggan… he can’t even see straight!

Vince: I don’t think that is going to be a problem. On our broadcast we will also head the first four names revealed for the World Title Tournament!

Jesse: As much as I tried, they wouldn’t let me in McMahon. They said I would be a shoe in to win it all!

Vince: That could very well be true Jesse. We saw two titles won last week, the Tag Team Titles going to the Russians, Ivan and Nikita and then Gino Hernandez winning the Intercontinental Championship!

Jesse: Ahh yes. Champions you can be proud of McMahon!

Vince: Is that so? Well there are some who aren’t proud of them and that includes the team of Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith! Let’s go to the ring and see them in action!

Bret Hart & Davey Boy Smith defeated The Invaders

-A far cry from the Bulldogs but Davey Boy and Bret definitely have got something going in their favor. They work well together here tonight as McMahon and Jesse put over how Bret has been looking for a tag team partner and Davey might fit the bill. Vince talks about Jim Neidhart being a good choices for him as well. Bret and Davey do work here tonight and hit Invader #1 with a nice double dropkick for the 1…2…3! Could Davey Boy be the man to join Bret or will he look elsewhere?

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars returns with Vince and Jesse putting over the big show in Hollywood Florida tonight. They talk about the world tag team champion Russians who did not beat Steve Williams and Mike Rotundo last night but did retain the titles due to the final fall in the 2/3 falls match being a DQ. They put over how the Russians are going to be taking on all comers and will surely see Williams and Rotundo again. They are in action tonight as we head to the ring.

The Russians defeated Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell

-Ivan and Nikita look great here tonight and Nikita is coming along, slowly. He simply comes in for power and show while Uncle Ivan does a majority of the work. Brunzell and Blair have been doing good as of late but nothing doing here tonight as Nikita hits a Russian Sickle on Brunzell almost taking his head off for the 1….2….3! Vince and Jesse wonder if anyone can beat Nikita one on one…

*COMMERCIAL*

­-Superstars is back with Vince and Jesse talking about physiques of wrestlers and they put over Tony Atlas and how great he looks. Vince puts over how he has challenged Gino Hernandez and could take that IC title any night he gets the chance. Jesse says he has a million dollar body but a 10-cent brain if he thinks he will get that IC title from Hernandez. Vince says Jesse is dreaming as we head to the ring.

Tony Atlas defeated Dominic DeNucci

-Tony Atlas looks incredible tonight and Vince is putting him through the roof as a top contender for the world championship. He handles DeNucci well tonight and wears him down with a full nelson before turning it into a slam for the 1…2…3. He flexes for the crowd and gives them some love!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Vince and Jesse put over the World Title Tournament and say that on July 21st in Toronto, there will be four first round matches and then on July 22nd in Philadelphia the remaining four first round matches will be decided. The second round matches will take place on July 28th in Houston and July 29th in Los Angeles with the semi finals on Austin 4th in the Meadowlands and the final match-taking place on August the 5th from Madison Square Garden! They announce that Ted Dibiase, Randy Macho Man Savage, Hacksaw Duggan, and Rowdy Roddy Piper will all be involved in the tournament along with 12 other competitors to be named over the next couple of weeks. They turn their attention to Piper and Dibiase as we get our very first Piper’s Pit with Ted Dibiase here tonight!

PIPER’S PIT – SPECIAL GUEST – TED DIBIASE

Roddy: Welcome ladies and germs to the Piper’s Pit and lemme tell you I have got a very special guest here tonight. This is a man who prides himself on professionalism. This is a man who prides himself on being one of the best wrestlers in the world today. This is a man who has the means to do anything he wants… Ted Dibiase! Ted, I want to know what you think about being in the World Heavyweight Title tournament?

Ted: Well Roddy, I have been a champion before and trust me when I say that being the champion is why I am here!

Roddy: Now we have to contend with Randy Savage and Hacksaw Duggan… among others… what do you think about these guys?

Ted: I have been beating Randy Savage all over the Territory and if I get the chance to face him again, it will be one in the same. He is a man who hides behind a WOMAN! I am a man who shows his money to the world an man who shows his talent in the ring and a man who will stop at NOTHING to get what I want. Hacksaw Duggan… this guy is a buffoon. He runs around with a 2x4 and says it is a fair fight. I’d love to see what Duggan could do without the lumber… he isn’t the wisest upstairs.

Roddy: I have got to agree with you there. These two guys couldn’t screw in a light bulb if you ask me. I guess one last question I have got for you is if there is someone you are worried about facing?

Ted: Well Roddy, you are the only one I DON’T WANT TO FACE and I don’t know who else will be there… but know this… if it takes me getting what I want… well everyone has got a price and I will give up exactly what needs to be given up to get it. And Roddy… I am a VERY generous man!

Roddy: Well I have heard all I need to hear…Ted my man… best of luck to you!

-Piper and Dibiase shake hands and work the crowd to a chorus of Boos!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars is back with Vince and Jesse putting over the big night in Hollywood one more time. They talk about the feud with Heenan and the Hillbillies and put over Big John Studd coming back tonight. They put over our big main event though as we head to the ring.

MAIN EVENT

Hillbilly Jim w/ Uncle Elmer vs King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

-A great showcase contest here for Hillbilly Jim and Bundy who are bigger than life stars. Vince and Jesse put over their size and strength. Jesse really puts over Heenan and what he adds to the team and what he can be for Bundy, Rude, Hercules, and Studd. Inside the ring tonight, it is a fun little brawl with Hillbilly getting a nice pop as Bundy sells for him but then comes back with some big time power moves and backs Jim up in the corner. Bundy runs for the AVALANCHE but Jim moves and then comes with a big boot and Bundy goes through the ropes to the floor! Heenan is trying to help him up but Uncle Elmer comes over and backs him up and then SITS on Bundy’s chest! The referee is distracted with Heenan but continues to count to 10! Hillbilly with the victory via count out and the crowd pops! Hillbilly and Elmer dance around the middle of the ring while Heenan is irate. Is he going to get revenge tonight with Studd helping him? We will find out!

WWF on Tour

6/17/84

Hollywood, FL – The Sportatorium

Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Uncle Elmer & Hillbilly Jim

Ricky Steamboat defeated Killer Khan w/ Alfred Hayes via DQ

Mike Rotundo defeated Krusher Kruschev

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Ivan & Nikita Koloff © defeated Steve Williams & Brad Rhenigans

Tony Atlas defeated Gino Hernandez © via Count Out

MAIN EVENT

Hacksaw Duggan & Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth defeated Ted Dibiase & Roddy Piper

WWF on Tour

6/20/84

New Haven, CT – Coliseum

6/21/84

Hartford, CT - Civic Center

6/22/84

Baltimore, MD - Civic Center

Dick Slater & Bob Orton defeated Jim Brunzell & Brian Blair

Ivan Putski & Brutus Beefcake defeated Rick Rude & Hercules w/ Bobby Heenan

King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Uncle Elmer

ELIMINATION TAG

Steve Williams, Mike Rotundo, & Brad Rhenigans defeated The Russians (Ivan, Nikita, & Krusher)

MAIN EVENT

LUMBERJACK MATCH

Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Hillbilly Jim

WWF on Tour

6/20/84

Manchester, NH - JFK Coliseum

6/21/84

South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod Coliseum

6/22/84

Canton, MA - Metropolis Skating Rink

Bret Hart & Davey Boy Smith defeated The Barbarian & The Viking w/ Lord Alfred

William Regal w/ Lord Alfred defeated Jim Neidhart

Sgt. Slaughter defeated The Missing Link w/ Lord Alfred

Gino Hernandez © defeated Jim Duggan via Count Out

Tony Atlas defeated Roddy Piper via DQ

2/3 FALLS

Ted Dibiase defeated Randy Savage w/ Elizabeth

vzvxb4.png

WWF Wrestling Challenge

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Gorilla Monsoon: Welcome everyone to Wrestling Challenge, I am Gorilla Monsoon alongside Bobby the Brain Heenan. Brain, I suppose I know what that smile is for…

Bobby Heenan: HAHA… you don’t even know…

Gorilla: I suppose it has something to do with that bohemith… John Studd coming back huh?

Bobby: The Family is together and a family together can do a lot of good.

Gorilla: I don’t think I see it that way. Fans we have got a great card for you including action from Big John Studd along with Polish Power Ivan Putski…

Bobby: How about tag team action with the NEW Tag Team Champions, the Russians, Ivan and Nikita Koloff!

Gorilla: Plus we will see Mr. USA himself, Tony Atlas. Brain, we have got a big on in Toronto tonight with two WWF titles on the line and a big six-man main event!

Bobby: You can see the WWF is branching out all over North America.

Gorilla: We will have words from the participants in that encounter later on, right now let’s take it to the ring for our opening contest.

Ivan Putski defeated Johnny Rodz

-Polish Power looks good but old here on WC this week. Gorilla and Bobby put him over but Heenan says he is standing in the way of the Mighty Hercules. Gorilla says that next week right here on WC we will see that match up and see just how the Mighty Hercules stands up to Polish Power! We see a great double axe handle smash and then a bear hug slam for the 1…2….3! Putski works the crowd and Heenan says his days are numbered!

*COMMERCIAL*

-WC returns with Monsoon and Heenan throwing barbs back and forth about John Studd and Heenan saying that the real news is going to blow everyone’s socks off tomorrow on Superstars. Gorilla points out that Vince McMahon will be releasing four more of the names for WWF Heavyweight Championship tournament. Heenan says it is all over but the crying as we head to the ring for our next contest…

Big John Studd defeated Conquistador 1 & 2

-Big John looks like a monster here tonight. Heenan puts over how he is the one true Giant in professional wrestling and no one can hold a finger to him. Gorilla puts over Andre but Heenan points out how Andre is nowhere to be found and Studd is here waiting. We see the big man with a body slam on #1 and then he body slams #2 on top of him and covers for the 1…2….3! Studd looks dominant and Heenan says that he is going to take over the WWF with the Family and there is no stopping him.

*COMMERCIAL*

Event Center - Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Maple Leaf Gardens

-Vince McMahon is shown in the event center talking about the joint promotion tonight in Toronto with Lutte International. He puts over the big card…

The Rougeau Brothers vs The Russians ©

INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Tony Atlas vs Greg Valentine ©

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Rick Martel vs Gino Hernandez ©

MAIN EVENT

Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, & Hacksaw Duggan vs Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, & Killer Khan

-Vince continues to put over the event and we will hear from some of the Superstars right now…

Rick Martel: Tonight I get the CHANCE OF A LIFETIME! The Intercontinental Championship is one of the most prestigious titles in all of wrestling and I am going to look to bring it to Canada and show the world why Rick Martel is the best. Gino Hernandez, you have done a lot of things through this world but you have never beat me and after tonight, it will be no different!

Gino Hernandez: Rick Martel seems to have forgotten to look in the history books. My name is Gino Hernandez and I am the youngest SUPERSTAR that this sport has ever seen. I hit my prime early that all of these old timers and brother I have held titles all over the world. This Intercontinental Championship here is the signification that Gino Hernandez has arrived in the WWF. Rick Martel, I am going to defend this title all over the world and you are going to be one of many men who will fall at my hands!

Tony Atlas: They call me Mr. USA! Greg Valentine, you turncoat. You ran to Canada cuz you were scared of me. They don’t like you up there anymore than I do. You hold the International Championship. That is a title that is going to look good around my waist buddy and I am going to crush you to get it!

Roddy Piper: HAHA! You wanna see Roddy Piper go wild in Toronto tonight huh? You are talking six-man tag team action and I have got two of the best! Mr. Dibiase has told me he has spread the wealth around and myself and Killer Khan are going to do whatever it takes to put an end to Duggan, Savage, and that big dumb Giant. Andre, you show up there tonight buddy and you will fall and the earth is going to shake and rumble fella.

-Vince then puts over how we will hear four more names tomorrow for the World Heavyweight Title tournament!

*COMMERCIAL*

-WC returns with Heenan just all smiles as Monsoon puts over the World Title tournament and puts together than Bobby must have some guys involved. Heenan says all will be revealed tomorrow night. They put over Tony Atlas and the big night in Toronto this evening. Heenan says that Valentine is going to take care of Atlas with no questions asked. He wishes he could get him to join the Family but Monsoon says he knows better! We cut to the ring for action from Mr. USA Tony Atlas!

Mr. USA Tony Atlas defeated Victor Rivera

-Atlas looks JACKED tonight and he is bigger than ever. His arms are over 20 inches and he flexes them all over Victor Rivera. We see him work the back something awful and then finish him off with a big POWERSLAM for the 1…2…3!

*COMMERCIAL*

-WC comes back with Heenan and Monsoon once again putting over the big night in Toronto this evening. They put over the big WWF Tag Team Championship match with the Russians taking on the Rougeau Brothers. Heenan says the Russians are a powerful team but would love to see them up against Bundy and Studd. Gorilla says he would like to see the same thing! They cut to the ring for the tag team champions in action…

The Russians defeated SD Jones & Omar Atlas

-A Great showcase for the Russians, Ivan and Nikita Koloff. Ivan continues to do a majority of the work while Nikita comes in and just destroys Atlas and Jones. He is without a doubt one of the biggest monsters in the world of wrestling and he takes off Jones’ head with a Russian Sickle for the 1…2….3! Gorilla and Bobby put over the Russians and talk about the contenders. They wonder if they will be the champions when the night is over from Toronto! Tune in to Superstars tomorrow for four more names in the World Title Tournament!

WWF on Tour

6/23/84

Toronto, Ontario, Canada – Maple Leaf Gardens

Dino Bravo defeated Krusher Kruschev

NUMBER 1 CONTENDERS MATCH

The Caribbean Connection defeated Frenchy’s Legion

The Russians © defeated The Rougeau Brothers

INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Greg Valentine © defeated Tony Atlas

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Rick Martel defeated Gino Hernandez © to become the NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION!

MAIN EVENT

Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, & Hacksaw Duggan defeated Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, & Killer Khan via DQ

Brooklyn, NY – Youth Center

Davey Boy Smith vs William Regal w/ Lord Alfred went to a 15-minute draw

Jim Neidhart & Bret Hart defeated The Barbarian & The Viking w/ Lord Alfred

Sgt. Slaughter defeated the Missing Link w/ Lord Alfred

MAIN EVENT

TEAM BATTLE ROYAL

Hillbilly Jim, Uncle Elmer, Ivan Putski, & Brutus Beefcake defeated Rick Rude, Hercules, King Kong Bundy, & Big John Studd w/ Bobby Heenan

WWF Superstars

Matches from Allentown, PA – Agricultural Hall

Vince: Welcome everyone to WWF Superstars! I am Vince McMahon alongside Jesse the Body Ventura and Jesse we have got a loaded card here tonight coming off of what was a history making evening in Toronto last night!

Jesse: That’s right McMahon! Last night history was made and if you ask me, there was a travesty!

Vince: I am sure you are talking about the Intercontinental Championship…

Jesse: You’ve got that right McMahon! Gino Hernandez was screwed out of the title and I want full investigation!

Vince: We will look at that a little more in a while, but right now we have got Gino Hernandez is action… let’s go to the ring!

Gino Hernandez defeated Barry Horowitz

-Ventura is FIRED UP! He is putting Hernandez through the roof and says he is going to get the title back tonight in Philadelphia! McMahon is putting over Rick Martel in a big way and looks forward to the rematch tonight. Inside the ring now though, Hernandez looks great and takes care of Horowitz with no problems. We see a hotshot suplex for the 1…2…3! Ventura puts him through the roof and says it is only a matter of time before the gold is back around his waist!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars is back with McMahon and Ventura putting over last night’s action in Toronto. They talk about the big six-man main event with Andre the Giant, Randy Savage, & Hacksaw Duggan defeating Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, & Killer Khan! Ventura says he would love to step in the ring with that idiot Jim Duggan. They turn their attention to the feud with Lord Alfred Hayes and they put over the bright young competitor, Davey Boy Smith. Vince says he is a British Bulldog and Ventura say he has a bark but no bite!

Davey Boy Smith defeated Jose Louis Rivera

-Davey Boy looks good out here and he is built like a brick shit house. Ventura says he has the body and if he had the brain, he would join up with Lord Alfred Hayes and company. McMahon puts over Hayes and then William Regal. He wonders how well the young team would fair. Bulldog softens things up here and then finishes with a middle rope BULLDOG for the 1…2….3! McMahon puts him over and says he is someone to keep an eye on in the future!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars is back with McMahon and Ventura putting over the WWF Tag Team Championship. They talk about the Russians and their dominance. Ventura says that there is no one who can touch Nikita Koloff right now and would love to see him on his own. McMahon says he is good right now with his Uncle Ivan put he has challengers like two All-Americans, Mike Rotundo and Steve Williams in their way.

Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo defeated The Invaders

-Williams and Rotundo are really coming together. They look crisp in the ring and fluid as they work together with some nice transitions and tag team maneuvers. We see Williams hoist up Invader 1 as Rotundo runs with a dropkick and then Williams hits a German Suplex with a bridge for the 1…2…3! Williams and Rotundo work the crowd as McMahon says they are in a prime position for the tag titles.

*COMMERCIAL*

WWF Event Center - Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Spectrum

-Vince is in the event center hyping up the big night in Philly tonight and putting over the World Heavyweight Title Tournament. He announces the first four names, Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, Randy Savage, and Hacksaw Duggan. He goes on to add that Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, Dick Slater, & Cowboy Bob Orton have been added to the mix. There will be eight more men announced over the next two weeks. The tournament will kick off on July 21st in Toronto. Speaking of Toronto, Vince puts over the big IC title swap last night and then puts over the big rematch here tonight in Philly. He also puts over the big 2/3 falls tag team match with Ted Dibiase & Roddy Piper taking on Randy Savage & Hacksaw Duggan!

Rick Martel: This right here… this is what it is all about! The Intercontinental Championship! Gino Hernandez… you walked around like you were something special, well brother you WERE but now you are just a challenger! I am the champion! I told the world it would happen and here it is! Everyone knows that this is the hardest working title in the sport and I plan on defending it every chance I get. Tonight in Philadelphia, I am going to show everyone why I am the champion and remind you why I beat you for the title!

Gino Hernandez: Rick Martel, you should be arrested for theft! You stole my title last night! It makes me sick to my stomach that I had to come to Canada of all places and then I had to face you in your hometown… it made me sick. Someone must have poisoned my food cuz I wasn’t feeling good when the bell rang. You have someone set me up. It is a conspiracy! Tonight all the wrongs will be right… I am getting my title back in Philadelphia and there is nothing you can do about it!

Ted Dibiase: Randy Savage, the time has come for one of us to succumb to the other and quite frankly, I am too good to do so and that means you are gonna go down. The WWF decided they were tired of seeing me beat you every night so tonight I get to do it twice but my good friend Roddy Piper gets to join me! You and that cross-eyed freak Duggan are going to find out why money can by anything and there is no better team in the world that Piper and Dibiase!

Randy Savage: Ohhh yeaaahhhh. You wanna come out here Ted Dibiase and talk about beating the Macho Man? Huh? Yeah, I will be the first to admit that you and I have been tied up even Steven but brother, tonight is the turn of the corner. Tonight the Macho Man is coming with a little bit extra. Tonight me and Hacksaw Jim Duggan are going to be bringing it PRIME TIME in Philadelphia and were gonna beat you twice as nice! OHHH YEAAAHHHH!!!

-Vince is back putting over the night in Philly. He talks about a big card in Houston next week including a Texas Death match with Killer Khan taking on Ricky the Dragon Steamboat!

*COMMERCIAL*

-Superstars is back with Vince and Jesse putting over the big night in Philly and then the blood feud with Sgt. Slaughter and Lord Alfred. Jesse puts over their history and says at one point in time, Sgt. Slaughter wanted Alfred to manage him but then found out he didn’t want to go down that road…saying he wasn’t man enough! McMahon says he is crazy. McMahon puts over the Barbarian, the Viking, The Missing Link, and the newcomer, William Regal. They put over how Sgt. Slaughter has found some help with Bret Hart and Jim Neidhardt. They put over how Lord Alfred is trying to put a team together with Davey Boy Smith and that next week on Challenge; he is going to ask him for his answer! They put that over and cut to the main event…

Sgt. Slaughter vs The Viking w/ Lord Alfred Hayes

-A prime time contest with Sgt. Slaughter who is WAY over right now as he is going head to head with the Viking (John Nord). Viking is very green and looks to potato the hell out of the Sarge who is fighting back with everything he has got. Hayes is a mastermind outside the ring putting his man over and Jesse says he is right up there with Heenan as the brightest managers in wrestling. Vince of course puts over Elizabeth. Inside the ring we get a nice 8-minute bout but in the end all hell breaks loose. We see the Barbarian and Missing Link come down and they pounce on Sarge to give him the DQ victory but then the crowd erupts when Davey Boy Smith runs down to the ring! Lord Alfred backs his men off as Vince and Jesse wonder if this is a plot. They put over how we will find out what Smith’s intentions are next week on Wrestling Challenge!