Pro Wrestling Only

Lutte Internationale July 1984

SirEdger

Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

July 28th, 1984

hqdefault.jpg

(After the opening credits, we go to the broadcast booth as Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier are waiting to start the show)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to another edition of Lutte Internationale TV. This week, the ladies take center stage as they’ll compete in our main event in an 8-Women Elimination Tag Team Match. Eddie, this will also mark the official debut of Sherri Martel for Lutte Internationale as we saw last week.

Édouard Carpentier: And the question is: will Eddie Gilbert show up with her today, even though this is a women’s showcase match.

Guy Hauray: And for a rare time since the past couple of weeks, The Masked Cowboys aren’t here to wrestle but the Rougeaus are, more specifically Jacques as he’ll compete in singles competition this week, in our opening match.

Édouard Carpentier: We all know that the Rougeaus have revenge on their mind and the only thing they’re thinking about is getting their hands on those Masked Cowboys, whoever they are.

Guy Hauray: We’ll see in which frame of mind Jacques Rougeau is because he’s ready to be in action right now!

Match #1

Jacques Rougeau (w/Raymond Rougeau) vs Kendo Nagasaki

It’s a very aggressive Jacques Rougeau who steps inside the ring this week but the mysterious Japanese warrior doesn’t go down that easily. Nagasaki gets his way mid-way through the match but eventually Jacques Rougeau makes the comeback and nails a beautiful missile dropkick on Nagasaki to score the pinfall victory.

Winner: Jacques Rougeau

(After the match, Jacques & Raymond go to the broadcast booth where they’re about to be interviewed by Édouard Carpentier)

Édouard: Jacques, a great victory for you this week but I think we all know what you’re thinking about.

Jacques Rougeau: T’as ben raison, Édouard. Tout le monde sait à quoi on pense ou plutôt à qui on pense. Les Cowboys Masqués, les Rougeau en ont plein le dos de vous avoir dans les pattes pis de vous mêler de ce qui vous regarde pas. S’attaquer à nous autres, c’est une chose, mais de mêler notre frère Armand là-dedans, c’était de trop. La joke a assez duré, les Cowboys. Moi pis Raymond, on a quelque chose à vous proposer.

(Translation : You’re absolutely right, Édouard. Everyone knows what we’re thinking about or rather who we’re thinking about. Masked Cowboys, the Rougeaus have had enough of you sticking your noses where you don’t belong. To attack us is one thing but to involve our brother Armand in this, that was too much. Joke’s over, Cowboys. Myself and my brother Raymond, we have a deal for you.)

Raymond Rougeau: On sait pas qui vous êtes, les Cowboys, mais on sait que vous refuserez pas ce qu’on vous propose. La semaine prochaine, drette icitte, les Cowboys vs les Rougeaus. C’est ça que vous voulez, c’est ça qu’on veut aussi. On va en finir drette là pis on va vous régler votre compte. Si vous êtes des vrais hommes, vous allez vous montrer la face la semaine prochaine. Sinon, ça prouvera exactement ce que tout le monde pense : vous êtes des lâches pis vous avez pas d’honneur. Contrairement à vous autres, les Rougeau, on en a de la fierté pis vous allez vous en rendre compte quand on va s’affronter!

(Translation : We don’t know who you are, Cowboys, but we know you won’t turn down what we’re offering you. Next week, right here, the Masked Cowboys vs the Rougeaus. That’s what you want, that’s also what we want. We’ll settle this right then and we’ll also end you. If you’re real men, you’ll show up next week. Otherwise, this will prove exactly what everyone thinks: you’re cowards and you have no honor. As opposed to you, us Rougeaus have pride and you’ll find that out when we’ll face off!)

(The Rougeaus walk off the set and Édouard Carpentier returns to the broadcast booth)

Guy: Well, Eddie, the challenge has been made. We should have the Masked Cowboys vs the Rougeau Brothers right here next week!

Édouard: Hopefully, they do show up so we can finally have closure in this whole situation. It’s been eating Jacques & Raymond alive for the past couple of weeks and I don’t think they can handle it much longer so the timing of this challenge is excellent.

Guy: When we come back, King Tonga is in action!

*************COMMERCIAL BREAK***************

Match #2

Gilles Poisson vs King Tonga (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman & Sheik Ali)

King Tonga is obviously still fuming from his loss last week against Dino Bravo in the main event and he takes his frustrations out on the poor Gilles Poisson. The crowd is most definitely into this and they’re riling up The Brain, who’s getting into it with the people in attendance. Meanwhile, Tonga is in control against Gilles Poisson and is about to finish the match. However, in an attempt to shut the crowd up, Sheik Ali climbs on the ring apron to talk down to them. Tonga is momentarily distracted and Poisson shoves Tonga into Ali, who falls on the floor. Poisson rolls up King Tonga and gets the upset victory!

Winner: Gilles Poisson

(Immediately after the match, King Tonga goes into a rage and locks in the Tongan Death Grip on the poor Poisson and he refuses to let go while Eddy Creatchman admonishes Sheik Ali for another mistake. However, Ali gets in the ring under orders from The Brain and joins Tonga for a beating of Gilles Poisson while Tonga still has the Tongan Death Grip locked in. All of a sudden, Armand Rougeau runs from the back, chair in hand, and gets in the ring. Tonga releases the hold but slowly retreats outside, without exchanging words with Rougeau. Rougeau checks on the fallen Poisson while Creatchman orders his troops to the back.)

Guy: Another costly mistake from Sheik Ali leading to an upset victory for Gilles Poisson, Eddie.

Édouard: Yes, but Sheik Ali realized he screwed up and repaired that mistake by immediately helping King Tonga against Gilles Poisson. Thankfully, Armand Rougeau was here but he might have bitten off more than he could chew. King Tonga is probably the toughest man in the Creatchman Family. And that’s saying something.

Guy: When we come back, a special exhibition match featuring our International TV Champion Gino Brito.

******************COMMERCIAL BREAK + PROMO FOR AUGUST 5 HOUSE SHOW IN QUEBEC CITY********************

(Back from the break, we see that International TV Champion Gino Brito is in the ring with 5 other men: Doug Somers, Hercules Ayala, “No Class” Bobby Bass, Leo Burke & Carlos Colon, the runner-up in last week’s battle royal. It looks like we’re about to have some sort of exhibition 6-Men tag match: Brito teaming with Doug Somers & Ayala while Carlos Colon is teaming up with Bobby Bass and Leo Burke. Referee Luigi Macera allows for the exhibition to start and the fans are treated to some excellent wrestling. But all of a sudden, the attention draws to the broadcast booth where Frenchy Martin and his gun for hire and #1 contender to the International TV Championship, “Dr. D” David Schultz have made their way.)

Frenchy Martin: Arrêtez-moi ça tout de suite. C’est une vraie farce ce que j’suis en train de voir. Une vraie farce! Depuis quand un champion a besoin d’une exhibition? C’est-tu que t’as peur de mon homme, Brito? Dans le fond, tu le sais que tu peux pas battre le mercenaire de ma légion. T’as aucune chance pis tu veux pas te l’avouer faque là, tu décides de faire semblant que t’es un grand champion avec ta petite pratique publique. Ben j’ai des nouvelles pour toi, mon Brito; David Schultz va te manger tout rond au Forum de Montréal le 13 septembre. Parce que oui, je t’annonce que c’est le 13 septembre que mon homme va te prendre ta ceinture. Là, Lutte Internationale aura un champion TV de qui ils pourront être fiers!

(Translation : Stop this right now. What I’m seeing is a true travesty. A travesty! Since when does a champion need an exhibition? Is it because you’re afraid of my man, Brito? Deep inside, you know that you can’t beat my Legion’s mercenary. You’ve got no chance and you can’t admit it to yourself so you decide to fake that public workout to prove that you’re a great champion. But I’ve got news for you, Brito: David Schultz will eat you alive and spit you out on September 13 at the Montreal Forum. Because, yes, I can confirm you that the match has been made for September 13 and my man will take that belt from you. Then, Lutte Internationale will have an International TV Champion that they can be proud of.)

David Schultz: Gino, I know that you Italians have more guts than brains but I think that you and your buddies right here can figure out what’s about to happen. I’ve already bashed Leo Burke’s brains in when I arrived here and last week, I took out Carlos Colon to win that #1 contendership. And Ayala’s from Puerto Rico so that doesn’t make him any different than you. Now I know that Doug Somers and Bobby Bass – there you go, boys (Bass & Somers are walking out of the ring) – now, see, those guys are smart. So everyone else should leave the ring while I destroy you, Gino.

(It doesn’t seem like Ayala, Burke & Colon are going anywhere. Brito asks for the ring announcer’s microphone)

Gino Brito: J’ai jamais eu peur de personne, Frenchy, pis ça commencera pas aujourd’hui. J’suis prêt à défendre mon titre le 13 septembre au Forum mais si ton mercenaire me cherche, il attendra pas longtemps pour me trouver. Amène-toi, Schultz.

(Translation : I’ve never been afraid of anyone, Frenchy, and it won’t start today. I’m ready to defend my title on September 13 at the Forum but if your gun for hire is looking for a fight, he won’t wait long to find one. Get in here, Schultz.)

(David Schultz steps in the ring while Gino Brito asks for Hercules Ayala, Leo Burke & Carlos Colon to step aside and get out of the ring. They all oblige and both champion and challenger exchange words. Eventually they get into it and Frenchy Martin steps on the ring apron as well. Brito charges the apron with his title belt and Frenchy steps down the apron. However, that allows David Schultz to nail a big boot in Gino Brito’s face and the champion goes down. Frenchy Martin orders his mercenary to do some damage. Ayala, Burke & Colon try to get involved but Schultz quickly disposes of them on the floor. Schultz grabs the International TV title belt and puts it in the middle of the ring. Schults then picks up Brito and places him right between his legs: PILEDRIVER ON THE TITLE BELT! The champion is knocked out cold as referee Luigi Macera and the other officials try to stop Dr. D from doing more damage. Frenchy Martin finally orders David Schultz to walk away and Schultz returns backstage along with Martin.)

Guy: Shots have been fired, Eddie. What a cowardly attack by David Schultz on Gino Brito!

Édouard: Dr. D & Frenchy Martin will do anything to get themselves an advantage for their title match, even though if the match is taking place in over a month. Hopefully, Brito will be able to recover from this quickly.

Guy: When we come back, it’s our main event and the ladies will be in action.

****CONFIRMED FOR SEPTEMBER 13TH MONTREAL FORUM SUPERCARD****

INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

Gino Brito © vs “Dr. D” David Schultz (w/Frenchy Martin)

***************COMMERCIAL BREAK*************

(Back from our commercial break, Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier are in front of the broadcast booth with some breaking news)

Guy: Before we head to our main event, we just received word from promoter Frank Valois during the commercial break that the match has been made official. Right here, next week, the Masked Cowboys will square off against the Rougeau Brothers!

Édouard: Finally, the news the Rougeaus had been waiting for. This should be a highly emotional affair next week and let’s hope that the Rougeaus will be able to keep their emotions in check in order to secure the victory.

Guy: This will definitely be a fantastic match but let’s head to the ring for our main event. It’s the Ladies Showcase!

Main Event

Match #3

8-Women Elimination Tag Team Match

Penny Mitchell, Madusa Miceli, Sherri Martel (w/Eddie Gilbert) & Velvet McIntyre vs The Fabulous Moolah, Joyce Grable, Judy Martin & Susan Star

Eddie Gilbert sits at commentary for the main event with Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier. Highly-contested match with both teams. Velvet McIntyre is the first woman to be eliminated and soon after, it’s Penny Mitchell’s turn to be eliminated. The Fabulous Moolah’s team now has a 4-on-2 advantage in the match. However, Sherri’s team is able to gain momentum as they’re able to successively eliminate Judy Martin & Joyce Grable in a short amount of time. We’re now down to Madusa & Sherri vs The Fabulous Moolah & Susan Star. Sherri Martel and the Fabulous Moolah are going at it and the fans are eating it up. Sherri is about to finish Moolah but Moolah hits her patented backbreaker on Sherri but Sherri rolls out the ring and decides to leave with “Hotstuff” Eddie Gilbert, leaving Madusa to fend for herself vs The Fabulous Moolah & Susan Star. As good a wrestler as Madusa Miceli is, there’s nothing she can do against 2 solid workers like Moolah & Susan Star. Susan Star then nails a beautiful dropkick to get the pinfall victory for her team.

Winners & survivors: The Fabulous Moolah & Susan Star

(This week’s episode ends as Eddie Gilbert & Sherri Martel laugh at a fallen Madusa Miceli who had to fight for herself in the final moments of this match.)

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

July 28th, 1984

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal, QC

-Jacques Rougeau beat Pete Doherty in 13:42 with a cross body

Minis Match: Little Coco & Cowboy Lang beat Butch Cassidy & The Haiti Kid in 10:44

Cage Match: Billy Robinson beat Bobby Kay in 14:40

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Leo Burke in 7:51 with a backbreaker

-George Steele (w/Frenchy Martin) beat King Tonga (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 6:07 with a splash

International TV Championship: Gino Brito beat Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) in 40:31 to retain

International Heavyweight Championship: Greg Valentine (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Hercules Ayala in 43:43 with a piledriver to retain

July 29th, 1984

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal, QC

-Leo Burke beat Charlie Cook in 9:36

-Rick Martel beat Pete Doherty in 10:50 with a boston crab

-Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Rudy Kay in 12:47 with the Samoan Drop

-Baron Von Raschke beat Jerry Oates in 6:35 by countout

Scaffold Match: Gilles Poisson beat Mad Dog Lefebvre in 4:46 by referee stoppage after Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) fell badly on his shoulder while climbing the scaffolding and got injured. Mad Dog was stretchered out for precautionary measures.

-The Caribbean Connection beat International Tag Team Champions The Wild Samoans (w/Eddy "the Brain" Creatchman) in a non-title match in 9:19 when Chicky Starr put his foot in the ropes for leverage. Earlier in the match, Eddy tried to interfere by hitting Starr with his cane but Starr kicked out of Afa's pin attempt.

-Billy Robinson beat Jacques Rougeau in 8:56 with a double underhook backbreaker

-International Heavyweight Champion Greg Valentine & Masked Cowboy #1 (w/Frenchy Martin & Masked Cowboy #2) beat Hercules Ayala & International TV Champion Gino Brito in 19:48 when Valentine pinned Ayala after a spike piledriver.

Truly enjoying Lutte. The Masked Cowboy thing is coming to head and I am looking forward to finding out who they are. Good use of the women here! Also enjoyed Dr. D coming after the belt.

One question, was Lutte translated to English and French on air as you do here? I have friends just over the border in NY and al of their TV stations were out of Montreal and I think in French?

Yes, there were 2 versions of Lutte in English and French. Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier were handling the French version while Gino Brito & Milt Avrushin were doing the English version. It was the same cards in both languages. I just kept the French guys to add the local flavor.