Pro Wrestling Only

Initial Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is a corner stone guy to build from. If you watch him on Nitro, he is the best worker on television and that was with the WCW limitations. I think that can transition here and find some guys to put around him and he could be special.

Are you doing a Junior division or NOT?????????????

Yeah I have a junior title with Dan Kroffat. I just have to get the right pieces... AJPW had a junior title so I plan to keep up with that.

Cool. Yeah, they had the title but didn't really do anything with it. Bringing in Eddie shows you want to try, which is awesome. Just means I probably will not worry about it, too many people using juniors.

The cool thing about Eddy being a cornerstone though is that he can work with a ton of different juniors. He's someone who you could see working well with everyone from Masa Fuchi to Gran Naniwa.

And he's an actual junior heavyweight. Unlike Dan Kroffat. :)

I think he is a corner stone guy to build from. If you watch him on Nitro, he is the best worker on television and that was with the WCW limitations. I think that can transition here and find some guys to put around him and he could be special.

Are you doing a Junior division or NOT?????????????

Yeah I have a junior title with Dan Kroffat. I just have to get the right pieces... AJPW had a junior title so I plan to keep up with that.

Cool. Yeah, they had the title but didn't really do anything with it. Bringing in Eddie shows you want to try, which is awesome. Just means I probably will not worry about it, too many people using juniors.

The cool thing about Eddy being a cornerstone though is that he can work with a ton of different juniors. He's someone who you could see working well with everyone from Masa Fuchi to Gran Naniwa.

And he's an actual junior heavyweight. Unlike Dan Kroffat. :)

I have got some serious plans for Eddie as long as I can get the pieces around him. He could be someone to really build things around and like you said, Eddie > Dan Kroffat

I demand Tier A status. :)

You are definitely making a claim for it with those two picks... Vader is a steal

The Real World Tag League will be coming in December. You have Taue/Kawada and Misawa/Kobashi. I wonder who else will be forming. Akiyama and Tenryu could be two great anchors to teams or a hell of a team as it is.

I have got some fun plans for the tag league already but there is so much time left in the draft to try and put the pieces together.

Tenryu was my #2 prospect behind Hashimoto. Him going back to All Japan is perfect though. That would've been awesome. Imagine Kawada wanting to prove to Tenryu that he's grown up and shit.

I think that there is a serious story here with Kawada and Tenryu that even though AJPW isn't storyline focused, I could still tell through the matches...

Ohtani is coming to the North-East.I am very excited about the match-ups this will allow me to make. I was inspired to make this choice when re-watching the '94 Jr. Tag League Finals: Great Sasuke & Black Tiger vs Wild Pegasus & Shinjiro Ohtani. Love that match, love this pick.

Ohtani is coming to the North-East.I am very excited about the match-ups this will allow me to make. I was inspired to make this choice when re-watching the '94 Jr. Tag League Finals: Great Sasuke & Black Tiger vs Wild Pegasus & Shinjiro Ohtani. Love that match, love this pick.

Yeah great match.. and really a nice heel to build around until you form Kaientai.

Yeah great match.. and really a nice heel to build around until you form Kaientai.

Absolutely! He also opens up the possibility of headlining shows with single matches that won't be totally upstaged by the 6-man semi-main event. On September 25th, 1995 Sasuke won the British Commonwealth Junior Heavyweight Championship. I'm hoping I can use that in my version of M-Pro. Sasuke vs. Ohtani for the strap is pure Fire Pro Fantasy Booking for me. Technically, Ohtani was also British Commonwealth Junior Heavyweight Champion in '97, as that belt was one of eight comprising the J-Crown.

I know he doesn't have a lot of time left but Hansen still had something in the tank and can be useful with some of the aforementioned plans.

I wonder if putting him in a tag team might help delay the onset of his lumbago, or at least slow it down. You should be able to get at least 5 more decent years out of him if you use him right.

I wanted to add on to Matt D's comment about how thin it was but how name values are the most expensive commodity.

I still stand firm on my pick for Eddie Guerrero... dude was a workrate monster and I think he would have transitioned well into the All Japan scene and would be a solid foundation for a juniors division even in 1995.