Pro Wrestling Only

Initial Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna make for an interesting dynamic in WWF. Especially if the Kliq is intact over there.

On my part, I'm just happy I could get Kensuke Sasaki. Couldn't risk losing him to another promotion!

If picks fall the way I want them to, Douglas could go a few different ways. I really was hoping Vader would last to the next round.

So wait, your argument highlights the point I made earlier when I called out that you would pick Austn and you are subsequently pointing out that your going to push him when in reality he was a year away from it. Not to mention the guy that got him over, Bret Hart, you skipped out on... I dare say Stan Hansen, in the twilight of his career (I mean 4-5 years really), has a little more in the tank for the time that this game will be going that Steve Austin at this point in his career as he doesn't have the momentum and the time in ECW to actually hit the "IT" factor that caused him to get over as well as he did. We all know he had it in him the entire time, but in reality it was his short run in ECW that isn't going to happen, and a great series with Bret Hart, than isn't going to happen, that really made him get over... so you have thus killed any sense of realistic feel to the development of someone like him and you haven't even booked a match yet.

If I may say something about this. I think that what LowBlowPodcast is saying is that the problem isn't that you picked Steve Austin but when you picked him. Considering that he had just been released from WCW at that time and that he was coming into ECW not with a lot of momentum before heading into WWF later that year, it's a little headscratching for most of us. Should have you made that pick in Round 10 or 11, I think that your argument would've made more sense.

I don't agree also with you calling Stan Hansen a reach pick, considering the legendary status he still had in Japan back then. It makes more sense to me to see Hansen being picked at this stage than Austin.

So wait, your argument highlights the point I made earlier when I called out that you would pick Austn and you are subsequently pointing out that your going to push him when in reality he was a year away from it. Not to mention the guy that got him over, Bret Hart, you skipped out on... I dare say Stan Hansen, in the twilight of his career (I mean 4-5 years really), has a little more in the tank for the time that this game will be going that Steve Austin at this point in his career as he doesn't have the momentum and the time in ECW to actually hit the "IT" factor that caused him to get over as well as he did. We all know he had it in him the entire time, but in reality it was his short run in ECW that isn't going to happen, and a great series with Bret Hart, than isn't going to happen, that really made him get over... so you have thus killed any sense of realistic feel to the development of someone like him and you haven't even booked a match yet.

I'm just mentioning that all you do is criticize everyone else's moves, but when someone does it back to you, you get all defensive. I love my pick of Austin there and he will be a major player long after Hansen has been retired. I think you either don't remember his run in WCW in the Hollywood Blondes and his singles work there when he was a top 10 worker in the US. Injury and politics (Hogan and friends) derailed Austin there and he won't have that problem in the WWF. As much as I LOVE Hansen, see my name), Hansen is a 8th-12th round pick due to his age. You use the fact that he WAS a legend in Japan as your reasoning for the pick. I'm using the same reasoning in reverse with Austin. He became a major player in the US within 12-18 months after going to Vince.

I'm just mentioning that all you do is criticize everyone else's moves, but when someone does it back to you, you get all defensive. I love my pick of Austin there and he will be a major player long after Hansen has been retired. I think you either don't remember his run in WCW in the Hollywood Blondes and his singles work there when he was a top 10 worker in the US. Injury and politics (Hogan and friends) derailed Austin there and he won't have that problem in the WWF. As much as I LOVE Hansen, see my name), Hansen is a 8th-12th round pick due to his age. You use the fact that he WAS a legend in Japan as your reasoning for the pick. I'm using the same reasoning in reverse with Austin. He became a major player in the US within 12-18 months after going to Vince.

However after thinking about it, I apologize for hurting your feelings. You run your WWF the way you imagine it and I will run All Japan the way I do. Good luck.

It's actually pretty funny that anyone would burn anyone over picking Steve Austin or Stan Hansen. I mean, I see the points on bth sides, but: Regardless of where they were at in 1995, those are two of the greatest brawlers of all time and two of the most successful pro wrestlers ever. Pretty hard to see either of them as a wasted pick.

It's actually pretty funny that anyone would burn anyone over picking Steve Austin or Stan Hansen. I mean, I see the points on bth sides, but: Regardless of where they were at in 1995, those are two of the greatest brawlers of all time and two of the most successful pro wrestlers ever. Pretty hard to see either of them as a wasted pick.

Exactly. It is all about how you use em that counts. Hansen was a stud in AJPW so he will continue to be that.

It's actually pretty funny that anyone would burn anyone over picking Steve Austin or Stan Hansen. Regardless of where they were at in 1995, those are two of the greatest brawlers of all time and two of the most successful pro wrestlers ever. Pretty hard to see either of them as a wasted pick.

Not a waste. However, cut out everything that happens after August 31, 1995. Picking Austin in the first round then looks insane.

I really can't wait to book the Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka vs Boss Man & Mike Awesome feud. Followed by a hair vs mask Hayabusa vs Sabu feud! Going to be bloody!

Having competition for a women's division surprised me, but it just meant I'm going to pick the women first, before my underneath garbage wrestlers.