Pro Wrestling Only

Initial Draft Discussion

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about making a heel trios team with them and Ohtani. It was too good to resist. I almost took Tajiri in that spot... but that would totally be one of those choices that involves knowing what happened after 1995... Although Tajiri did debut with M-Pro in '94, according to Wikipedia.

Dr. Death in elliot's All-Brawlers re-imagining of UWFi is even better. Williams, Takayama, Hash, and Vader. Yikes!

Actually "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes would be freaking amazing and so much better than Goldust.

Goldust really hadn't debuted that gimmick on more than dark matches, so could go either way. If I was doing a US promotion he would had been a top pick for me and I'd use him as Dustin.

How is Goldust a top pick?

If you want to argue more, take it to my PM.

There is an incredibly great Kiyoshi Tamura vs Gary Albright match from 1994 and Doc is like a rich man's Albright. In addition to being a top name in All Japan, Doc also has the "real wrestler/tough guy" credentials that would fit into UWFi. "Hey Doc, instead of the Oklahoma Stampede, how about you try and bash dudes in the face really hard?"

UWFi is so loaded at this point that I'm playing around with injury angles already :)

Actually "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes would be freaking amazing and so much better than Goldust.

Goldust really hadn't debuted that gimmick on more than dark matches, so could go either way. If I was doing a US promotion he would had been a top pick for me and I'd use him as Dustin.

How is Goldust a top pick?

If you want to argue more, take it to my PM.

Answer my question, or are you too gutless to out in the open? Same about Tito Santana?

Dustin Rhodes was being groomed as the top star in WCW until he was fired for blading and came into the WWF as a top heel. He was also a top worker in the world.

Tito was the top star in the AWF and was picked by an indy that only ran once a month that wanted a name value.

It's clear you don't understand what this game is.

I hear you, toprope. I think it's time I started snapping up M-Pro mainstays... but there are some tempting alternatives still out there.

UWFi '95 (elliot version) is gonna be stiffer than '93 All Japan. Regal just fits right in with that roster.

I've basically missed out on 1 guy I was heavily targeting before this started: Tenryu. And I had him below Hashimoto on my depth chart. Things are breaking perfectly thus far for what I had planned/hoped.

"If I can't land Hashimoto or Tenryu, I'll reach down and grab Maeda with my first pick."

"In a perfect world, I'll land Vader, but I'd be happy with Dr Death. Or I could grab Regal and build him up."

Or, I'll just draft ALL of them :)

US PPVs may have to be a thing for this group if I can convince WCW to lend me Tenay and Dusty for commentary :)

I need to start figuring out some guys who will actually lose matches. We're a couple of top names away from having to be booked like 80s All Japan.

Edit

Really I'll probably need to run split crews. It's early obviously, but my top tier is ridiculous for starting in September 1995. The UWFi vs NJ feud was just about to start in real life and that was the biggest feud in wrestling in late 95 early 96. Hash vs Takada was the blowoff. Akira Maeda was getting older in 1995 but he is/awas absolutely a major star in Japan still and a Maeda vs Takada match in real life in this time period also would have been huge. Now add Vader and Dr Death. And Tamura is knocking on the door of the top tier. And its not like I protected Sakuraba & Takayama or reached for Regal to job them out. I like those guys and have big plans.

So yeah, I'm gonna need to run spit crews. Or since Pride isn't going to exist, maybe I actually will run all stadium/dome shows.

Make me Tier B+ and give me access to 22-36 picks :)

I'm intrigued by ECW too. Owen Hart would be fucking amazing in that environment either in workrate matches with topropepodcast's other picks Benoit/Malenko or trolling the ECW Vampries with Cactus.

And Goldust! I mean holy crap.

All of our rosters are better than what happened in real life. Good work so far everyone.