Pro Wrestling Only

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its taken way, way long to get there, but I'm out on Oedo Tai tags.* Both Kagetsu & Kimura are more than capable of delivering in singles outings but in a tag setting their matches become clown shows built around gimmicks and poor comedy that I suppose may be aimed at building heat. Done.

*Any tags opposing Io Shirai are are of course exempt.

My biggest reservation on the Shirai signing is how strongly they'll feature her given the incredible push Asuka received in recent years. While there's certainly no need for any streak or similarly killer gimmick, if she's given an opportunity to regularly deliver big matches rather than sparing TV opportunities I think she'll quickly prove herself among the best talents in the entire company. Fingers crossed.

Io/Momo from the 5/23 Stardom show was absolutely terrific. The match does it's job getting Momo over as a top threat and is one hell of a way to end Io's run as the top star of the company for the last five years. Top 5 match in the promotions history too.

Io/Momo from the 5/23 Stardom show was absolutely terrific. The match does it's job getting Momo over as a top threat and is one hell of a way to end Io's run as the top star of the company for the last five years. Top 5 match in the promotions history too.

I have to rewatch it again cause I didn't think it was a great match at all. It just felt hollow to me especially coming off the 2/3 falls tag that was really good.

I've tend to rate Io's matches with younger, less experienced workers more than her higher profile ones. I prefer the Momo matches, along with the 6/1/14 Takumi Iroha and 2/22/15 Koguma matches, ahead of most of her matches with Mayu and Meiko. Wouldn't put any of Io's matches with Kairi Sane over those matches either.

Kagetsu beat Toni Storm to win the World of Stardom title. Not really a surprise given Toni's WWEUK contract is likely to limit the opportunities, if any, that Toni will have to work for Stardom in the future. This is also the fourth title change that Stardom has had in the last two and a half weeks.

The Toni/Kagetsu title switch is up at Stardom world. The pre-match promos are weird as they are directed at English speaking critics more than hyping the match. As for the actual match itself, I thought it was pretty good. Toni in particular looked great. Kagetsu's selling was weak and I'm not really excited at the prospect of every title match having a ref bump in it like this one and the title match with Io last month.