Pro Wrestling Only

JvK books AWA in 1991

JerryvonKramer

Okay, let's take a time out. I have decided to switch from the letter grades which rate from A* to F- to number grades that rate from 100 to 0. Why? Because I want to get a more granular view of how my booking is affecting things. Are things working or not? So this is going to be a little review session on how things have been going in the past three months.

Steamer, who I have pushed relentlessly:

u1X4NmC.png

As you can see the "progress" is not quite up-to-date, next month the current figures will slot in under "May", so it's a month behind. Steamboat has become a huge star and this is clear to see from the stats.

What about our "has been" celeb Mr. T?

WGerzcE.png

He's enjoyed a bit of a popularity boost from being on TV pretty much every week in a featured slot.

What about my long-term project hoping to get that rub off him, Booker T?

K4ifPUe.png

Better progress than you'd think. Slow at first but catching on.

What about Bagwell and his week of squashing Honky Tonk Man?

K5XtT74.png

Interesting, look he started lower than Booker, but here has gotten over more. He also had not matches or TV appearances in Feb. So the numbers jumped up when he started having more matches and wins under his belt.

I think I need to get Booker T in the ring a bit more.

Let's have a look at TV show grades converted into the numbers:

TV:

Feb:

Week 1: 51

Week 2: 71

Week 3: 59

Week 4: 56

March:

Week 1: 59

Week 2: 58

Week 3: 48

Week 4: 72

April:

Week 1: 57

Week 2: 68

Week 3: 63

Old tour show:

Feb:

Week 2: 75

Week 3: 66

Week 4: 76

March:

Week 1: 68

Week 2: 67

MTV Live show:

March:

Week 3: 66

Week 4: 50

April:

Week 1: 67

Week 2: 68

Week 3: 60

World Tour (UK shows):

March:

Week 4: 55

April:

Week 1: 54

Week 2: 59

Week 3: 54

To put that into context, my best card to date has been the one headlined by Wahoo and Greg.

bvTbIpl.png

And my worst, this one:

jMA5Tup.png

Yes, the one headlined by Bill Watts coming out of retirement in 91. Who'd have thought.

In terms of overall popularity for the promotion, the numbers have just hovered between 60 and 64 for every US region since I started.

In Southern England, where I've been running the UK tour shows, it has gone from 10 to 17, which is murderously SLOW progress, but then those cards have been shitty.

Incidentally, in the handful of appearances made by "Lord Jerry von Kramer", my personal overness has gone from 0 to 3 in most regions. So a long way to go in that respect.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two minor points of business before the next week.

First, Dynamite Kid and Honkytonk Man are now blacklisted. They will never work in the AWA again:

9ETTrbw.png

Second ...

I have moved into the realm of merch.

hOp9vkV.png

Now you can get!

Ricky Steamboat: t-shit, cap, poster, action figure, foam hands and stuff like pencil cases!

Mr. T: all of the above!

Superstar Graham / Miss Elizabeth / Andre: action figure, t-shirt, poster!

Collect the entire fabulous AWA toy range of action figures! Including: Bob Backlund, Bobby Fulton, Tommy Rogers, Lord Steven Regal, Marcus Bagwell, Booker T, Bob Orton Jr., Butch Reed, Dick Slater, Doug Somers, Buddy Rose, Gordon Solie*, Greg Valentine, Ivan Koloff, King Kong Bundy, Lord Alfred Hayes*, Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie, Nikolai Volkoff, One Man Gang, Rick Martel, Sal Bellomo, Scott Hall, Steve Williams, Terry Gordy, The Iron Sheik, Tito Santana

Yes, you TOO can own a Doug Somers action figure in 1991! Just imagine him sitting next to your brand new Super Nintendo!

And in our LEGENDS range: Jack Brisco, Nick Bockwinkel, Cowboy Bill Watts, Ivan Putski, Wahoo McDaniel

62029489d9492628888dd8a9c371eb89.jpg

* Cannot be purchased in store, you can get these special figures by collecting exclusive tokens from the back of Kellogg's Cornflakes boxes. Just cut them out using a scissors, and once you have six of them, send them off in an envelope to The American Wrestling Association, PO Box 1546. Remember to ask your parents' permission to use a scissors!

78DswP1.jpg

maidWLd.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, April, Week 4, 91:

cbWchJW.png

Gordon Solie and Bill Watts open the show by saying the The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase has a special apperance tonight on Mr. T's Pity the Fool talk show. Apparently, he booked and paid for the slot himself. They also mention that AWA Vice President, Nick Bockwinkel is here, and also has a special announcement.

OytuWjv.png

The Alliance Against America has been jobbed out something chronic.

QNZhLry.png

Pity the Fool

Mr. T: S'up fools, I got a special guest this week. The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase.

*DiBiase swaggers in. He waits to take his seat and looks to Booker T, expecting him to pull the chair for him*

DiBiase: Hey, boy, you.

*He clicks his fingers*

DiBiase: I expect a bit of service!

*Booker T glares at him*

DiBiase (*more aggressive*): I said I want to sit down.

Mr. T: Well sit down then, you leave Booker alone.

DiBiase: Pull my chair I said!

*Booker T complies. As DiBiase goes to sit down, he pulls the chair away so he falls on his ass. DiBiase erupts and attacks Booker T. Full brawl.*

Mr. T: Someone get security here!

*DiBiase has got the advantage, he's laying in closed fists. Mr. T goes in himself to break it up.*

DiBiase: In the ring! Get this boy in the ring! He's going to be my first match. Referee come here!

*David Manning goes over. DiBiase shoves a wad of notes in his pocket.*

*DiBiase drags an already dazed Booker T into the ring. Ref calls for the bell and the match begins.*

c8QwfLM.png

Story of this match is that Booker T gets in more offense than you'd expect, even though he's overmatched.

MhlVoUY.png

cTz8ypk.png

*AWA Vice President Nick Bockwinkel is in the ring. Larry Nelson holds the mic for him.*

Bockwinkel: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am here to make a special announcement regarding tomorrow night's Pay-per-view event The Jim Crockett Sr Memorial show. It concerns Ricky Steamboat's AWA Universal title, which has a lineage that of course is dear to my heart ...

I have here a contract pre-signed by Steamboat's opponent. But ... Ricky, I'm going to need you to come out to sign it yourself. AWA regulations.

*Ricky Steamboat comes out looking a little confused*

*He goes over and takes the paper from Bockwinkel and looks at it closely. His eyes betray some consternation.*

Steamboat: The Millon Dollar Man?! He has a title shot?! I thought the number #1 contender was Jumbo Tsuruta?

*Bockwinkel looks a little shifty*

Bockwinkel: The AWA Board of Directors has run a set of algorithms, you see, Mr. Steamboat, and all of those complex calculations say that the challenger tomorrow night will be Ted DiBiase ...

*DiBiase's music hits, and he walks down the aisle, still in his wrestling gear after the match with Booker T, with Superstar Graham by his side. They are both laughing. Bockwinkel once again looks shifty.*

*Steamboat looks at them both with a hint of outrage*

Steamboat: Well something fishy is going on here, but I'm not scared of you DiBiase! I'll see you in the ring tomorrow night! You better bring your wrestling boots!

*DiBiase and Graham look at each other as if to suggest they have a plan.*

7wMLNUA.jpg

Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Cup, April, Week 4, 91:

0JN6Heq.png

This might be a contender for weakest PPV match that took place anywhere in 1991.

V5saNwM.png

This match pissed off the ENTIRE roster. Most of the more established guys were absolutely furious. But with the locker room at 0%, I figured it couldn't get any lower.

Two things:

1. The Crockett Cup is now a singles trophy.

2. This is the Marcus Bagwell mega-push. I mean, he's good-looking, athletic, and could be a Steamboat Jr. Yes, I have Shane Douglas right there, but ... Shane Douglas isn't sexy.

gfgF2y1.png

Nick Bockwinkel comes out to explain that an injury to Tommy Rogers means that the scheduled match between The Fantastics and The Funk Brothers cannot go ahead as scheduled. The AWA board of directors, however, has decided that the Tag Titles MUST be decided this evening and therefore the Funks will face off against the #3 ranked team, Strike Force, that is Tito Santana and Rick Martel.

Since The Fantastics earned the right to be in the final, they will get a shot at the champions as soon as Rogers has recovered from injury.

Man, oh man, did this piss me off. All Japan booked some random one-off show on THIS Tuesday of all bloody days, and The Fantastics were in Japan.

I was furious. Months building to this match and I had to change the booking ON THE NIGHT.

Well, there was *some* truth to Bock's claims here since Rogers has been nursing an L4/L5 disc hernation injury and working through it for the past month. Tito and Martel were the most over faces I could realistically give the titles to. What a shit show. I guess shit happens.

cNjFb1K.png

I guess the silver lining to the cloud is that Strike Force probably gave me a better match than the Fantastics would have in this spot, just because they are more over.

1Kmw6X7.png

ui82rAe.png

At least the main event was strong.

Pkk7vQU.png

I'd consider this a success overall, despite some really glaring problems. I should be able to ride Steamboat vs. Ted until the next PPV in a month.

Wow, just spotted this, and it's an absolute GOD SEND:

ARTmbTD.png

MTV Europe were willing to talk to me, and I've managed to get my TV and the Sunday night live MTV show onto it.

Of course, in 1991 very very few people could actually watch MTV anywhere in Europe -- their coverage is even smaller than Eurosport's -- but I don't give a shit about that! This means I don't have to run those terrible British cards any more, and every show should give a little increase to popularity in across all of Europe. Pretty happy with that.

I've also gone and cancelled my deal with Sports Channel America and signed AWA Championship Wrestling to show on MTV instead. I had to pay Sports Channel America a fine for breaking the contract, but I think it's worth doing in the long-run.

So MTV carry both my TV and the Sunday weekly live show in the USA and Europe, and Omni Television carry both of them in Canada.

boUJab0.png

From next week, I can add a new TV show (AWA All Star Wrestling), which I'm hoping to launch on ESPN. This show will have more of a wrestling / matches focus and will be taped on Mondays back-to-back with the other TV show. Hopefully I can get this on the MTV Europe channel too.

I will probably make the MTV live show more like a Clash or an SNME now, not every week but a "Special" every month or so and in a Tuesday slot so it doesn't clash with my weekly TV.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, some good news. I managed to secure the TV deal with ESPN that I wanted, as well as with FX Canada and with Eurosport. This will be the new home of AWA Championship Wrestling, although the MTV slot on Sunday nights will still continue.

rRggLhF.jpg

I start this week with a huge amount of firings:

First off, Kal Rudman asked for a ridiculous pay rise, over 100% of what he was on already. I refused, he kicked off, and so I fired him. Poor Kal wasn't really doing a lot since the World Tour finished anyway.

Next, this happened:

5zAqTvE.png

Boris Malenko named almost half of the entire roster and pissed EVERYONE off. Including me, since this has lost sponsorship money. He's history, and a lot of people were happy about it.

Then there was this:

T3ZOyvp.png

Fired.

And this:

AZgTUhG.png

Fired.

I am sick and tired of the locker room being so toxic so really clamping down on ANY nonsense at all.

Wk54EnY.png

Let's get on with TV:

maidWLd.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, May, Week 1, 91:

RT3McGZ.png

8s2diLU.png

Bagwell mega-push continues.

Zfb85eS.png

Surprisingly good match this.

Z2swZJg.png

Pity the Fool

Mr. T: S'up suckas, this is Pity the Fool in a NEW home here on ESPN on Saturday night. Tonight my guest is the new President of the AWA ... He's a former 4-time AWA World Champion and 3-time co-holder of the AWA titles with the great Ray Stevens ... Mr. Nick Bockwinkel.

Bockwinkel: Why thank you, Mr. T. A very kind introduction.

Mr. T: So, Nick Bockwinkel, you have recently been appointed President of the AWA. You were the vice president before?

Bockwinkel: Well that's right. Verne Gagne has announced his retirement from the wrestling business with immediate effect. As vice president, as per the constitution of the American Wrestling Alliance, I became the new president.

Mr. T: I see. And what can the wrestlers expect from you as the president?

Bockwinkel: I am going to try to be fair and call it straight down the line in order to protect the intregrity of this great sport.

Mr. T: Mr. Bockwinkel, with the greatest respect, sir, last week we saw ... let's show the tape ...

*The incident with DiBiase seemingly getting a mysterious contract signed for a shot at Steamboat's title, with Bockwinkel looking like he'd been paid off*

Bockwinkel: What are you insinuating?

Mr. T: Well, I'm saying this: you took money from The Million Dollar Man for that contract!

Bockwinkel: How dare y... I did not! I could fine and suspend you for bringing this great sport into disrepute! You ... ignoramous you ...

Mr. T: Who you callin' an ignoramous fool?

Bockwinkel: I am warning you, T, the President of the AWA is not a man that you want to be obtruding or incommoding.

Mr. T: Cut your jibber jabber, fool, I ain't no sucka. I can see you's was up to no good with Ted DiBiase!

Bockwinkel: Your empty allegations are nothing but hot air.

*Bockwinkel stands up, prim and properly. He looks at Booker T with some caution.*

Bockwinkel: Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some very important business to attend to.

mVOroIj.png

Not long left for Wahoo sadly. In fact, he retired just after this match.

S99DFCw.png

Orndorff is going to be the perennial filler-in during this Billy Graham "WWF All Stars" story. And he does a fine job of filling in.

n56gXYD.png

Strong first show on ESPN.

8MI8Zib.jpg

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, May Week 1, 91:

UQZacSf.png

Cruise: Welcome everyone, I am Chris Cruise, YOUR host for Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV! Coming to you every Sunday night from Disney's MGM studios here in Florida. We have a lot of great action for you this week. The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase is here. Greg Valentine is going to be in action. The Alliance Against America will be looking to have their way. And, ladies and gentlemen, Ricky Steamboat will be featuring on "A Cuppa with Lord Al".

4SGq7kE.png

1rpWsQn.png

A Cuppa with Lord Al

*Lord Al is sitting at a table with a china tea set, cakes and sandwiches. Lord Jerry von Kramer and Lord Steven Regal can be seen in the background talking with their noses in the air.*

Lord Al: Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud that my little show, "A Cuppa with Lord Al" is going to be featuring in a regular slot here on MTV every Sunday night here in Sunny Florida. And what better way to get us started than welcoming the AWA Universal Champion, Ricky THE DRAGON Steamboat!

Steamboat: Thank you, your lordship. I'm happy to be here.

Lord Al: Mr. Steamboat, your career seems to be really going from strength to strength now. What a year you've been having. Just to remind the viewers at home, back in February you defeated Jumbo Tsuruta to win the AWA World Title in the final of the tournment at the Chi-town Rumble, and just last month you unified the AWA and WWA world titles by defeating the mighty Andre the Giant to become the first AWA Universal champion. How are you feeling?

Steamboat: Well Alfred, it has been a wonderful year and I'm pleased with my success. I hope that all the fans out there enjoy watching me wrestle. I hope that they can see that hard work, and training, and dedication can pay off.

Lord Al: Can I ask, what is the schedule like for the Universal champion? You have defended the belt all around the world.

Steamboat: Just this past month, I've faced Dr. Wagner Jr in Mexico, Animal Hamaguchi in Japan, Adrian Street in England, and here in the United States of America both Dory and Terry Funk, Abdullah the Butcher, last night Paul Orndroff, and of course just last that NO GOOD Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase.

Lord Al: Gosh! You are a busy man. Now on the subject of Ted DiBiase, will you be giving him the rematch he wants so badly?

Steamboat: I am a fighting champion your Lordship, and I don't back down from any challenger! There was no winner at the Jim Crockett Sr Memorial, and so I can announce that there WILL be a rematch on PPV at the New Orleans SUPERDOME at the end of this month!

Lord Al: Golly, well all the best of luck.

eQhvR67.png

f20fCle.png

These Alliance Against America guys have had nothing going on for a good four months now. Maybe time to give them a feud.

L1zuMRo.png

Great performance from Ted here.

nawTYLr.png

This is the best rated show overall that I've put on so far.

maidWLd.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, May, Week 2, 91:

51DUs8f.png

Solie: Welcome everyone to AWA Championship Wrestling. It is my pleasure to introduce our newest colleague here at the AWA, Mr. Bob Caudle.

Caudle: Why thank you Gordon, and gee it's a pleasure to be here.

Solie: Of course, Mr. Caudle has tremendous experience in broadcasting on pro wrestling television, and he's been contracted to assist Chris Cruise on our MTV show.

*Loud rap music plays over the tanoy system, and a voice booms out over it. A figure emerges holding a microphone.*

Tazz: Hold on, hold on. Just wait a minute OLD MEN!

Solie: What is the meaning of this? Who ARE you?

Tazz: There's going to be some changes around here. My name is TAZZ. And ... I am the new co-host of wrestling on MTV! As a matter of fact, I have signed an exclusive deal with President Nick Bockwinkel, and there's going to be no more of your OLD MAN wrestling on MTV from now on!

Solie: Now wait just a minute young man ...

Caudle: Why Gordon, what's he talking about?

Tazz: There's gonna be no more of this "Lou Thesz this, Jack Brisco that". We're taking over wrestling on MTV!!!

Solie: Who is this "we"?

Tazz: From now on, there's going to be a separate BRAND. I have exclusive rights to the AWA MTV FRANCHISE!

Solie: What is the meaning of this?

Caudle: What about my new job?

Tazz: You're going to have to find something to do here on ESPN, old man.

*Nick Bockwinkel walks out looking pleased with himself*

Caudle: Mr. Bockwinkel, please, what IS going on?

Bockwinkel: The young man is right. I've been talking to the bosses at MTV and it is felt that the youth want something want a more "edgy" product on their screens. Myself and the AWA board of directors have been working covertly day and night in order to find the right talent with the right vision to present Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV. And this young man, "Tazz", as he is known, has won the contract. Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV remains under the auspicies and jurisdiction of the American Wrestling Alliance, its official sanctioning body. However ... for all intents and purposes, it is now an independent body, its own entity with exclusive events, wrestlers and championships.

Caudle: Why ... I ...

Tazz: I can exclusively reveal the NEW logo for Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV!!

*He holds up a sign with the new logo on it*

jrKUpX9.jpg

Bockwinkel: This has some ramifications across the AWA. First of all, the current Television Champion, Lord Steven Regal is from this moment the "MTV Heavyweight Champion". He will defend that belt exclusively on MTV. There will also be a match on Sunday night, between the two highest ranked teams, to crown the MTV Tag Team Champions! Those belts will also be defended exclusively on MTV. The current AWA World Tag Team champions, Rick Martel and Tito Santana will continue to defend their belts here on AWA Championship Wrestling, and indeed at events across the world.

But TONIGHT, I have with me here, the AWA World Title -- which has not been active since Ricky Steamboat defeated Andre the Giant to unify the AWA and WWA world titles to become the first AWA Universal Champion. I am hereby re-instating this great belt, which I held myself on four occasions. There will be a BATTLE ROYAL. And the winner of this special event will become the new AWA World Heavyweight Champion! This belt will then be defended on AWA Championship Wrestling.

Ricky Steamboat remains the AWA Universal Champion, and will continue to defend that belt across the world. As AWA Universal Champion, Ricky Steamboat is the only superstar permitted to wrestle on both AWA Championship Wrestling AND Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV. This is the privilege of the Universal champion. Indeed, he is able to defend the belt in ANY promotion across the world, as he has done in the past month.

Solie: Nick Bockwinkel, these are extraordinary proclaimations. Historic.

Bockwinkel: Indeed they are Mr. Solie. But there are some other changes, you see. Since I am the new President of the AWA, the vacant position of VICE President of the AWA has been filled by ... Mr. Bill Watts! Bill, come out here.

Watts: Why thank you Nick. I'm honoured to be the new Vice President of the AWA.

Bockwinkel: Since I am a very busy man, Mr. Watts will see to the day-to-day affairs here on AWA Championshp Wrestling. Bob Caudle will take over the co-hosting duties since Mr. Watts is now responsible for many areas of administration. Although, if he so chooses, he may still appear in the booth from time to time. I have also appointed an AWA COMMISSIONER for Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV. But I cannot yet reveal the identity of this man. I will announce this TOMORROW on MTV. Tune in then to find out who it is. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm a very busy man ...

*Bockwinkel leaves, Tazz and Watts both follow him both looking extremely pleased with themselves; both Solie and Caudle look totally stunned.*

AExXsKh.png

4lo63hY.png

2bsaQfs.png

UHsMg9j.png

PWT6Zle.png

In a planned spot, Abby loosened the turnbuckle and fell through it in dramatic fashion spraining his ankle in the process. Ring attendents had to fix the ring in the middle of the match. Various members of the Alliance Against America blatantly worked together throughout the match and conspired to ensure that they were left with a 4 vs. 1 situation against Bob Backlund at the end. Hopelessly outnumbered, Backlund managed to eliminate Koloff, Volkoff and Zangief but Iron Sheik managed to eliminate him cheaply while his back was turned after the Russians would not vacate the side of the ring.

CZYpnPf.png

*All of the members of the Alliance Against America celebrate together in the ring. Iron Sheik gets on the mic ...*

Iron Sheik: I am again world champion! Iran Number One! I am world champion! Like before I beat Mr. Bob Backlund! Make him humble! I beat you! The Alliance Against America come together! We beat all! Iran number one! Russia number one! I got Arab-Man Adnan Al-Kaissie. I got Russia-man Nikolai! Russia-man Ivan Koloff! Russia-man Victor Zangief! Turk-man Abdullah the Butcher!! I prove again I am world champion! Like I prove in Olympic in 72. Like I prove in 1983. IRON SHEIK FOREVER!!

nhbLRrD.png

In case you are wondering, yes, this means there is no a brand split between AWA and MTV brands. The next MTV show will feature a lot of debuts.

jrKUpX9.jpg

The MTV roster

Announcers:

Chris Cruise

Tazz

Backstage interviewer:

Miss Elizabeth

AWA Commissioner:

Tune in next time to find out!

Road Agents:

Bob Armstrong

Referees:

Bill Alfonso

Jerry Calhoun

Stables:

The Samoans led by Lou Albano:

Afa

Sika

Fatu

Samu

Kokina Maximus (aka Yokozuna)

The Boombox Brothers:

Butch Reed (leader)

Big Daddy V

2 Cold Scorpio

2 Fly Gemini (Norman Smiley)

Soulman SD Jones

The Orient Express:

Pat Tanaka

Akio Sato

Yakuza (Akira Maeda)

The Upper Crust:

Lord Steven Regal

Lord Alfred Hayes

Lord Jerry von Kramer

Singles:

Adrian Street

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Dave Finaly

El Dandy

Ken Shamrock

Matt Borne

Mike Awesome

Owen Hart

Ricky Morton

Rob Van Dam

Robbie Brookside

Sabu (with The Sheik)

Scott Hall

Shane Douglas

Sid Vicious

Steve Austin

The Druid (aka Tatanka)

The Extremist (aka Doug Furnas)

The Patriot

The Sandman

Jobbers:

Curtis Thompson

DJ Peterson

Iron Mike Sharpe

Randy Rose

Rip Oliver

Outlaw Ron Bass

jrKUpX9.jpg

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, May, Week 2, 91:

OC92XjE.jpg

Cruise: Hello, boys and girls, and welcome to SUNDAY NIGHT WRESTLING ON MTV!!! I'm here with my co-host, TAZZ!

Tazz: Well thank you Crispy Cruise, and I am delighted to be bringing you wrestling from MTV.

Cruise: That's CHRIS Cruise.

Tazz: If I say your name is "Crispy", it's "Crispy", you got it?

Cruise: Right, right, over now to AWA President, Mr. Nick Bockwinkel.

j5sc9TL.jpg

Bockwinkel: Thank you Mr. Cruise, and ladies and gentlemen, I am here to announce publically, by the power invested in my by the AWA Board of Directors. That the representative of the American Wrestling Alliance tasked with overseeing the law here on Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV is ...

He's a man with a long and distinguished history in this great sport ...

A living legend ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Bruno Sammartino!

Bruno: Well, thank you Nick, and thank you to all these good people.

Bockwinkel: What stance are you going to take, might I ask, as the new AWA Commissioner here on MTV?

Bruno: I like good, clean wrestling, you understand? I want to see more scientific wrestling. And I'm going to call it down the line, as I see it. If I see people breaking the rules, y'know, if I see people cheating. That's the sort of thing I will come down hard on. I made my career fighting fair and square in that ring, y'know, and I want to see all of the young up and comers following that example.

Bockwinkel: It's an admirable goal Mr. Sammartino, an admirable goal ...

Bruno: And as my first act as AWA Commissioner for MTV, I'd like to call out here please, the current MTV Heavyweight Champion, Lord Steven Regal. Come on out your lordship.

*Regal comes out making faces and looking shift. Lord Jerry von Kramer is with him*

Bruno: In recognition of you being the MTV champion, here is a NEW belt. Defend this with the honour and pride of a champion.

AQoU5g0.jpg

*Regal considers the new belt. He sees the "MTV" logo on it and grimmaces slightly. He looks at Lord von Kramer who shakes his head slightly in disdain. Regal mutters to himself, but accepts the belt and walks back down the aisle.*

Bruno: And secondly. Here are another new set of championships. The Brand New MTV Tag titles!

hfBiRDM.jpg

Bruno: These titles are currently have no holders. And there will be a tournament between the four highest ranked MTV teams to decide on who that will be. NEXT WEEK, I will announce who has qualified for this tournament.

Qhtxuo3.jpg

*Tribal drums seem to shake the building to its rafters. In a menacing war ritual, FIVE fearsome Samoans come down the aisle, including the huge Kokinka Maximum. They ae led by Capt. Lou Albano, who gets into the ring and takes the mic*

Albano: MTV! Hello MTV! Of course, right back to the days of David Wolff and Cyndi Lauper, I was instrumental on making this channel what it is today. It's good to be home. It's good to be back. I MADE MTV WHAT IT IS TODAY. And in the world of professional wrestling, I'm known the world over for managing TAG TEAM champions. And my original champions are right here with me. Afa and Sika, The Wild Samoans!

*Afa and Sika each seem to be chewing on some sort of chicken carcus*

Albano: But my old friends have been busy since you saw them before. They have been following their INSTINCTS if you get my drift! And lo and behold, Samu and Fatu! The Samoan Swat Team! Leading the family into Generation X! Into the MTV generation. The Generation CREATED by yours truly Lou Albano.

*The camera zooms on Kokinka Maximus*

Albano: And now behold my SECRET WEAPON, well, that's if anyone can keep a FIVE HUNDRED POUND beast of a man a secret. This is ... the man who put that runt Gagne Jr, what was his name? Greg, yeah Greg. That man who broke his leg and put him out of his misery ... Kokinka Maximums!!!

*Kokinka frowns and looks fearsome*

Albano: With this LEGION of Samoan warriors behind me, I will vow to capture all of the gold here in MTV, the place I built! Come on, I dare anyone to come and face these men!

h5m7FTN.jpg

ZrEJux3.jpg

TFOvfYx.jpg

WcofK1g.jpg

A Cuppa with Lord Al

Lord Al: This week, there is no guest. Sometimes I like to enjoy the peace and quiet of a nice cup of tea and ruminate on the success of my good friend, Lord Steven Regal, the MTV Heavyweight Champion.

*Lord Al sits and sips tea for several moments, enjoying himself. He then remembers the cameras are still rolling.*

Lord Al (scrambling): Oh, ahem, uh, yes, over now back to the action.

hbrJUMP.jpg

2NNZLiR.jpg

Well that totally bombed ... I might have to adjust some of my settings for the MTV brand. I'm not sure if "risque" is what I want, probably more towards "cult". It might take time to build up some of these youngsters, and Regal might not be yet ready to carry a main event like this. Need to keep building him and others up.

7CjuuIh.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, May, Week 3, 91:

q6I3hql.png

56fkcA2.png

Pity the Fool

*Mr. T interviews Bob Backlund about his recent his recent run-ins with the Alliance Against America, and the Iron Sheik's title win last week. Backlund is backing Marcus Bagwell to beat the Iron Sheik in his title shot tonight*

*The Orient Express, Tanaka and Sato, have a new member: Yakuza. He's dressed in a very sharp suit, and it appears he's going to wrestle in his shirt and tie.*

LQpcNja.png

3bLzf2c.png

Iron Sheik even had to cheat badly to beat Bagwell.

t6hoeAQ.png

Setting up for Backlund vs. Iron Sheik at PPV.

wq5SVQM.png

Tremendous match!

tgM8Apx.png

Things ticking along okay. You'll notice Steamboat is not on these shows. He's doing a bit of AWA Universal Champ touring. Faced Mutoh in Japan for NJPW (92) and Konnan in Mexico for CMLL (83). He can come and have 4.5+ star matches for me soon.

-------

7CjuuIh.png

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, May, Week 3, 91:

S6MRdYL.png

So maybe putting Akira Maeda in a suit, calling him "Yakuza" and having him join the Orient Express wasn't the best idea I ever had?

cUwroJx.png

Match was no better. It's going to take Maeda some time to get over with the US audience.

sfsd9a3.png

*Miss Elizabeth is standing in the locker room ready to interview Butch Reed, who has a ghettoblaster over one shoulder playing loud music. The track booming out is "New Jack Hustler" by Ice T.*

Elizabeth: Butch, would you mind turning that down so we can do our interview?

Reed: For you lady, o' course.

Elizabeth: Well Butch Reed, thank you. How do you feel to be working on the new MTV brand of wrestling?

Reed: I am thrilled, y'know'what I'm sayin'. I am DOWN with MTV, yo. And I done gone called all my homies, and they is all thrilled too. Ain't that right 2 Cold? Ain't that right 2 Fly? Come on in from the hood boys.

*Elizabeth smiles innocently as she is suddenly surrounded by five muscle-bound black men: Reed himself, 2 Cold Scorpio, 2 Fly Gemini, Big Daddy V and "Soulman" SD Jones.*

Reed: Miss Elizabeth, yo, lemme introduce you to the whole crew, you down with that?

Elizabeth: Well alright Butch ...

Reed: This here is 2 Cold Scorpio. He is one bad mofo. He an do a double twist in the air and still somersault on the way down. You ain't NEVER seen a bad ass bro like 2 Cold before yo. And now, and now, this is 2 Fly Gemini! You ain't never seen a guy fly like Gemini. And then, let's go OLD SCHOOL yo, this is the SOULMAN, he brings soul to this group. And, finally, Big Daddy V. Ain't no brother ever gonna wanna mess with V. I seen him take a man's head before and crush it just like a grape. You know why? Some fella was tryin' a steal his Twinkie! Don't never try to take the man's twinkie from him. Ha ha ha ha. And we, we roll from town to town, and people say "there go them BOOMBOX BROTHERS. You know why? Cos we is banging Ice T hard in '91 yo! Come on, let's bring that New Jack Hustle back to the boom. YEAH.

*Reed puts the volume right back up as "New Jack Hustler" plays loud from the boombox. 2 Cold and 2 Fly nod their heads. SD Jones shows he still has some rhythm and Big Daddy V doesn't move from behind his shades.*

Incidentally, here are those tournament brackets Bruno promised:

59X9T51.png

VHv0unA.png

Regal's matches have been very poor of late.

tzwM2ZY.png

Not as bad as this though ...

ZJ5pgpN.png

At least the fireball was a little more over.

gJ2G97r.png

Simply put, an atrocious show.

2UL9MgH.png

The MTV brand has been pretty dismal so far. Partly it's because no one is over.

Ai9xtzV.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, May, Week 4, 91:

LW1LAEL.png

NY2L6qm.png

LyGk6Pn.png

WnwdHiY.png

LQZVD6j.png

Must remember to fire Big Daddy at some point. Useless now I'm not running the UK shows.

GN4DgiT.png

d9tIXaU.png

Highest rated segment I've ever seen.

rkzf2Wp.png

The Mega Bucks reuniting went down a storm here.

IbNUXhz.jpg

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, May, Week 4, 91:

oVidq8h.png

xs5LgQ0.png

Oh dear, oh dear. Yakuza is going to get over whether this crowd like it or not!

vmv6oy0.png

Pv4Dly3.png

This match was a disaster. Especially because of this:

5XCia9f.png

Fto581o.png

Weak ass main event, but the PPV is on right after, so this is kind of a warm up show.

9ct6u8c.png

I tried to prop up this awful card with a hype video for Ted vs. Steamer. Even the hotness of that story couldn't really save this shitstorm.

qAHPtPh.png

Supercard at the Superdome, May, Week 4, 91:

So for PPV events, both AWA and MTV brands can have matches on the same card. At least for the time being.

KMvIXqR.png

SD Jones getting a title shot in 1991 is something. Regal's best match for a while too.

xki74tL.png

In one of those wrestling decisions that makes no sense, Bruno subs the SSTs with The Wild Samoans, cos, y'know, what's the difference?

MITmSAW.png

Yakuza will get over whether they like it or not! [/Vince Sr]

LeafUyU.png

Neither Martel nor Sanatana were happy about this, but I need them as singles guys. I also might send Martel over to MTV to feud with Regal a bit. MTV needs more over workers in general.

gK0m9eS.png

DNQcVQl.png

Finish here was the Adnan throws in the towel and the ref calls for the bell as if Backlund submitted. Call-back to 83.

fRDuMsn.png

Steamer goes into the match with his ribs taped after the Andre attack.

YoxwyUA.png

Best match put on by this company so far. Steamer is on absolute fire having 3-4 classics every week in different companies. He's having a 1985-Flair sort of run.

DL6N40D.png

A card almost entirely propped up by its main event. And that was the blow off. Ongoing concerns are building up MTV brand, which has gotten off to a v. poor start and making something more exciting happen on the undercard.

Three big pieces of backstage news.

First, that bastard Inoki booked Muta to win the AWA Unversial title with no warning ...

RkkOiUr.png

Second, I've offered Flair a HUGE contract after seeing this news ...

bplI1fR.png

Third, I've bought out ACW as a developmental territory. I've picked up a number of promising youngsters to harness their talents down there:

9N9ffiH.png

LDaLjMK.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, June, Week 1, 91:

MBWlxC1.png

This was a dark match.

sUrquRi.png

Also a dark match.

n2mzD7K.png

Solie *grave*: Ladies and Gentlemen. There is a new AWA Universal Champion. Two nights ago in Kobe World Hall, Kinki, Japan, Keiji Mutoh, otherwise known as The Great Muta, defeated Ricky the Dragon Steamboat to become the new champion. Word out of Japan is that it was a classic enounter: an extremely gruelling match that took a lot out of both men.

Caudle: Well, Gordon, I'm in shock.

Solie: But that is not all. The Great Muta is here TONIGHT. As part of AWA rules, a losing champion is entitled to a rematch within 30 days of losing the belt. Ricky Steamboat has immediately triggered this and The Great Muta has granted a rematch TONIGHT on AWA Championship Wrestling.

Caudle: An AWA Universal title match, between the Great Muta and Ricky Steamboat here? Tonight? By golly, Gordon, that's something.

Solie: Stay tuned folks.

CRKOtGx.png

vMoxGBZ.png

8c20Jfh.png

If Inoki does that again, he will be expelled from the alliance.

y8azkrV.jpg

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, June, Week 1, 91:

CPMVKm1.png

*Butch Reed is walking through a smokey urban street, mist seems to be everywhere coming up through the sewers. Reed has a ghettoblaster over one shoulder. Music that sounds suspicously like Run DMC and Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" but isn't quite it plays out. Reed seems to spot someone. He cups his hand to his mouth to call over to them.

Reed: Hey, 2 Cold. Hey 2 Fly!

*2 Cold Scorpio backflips into the scene. 2 Fly Gemini strolls into view.*

Reed: Hey Soulman! Hey Big Daddy V!

*SD Jones dances down the street. Big Daddy V comes out of a building. The beat gets louder and ... Reed starts to rap to it.*

YobEgKf.jpg
Reed:
Call me Boombox Butch, call me Boombox Reed
I pack more punch than Apollo Creed
I'll put you down with my powerslam
We're the Boombox Brothers and we don't give a DAMN!

VqmNliz.jpg
2 Cold:
Too hot to handle, but too cool for school
I come off the top, but I don't break the rules
Three-quarter twist as I spin through the air,
We're the Boombox Brothers and we just don't care!

0FCJXV6.jpg
2 Fly:
Just 'cause I'm from England it don't mean I can't rhyme
I fly through the air and I fly down the line
I got the World in Motion just like John Barnes
We're the Boombox Brothers and we don't give a darn!

0ZNo6FN.jpg
Jones:
I got a Special Delivery, it's called VICTORY
Boy my history ain't no mystery
My head hits harder than a 62-yarder
The Soulman brother ain't no midcarder
Yo, I ain't gonna slow down, I got my flow down,
I tell all the ladies come on and go down
You know you want to just a little bit
We're the Boombox Brothers and we don't give a ....

c0iFb4K.jpg
Big Daddy V:
I'm the Daddy mack, here come the black attack
I go "wack wack, boom, boom, clack, clack"
Let me hear it: "wack, wack, boom, boom, clack, clack.
Yeah: "wack, wack, boom, boom, clack clack"
Wack, wack, boom, boom, bam, bam

All:
We're the Boombox Brothers and we don't give a DAMN!!!!!!!

VSgk4J5.png

DJ Petersen seems to be the worst guy ever.

oCf9mkk.png

t8pnS5N.png

Yakuza. Will. Get. Over.

T3FUY0Z.png

This MTV product sucks. I need to send over some established talent and soon.

ac1Cko9.png

Gonna have to tweak MTV brand so I don't keep getting this "dangeous spot" note.

Czb7yaB.png

Another terrible MTV show in the books.

• 2 weeks later...

First, a word on the locker room. It is up from the lows of 0% after all of the firings, plus bringing in a lot of fresh new faces. Still far from ideal, but not as toxic as it was. Honkytonk Man going seems to have helped a lot.

En9XHJq.png

Second, it appears that my talks to bring in Ric Flair stalled. Didn't seem to get very far. He still hasn't signed a new contract with WCW, so there is still hope. But I somehow doubt he's going to sign for me. :(

LDaLjMK.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, June, Week 2, 91:

HnLMdK4.png

wB0UNYP.png

unROBKk.png

Pity the Fool

Mr. T: S'up suckas. Tonight, I have two very special guests. The AWA Vice President for Championship Wrestling, Mr. Bill Watts, and the AWA Vice President for Wrestling on MTV, Mr. Bruno Sammartino. They are here on "Pity the Fool" to discuss some very important business. Gentlemen, let me hand it over to you. Mr. Watts.

Watts: Well thank you Mr. T. And, first of all, let me just say that me and Bruno Sammartino go way, way back into the 1960s. Some older fans will remember we didn't always see eye to eye, ain't that right Bruno?

Bruno: Ha ha, that's right, Bill. But look at us now, Vice Presidents of the AWA.

Watts: And that's why we are gathered today. Bruno has been in touch with my office, and he's looking to make some TRADES.

Mr. T: Ya mean ... wrestlers can move from Championship Wrestling to MTV or the other way?

Watts: That's exactly right. But it all needs to be ratified by the AWA board and signed by both myself and Bruno.

Bruno: And after some long negotiations, we have made our first trade, Rick Martel will be moving to the MTV brand!

Mr. T: What about his tag-team partner, Tito Santana?

Watts: I'm afraid we could not ratify that one, he will stay right here on AWA Championship Wrestling!

Mr. T: So Strike Force is no longer a team?

Bruno: Well ya know, sometimes in life these things happen. Rick and Tito, we spoke to them, and they've decided to pursue their own individual interests for now.

Watts: That means I have one trade in reserve. I have chosen to keep hold of this for now. Watch this space to see who might be coming over from the MTV brand in the future.

wFkawjv.png

FSmtS1e.png

Ted had one stray appearance left on his contract. I wanted him to lose a "Loser Leaves Town" match to Bagwell, but he refused to do the job and as part of the talent deal has automatic creative control to block things he doesn't want to do. So instead, he's just going out on a high note.

V7YfcRW.png

AofXxLd.png

y8azkrV.jpg

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, June, Week 2, 91:

E8Rh9W7.png

Debut for Jericho.

UoUN59w.png

Debut for Benoit.

uTyo058.png

Incdentally, a lot of these guys doing jobs are being brought in on one-night local deals.

TKD20wg.png

Debut for Owen. I need to get these younger guys over as soon as possible to stop this MTV show being such a shower of shit.

Zin17Vm.png

A Cuppa with Lord Al

Lord Al: My guest this week is the newest superstar here on MTV: Mr. Rick Martel!

Martel: Thank you, your Lordship.

Lord Al: And the question on everyone's lips is: just why have you come over here to MTV? It's not just to listen to that awful rap Butch Reed and co play is it?

Martel: One thing and one thing alone: I've had enough of watching that no good Lord Steven Regal!! I'm going to be the new MTV champion!

Lord Al: By gosh! Lord Regal is my friend and associate!

*Regal who seems to have been lurking saunters in with Lord von Kramer ...*

Lord Regal: You? You MTV champion? Well just look at yourself man. Those long locks. You're more suited to being ... a model than a wrestler.

Lord von Kramer: And listen to that accent.

Martel: Are you making fun of me?!

Lord von Kramer: Oh I see, you are just a pretty face, as they say ... no brains.

Martel (*getting fired up*): What did you say?!

Lord Regal: He said, "why don't you beat it sunshine, or your face isn't going to be looking pretty for much longer!"

*Martel leaps at Regal who back off. But manages to get his hands on Lord von Kramer who he puts in a hammerlock.*

Lord von Kramer: Help! Somebody! Get this hoodlum off of me!

Lord Al: I say! Rick Martel! Do you mind?!

*Lord Al goes over to try to restrain Martel, but he doesn't let go, but as he is fending off Lord Al, Regal sneaks around the back and lays him out with the MTV title! Lord Al lays in some stomps of his own. Lord von Kramer looks traumatized*

Martel has been brought over to help carry the main event. Regal is getting more over now, but still can't do it alone.

9eLjg6L.png

dHJ7sAY.png

MTV is still a sub-par show, but in time it should start getting better.

LDaLjMK.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, June, Week 3, 91:

fJVSPsi.png

mgHckHZ.png

Youngbloods in one a one-night deal.

DtjfUhc.png

One-night deal for Black Bart.

zZE1QF5.png

Pity the Fool

Mr. T: S'up suckas, you may have noticed that my associate here, Booker T, been getting bigger and stronger every week. He wants to go all the way to the top! And with my help, I think he's gonna do just that. Ain't that right Booker?

Booker T: It sure is! Dig it! SUCKA!

IUkypXO.png

oFtGNBm.png

fPL1GjY.png

y8azkrV.jpg

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, June, Week 3, 91:

sMG2jv1.png

Cruise: Good evening and welcome to Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV! This week coming from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City!

Tazz: Yo my back yard, the Big Apple! And we're very excited ain't we Crispy, because the lovely Miss Elizabeth has an exclusive interview with the AWA Universal champeen Ricky Steamboat!

Cruise: And that's not all! Rick Martel will be having his first match here on MTV, after the heinous attack last week by Lord Steven Regal.

Tazz: And the MTV tag champeens, The Orient Express will be defending their titles here.

Cruise: Don't miss a minute.

Tazz: Don't leave your seats

Cruise: Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV!

bSgC9gh.png

VaCM5Vb.png

Elizabeth: Hello everyone, it is my pleasure to introduce to you the AWA Universal champion ... Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat!

Steamboat: Well thank you Miss Elizabeth and I'm happy to be here in New York on MTV! And speaking to such a lovely lady!

Elizabeth (smiling): And I'm happy to be speaking to you, Ricky.

Steamboat: As the AWA Univer ...

*Steamboat is suddenly smashed across the back with a chair. It's ... RANDY SAVAGE!! He drags Elizabeth back*

Savage: Elizabeth! Yeah! You get back. I saw him! Eyes all over you!

*Savage smashes Steamboat with the chair once more and does an elbow drop. Liz looks concerned but also frightened. Savage attacks Steamboat with the chair once more. Steamboat is now convulsing on the floor. Security officers try to prise the chair from Savage. EMTs come to tend to Steamboat who is stretchered from the arena into an ambulance*

This iteration of the Steamboat vs. Savage feud should be HOT.

3bSd76T.png

Hotter than 2 Fly and 2 Cold at any rate ... Super Destroyers on a one-night deal.

vdxiKbr.png

"The Extremist" is Doug Furnas as a wrestler who loves to take things "to the extreme", this is MTV so that's eXteme!

sdYPayQ.png

Martel picked up a concussion I didn't know about, so plans for the Regal vs. Martel feud are going to have to wait a few weeks. This is one way of writing him out for a while. He can run through the Samoans on his way to Regal. Maybe Regal and Captain Lou can strike a deal.

NJZBfGQ.png

Regal has gotten a whole lot better in recent weeks.

ThCMP0t.png

Best MTV show to date.

LDaLjMK.png

AWA Championship Wrestling, June, Week 4, 91:

nUBLMuW.png

Solie: Welcome to AWA Championship Wrestling. This week coming from the Knoxville Civic Auditorium.

Caudle: We have an update on the condition of the AWA Universal Champion, Ricky Steamboat who is recovering from injuries sustained from an attack by the Macho Man Randy Savage. Discretionary viewing is advised. Women and children, you may wish to cover your eyes, because some of these scenes may cause distress.

Solie: Footage comes courtest of Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV.

*Video replay of Savage attack on Steamboat.*

Solie: Steamboat is said to be recovering quickly from the wounds and should be back in action in time for the Supercard on MTV next Tuesday! AWA President Nick Bockwinkel has issued the contract for Macho Man Randy Savage to face Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat at that event, which you can watch on MTV or on the Omni network in Canada.

3MKrPMx.png

I've taken to using this one-night local jobbers on all cards now.

ZB4CZ2i.png

*Vignette of Mr. T taining Booker T. Here, Mr. T has Booker out on a running track and is making him to sprints. He can be heard saying things like "Faster sucka!" and "Come on, you can go quicker fool!"*

YfFUjdR.png

drq2wlk.png

5aqnfnc.png

bjs9OWn.png

ZdmyJdb.png

Tito has joined Backlund and Bagwell in the permenant struggle against the Alliance Against America.

qw8DnBV.png

y8azkrV.jpg

Sunday Night Wrestling on MTV, June, Week 4, 91:

MUMqTQg.png

Cruise: Tonight is the night of the Supercard on MTV and this is a very special event. We are here at the Richmond Colisieum and you could cut the atmosphere with a knife.

Tazz: Jam-packed to the rafters here, indeed. And before the big event, first of all we've got a great card for you tonight, and remember this will be shown again on Sunday night in our regular slot!

Cruise: It's going to be Randy Savage taking on Ricky Steamboat for the AWA Universal title. Tonight and it's LIVE!

An1ueBu.png

Bkved1t.png

XlWRVFA.png

Yes, this has been a sickeningly thin card. But jobber matches are required to establish young talent!

dh1BWnq.png

2 Cold and 2 Fly aren't getting over. It's starting to be an issue.

HfAdmdH.png

*Bruno Sammartino comes out and announces to the crowd that there is a very special guest scheduled to be here tonight, a friend of Rick Martel's who will be facing Kokina Maximas on the supercard!*

XH0aCgX.png

It's a good job MTV have high levels of patience.

---------------------

AQ6rv7Q.png

Supercard on MTV, June Week 4, 91:

fzV2Ipw.png

Tag titles in the opener!

jiQwXmm.png

For those paying attention, 2 Cold and 2 Fly are actually working triple duty tonight.

rtzWmzL.png

SD Jones: The first man in history to challenge for both the AWA title and the MTV title in the same year.

g3RDphH.png

The surprise participant was Bret Hart! In on a one-night only loan deal from WWF.

YID8Fc6.png

QHFRlQW.png

*The plucky young Owen Hart rushes out to tend to his injured brother and to ward off Kokinka Maximus. There are tearful scenes as Bret is stretched out of the arena. Owen looks beside himself with anger at Captain Lou Albano and Kokina Maximus.*

This triggers an Owen Hart vs. Samoans feud which should run over most of the summer.

V0WnCwS.png

Q3A3b9p.png

aN5zpwi.png

iYuBrqw.png

Whatever you make of the booking so far, you have to admit that this is a darn sight better than Ricky Steamboat's actual 1991.

Oh shit, I must have forgotten to pick a winner and the decided between them that Calypso Jim would win. Damn. I was in a rush.

Calypso Jim is a guy who would also sometimes wrestled as Bobo Brazil Jr.

Also, it's kinda difficult with Regal, it's odd to have myself interfering to help him win matches, but somehow even stranger to have the ancient Lord Al physically involved. I am thinking about transitioning both myself and Lord Al into the commentary booth, and sticking the young Tazz in the ring.

Ha, hate it when that happens. Had the same thing when I'd been booking Mason Ryan/Rob Terry as my all-conquering Welsh power team....then forgot to book them to win their tag title match, meaning they lost in 2 minutes rather than squashing the champions. Furious.

Well, given that yourself, Regal and Hayes are all lords, it does seem awfully vulgar that you have to get physically involved. Surely times aren't so hard that Lord Regal can't afford some staff to prevent you having to sully yourself in this manner.

• 2 months later...