Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 8/29-9/4

Strummer

Ok ok OK PEOPLE ! J'ai rien dit ! Putain… :)

Well, he's still the first UNIVERSAL champion from Montreal. (and don't give me shit about Koloff being champ in WWC. Everybody knows this doesn't matter. The WWE Universal title is the only one, ever.)

Do we need to say more about Stephy "This is a woman revolution" bullshit on Monday ? Or don't we ? (ah, beaten by a few seconds)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heel indie spot monkey revered as if he's Misawa as he's given the belt must be a new low in the history of this great sport.

Yes. A talent that has earned the top spot of every other promotion he's worked for getting that opportunity to do it in the biggest company of his chosen field is the shits.

Yea the "I will go to any lengths to avenge my brother" line from Steph was a real "WTF?" moment for me when I was half listening to that promo. That whole segment was a big waste of time and didn't seem to accomplish anything though. Well, other than making me laugh when Steph trolled the crowd chanting ECW by reminding them that she bought it from Heyman.

Why is she demanding that Paul come out and apologize for something she doesn't care about? Why have another segment of her flexing on someone who can't fight back (either in storylines or for real) just to set up another segment eventually where she reveals it was part of her brilliant plan to book Shane-Brock?

Stephanie already fined Brock a measly $500. The whole point is that she's being insincere. How is that not translating? She's feigning concern.

Yes that's clearly the idea but I don't think it was quite portrayed that way in the segment. Steph had her serious face on instead of smarmy one. The writing was bad too

After the end of the show I left thinking maybe Steph accepting Heyman's final apology was legit and thus if there's really some war brewing with Haitch, she has Heyman and Brock in her corner. To what end I don't know.

Most likely, it was a waste of time segment designed to kill time and prompt Shane to act hard on SD to move towards the match.

Well, he's still the first UNIVERSAL champion from Montreal. (and don't give me shit about Koloff being champ in WWC. Everybody knows this doesn't matter. The WWE Universal title is the only one, ever.)

Do we need to say more about Stephy "This is a woman revolution" bullshit on Monday ? Or don't we ? (ah, beaten by a few seconds)

Fun fact there has never been an Amiercan Universal Champion.

Heel indie spot monkey revered as if he's Misawa as he's given the belt must be a new low in the history of this great sport.

Yes. A talent that has earned the top spot of every other promotion he's worked for getting that opportunity to do it in the biggest company of his chosen field is the shits.

Never change, smart fans, never change.

Fun fact there has never been an American Universal Champion.

:)

Well, if you believe Stephy, Kevin Owens is the *first* Universal Champion. So I guess that Finn fella never won it. Like, a week ago.

Your gimmick is more to take something that was said one time (about Stephanie vitriol being rooted in misogyny) or a handful of times in a short period of time (in the case of labeling you 90s guy) and continue to rant about it for the next 11 years. :)

That's what we call a running gag. It's kinda like the old giant swing, it only gets really good when it's absurdly long. ;)

So, here's how it's gonna go down...

HHH/NXT invasion storyline on Raw, Steph enlists the held of Lesnar and Heyman, the storyline gets dragged 'til Wrestlemania where Lesnar beats the NXTguys in a... let's say, 10 on 1 handicap match.

The next night on Raw, Trips sees the failure of his ways and makes up with Steph, which leads to her cutting the bonds with Lesnar and Heyman, who are, justifiedly so, upset and demand retribution.

This leeads to SummerSlam 2017, where in the main event Steph BEATS Lesnar clean in the middle of the ring anfter 4 Pedigrees, thus avenging the SummerSlam loss her husband took (then) 5 years ago.

The infinitely better finish was just put the belt on HHH. Just go all the way. Do the Hollywood 97 gimmick show up here and there. Tell everyone to worship the ground you walk on.

But wrestling twitter already does that.

"You Deserve It", chant the fans at the heel, who just won when somebody else ran in and did all the work.

Wrestling psychology is just fucked.

This is why I want this year's WrestleMania to end with Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns for the title. Let Strowman end up squashing Owens for the belt and Reigns wins the Royal Rumble again to set it up. I'm going full on JVK mode here, I don't want the current WWE crowds to be happy when they're so fucking shitty.

The only flaw with an NXT invasion style gimmick is it would pit HHH vs Steph. Given the life-imitates-art nature of pro wrestling, it would be funny if he ended up Kevin Sullivan-ing himself.

Other than the other flaw of every WWE invasion angle ever being booked to fail after the first week, that is.