Pro Wrestling Only

How much work and time does a great or perfect match need?

GOTNW

Actually it wasn't all worked out in 1989. Jewett's criticism of the 5/89 match online was in the late 90s. Tabe probably has been talking about his thoughts on the finish for just as long, if not longer.

It was rather clear in the discussion that what I was referring to was after 1989 and prior to now.

I get that your concept of opinion is that there was only two points: Original Criticism and Whenever Parv First Watched/Read/Listened To It And Formed An Opinion. The later especially if you have a contrary opinion and try to claim originating it, even if the ground has been covered before.

To get this back to the original question, I was bored today and decided to see how this time thing plays out in reality. Simply, I took a list of my best ever matches, and looked at how long they went (to the nearest minute):

1. 23 mins

2. 27 mins

3. 56 mins

4. 9 mins

5. 12 mins

6. 30 mins

7. 29 mins

8. 31 mins

9. 24 mins

10. 18 mins

11. 7 mins

12. 20 mins

13. 34 mins

14. 13 mins

15. 18 mins

16. 20 mins

17. 27 mins

18. 24 mins

19. 28 mins

20. 23 mins

21. 56 mins

22. 25 mins

23. 12 mins

24. 15 mins

25. 8 mins

10-19 mins: 6

20-29 mins: 11

30+ mins: 5

I think the only interesting thing to note is the lack of matches above 34 mins, besides the two hour long ones. I assume for people who are into things like NWA Title matches and AJPW epics, theirs would skew a lot more towards the 30-45 min range. Whereas WWE epics tend to max out at the 30 min mark.

But of course, this is just a small sampling since there are many, many more matches I consider great, some over an hour long and some less than 2 minutes. So again, greatness takes as long as it takes.

I would consider jdw a friend and would for the last 15+ years. I think the shit parv is allowed to get away with is ridiculous and he drags this entire board down.

Same thing here. At some point, you just have to draw a fucking line."You don't deserve love or happiness in your life". Seriously ?