Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes I forget that there's an entire generation of wrestling fans who only know WWE as the only game in town and forget the grimy shit Vince (and every other promoter if we're being honest) would do to fuck over the competition.

Then I see people get Very Mad Online at Dave for saying "of course WWE is doing the Evolve thing to counter program AEW", as if even the suggestion would sully Vince's character.  

Then I also saw a few of those people get their minds blown when Dave broke it to them that two of the Big Four WWF shows were invented just to mess with JCP's PPV money.

To paraphrase my man Mark Henry, when it comes to how Vince deals with competition THATS WHAT HE DO.

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Sometimes I forget that there's an entire generation of wrestling fans who only know WWE as the only game in town and forget the grimy shit Vince (and every other promoter if we're being honest) would do to fuck over the competition.

Then I see people get Very Mad Online at Dave for saying "of course WWE is doing the Evolve thing to counter program AEW", as if even the suggestion would sully Vince's character.  

Then I also saw a few of those people get their minds blown when Dave broke it to them that two of the Big Four WWF shows were invented just to mess with JCP's PPV money.

To paraphrase my man Mark Henry, when it comes to how Vince deals with competition THATS WHAT HE DO.

EVOLVE isn't JCP or anything close though.

Look at their how they've drawn over their history. Their Youtube views and social media engagement is worse than any indy of any prominence. 

Sweating this one makes Meltzer seem like an even a bigger AEW supporter. 

He's not "sweating" anything, he's just pointing out that using the Evolve show as counter programming to a competitor's shows is basic Vince McMahon 101 behavior. 

If anything, it was Kenny Omega who came off looking sweaty by complaining on Twitter about WWE running against their charity show. You wanted to come at the king, don't be surprised when he goes to his old reliable bag of tricks. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

He's not "sweating" anything, he's just pointing out that using the Evolve show as counter programming to a competitor's shows is basic Vince McMahon 101 behavior. 

Yep. And a really petty move considering this is a charity event for victims of gun violence... Anyway, this is gonna be that way with the Network.

Has anyone seen a show from Northeast Wrestling? They appear to run indy shows in the area, particularly at minor league ballparks. They're running at PNC Field here August 18th, advertising Jon Moxley, Dustin Rhodes, Funaki, Renee Young, Enzo and Cass (ugh), Jerry Lawler, Darby Allin, Rhyno, Teddy Long. Seems interesting enough, they've come around before but I don't know what kind of reputation they have overall.

16 hours ago, Al said:

Has anyone seen a show from Northeast Wrestling? They appear to run indy shows in the area, particularly at minor league ballparks. They're running at PNC Field here August 18th, advertising Jon Moxley, Dustin Rhodes, Funaki, Renee Young, Enzo and Cass (ugh), Jerry Lawler, Darby Allin, Rhyno, Teddy Long. Seems interesting enough, they've come around before but I don't know what kind of reputation they have overall.

Good shows all the time.  They book huge names and have some great matches.  Been going for quite a while.  Pretty much a super indy.  Their whole library is up on HighSpots.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Al said:

NEW has quietly drawn some of the biggest American indy attendance numbers of the last decade. They have done some big shows and had some really great matches. Hardys/Young Bucks from 2014 is probably my favorite tag match of the decade. Lawler is a regular but they always bring in fairly big names and the cards have decent variety. I'd go. 

Does it make me a bad person that every time I see the first name of the Democratic junior Senator from California, Ms. Harris, in print or online, I cannot help but mentally add "The Ugandan Headhunter"?

Does that happen to anyone else?

Also, I was a bit disappointed to learn that her husband's name is not "Husky."

22 hours ago, gordi said:

Does it make me a bad person that every time I see the first name of the Democratic junior Senator from California, Ms. Harris, in print or online, I cannot help but mentally add "The Ugandan Headhunter"?

At least you already knew her husband wasn’t Ron or Don.

22 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Has it been mentioned here yet? 2019 is the 30th anniversary of the formation of the Triple Crown Championship.

Considering I started watching Triple Crown matches in 1999, I feel old.

Just watched the Celtic Warriors Workout with Lana (and Rusev)... how in the hell these two aren't major stars on TV ? They are so funny. That abs workout at the end looks killer too, I might want to try that one out (it's gonna kill me, I'm sure).

On 7/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, gordi said:

I am really slow, I only realized today that Kamala's (the wrestler's) family name is Harris.