Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only
TravJ1979

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

Recommended Posts

Anytime someone questions the ability of Mike Mizanin, just remind them how over he got Sandow as his stunt double. Absolute miracle worker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I forget that there's an entire generation of wrestling fans who only know WWE as the only game in town and forget the grimy shit Vince (and every other promoter if we're being honest) would do to fuck over the competition.

Then I see people get Very Mad Online at Dave for saying "of course WWE is doing the Evolve thing to counter program AEW", as if even the suggestion would sully Vince's character.  

Then I also saw a few of those people get their minds blown when Dave broke it to them that two of the Big Four WWF shows were invented just to mess with JCP's PPV money.

To paraphrase my man Mark Henry, when it comes to how Vince deals with competition THATS WHAT HE DO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Twitter feud for the ages...

Shane Helms and comedian Ron Funches throw down about the history of racism in wrestling.

Click on the tweet for more in the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a white guy from North Carolina is arguing with a black guy about racism in pro-wrestling?

...not touching that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Sometimes I forget that there's an entire generation of wrestling fans who only know WWE as the only game in town and forget the grimy shit Vince (and every other promoter if we're being honest) would do to fuck over the competition.

Then I see people get Very Mad Online at Dave for saying "of course WWE is doing the Evolve thing to counter program AEW", as if even the suggestion would sully Vince's character.  

Then I also saw a few of those people get their minds blown when Dave broke it to them that two of the Big Four WWF shows were invented just to mess with JCP's PPV money.

To paraphrase my man Mark Henry, when it comes to how Vince deals with competition THATS WHAT HE DO.

EVOLVE isn't JCP or anything close though.

Look at their how they've drawn over their history. Their Youtube views and social media engagement is worse than any indy of any prominence. 

Sweating this one makes Meltzer seem like an even a bigger AEW supporter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not "sweating" anything, he's just pointing out that using the Evolve show as counter programming to a competitor's shows is basic Vince McMahon 101 behavior. 

If anything, it was Kenny Omega who came off looking sweaty by complaining on Twitter about WWE running against their charity show. You wanted to come at the king, don't be surprised when he goes to his old reliable bag of tricks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sek69 said:

He's not "sweating" anything, he's just pointing out that using the Evolve show as counter programming to a competitor's shows is basic Vince McMahon 101 behavior. 

Yep. And a really petty move considering this is a charity event for victims of gun violence... Anyway, this is gonna be that way with the Network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if anyone would risk potentially burning the bridge, but it would be fucking hilarious if one of the non-contracted talent on the Evolve show used that to shout at the camera and announce that they have signed to AEW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen a show from Northeast Wrestling? They appear to run indy shows in the area, particularly at minor league ballparks. They're running at PNC Field here August 18th, advertising Jon Moxley, Dustin Rhodes, Funaki, Renee Young, Enzo and Cass (ugh), Jerry Lawler, Darby Allin, Rhyno, Teddy Long. Seems interesting enough, they've come around before but I don't know what kind of reputation they have overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 2:50 AM, El-P said:

Yep. And a really petty move considering this is a charity event for victims of gun violence... Anyway, this is gonna be that way with the Network.

WWE should embrace their role, double down and have the show they're running in opposition be sponsored by the NRA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

WWE should embrace their role, double down and have the show they're running in opposition be sponsored by the NRA.

:lol:

Now, that would be some heeling up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Al said:

Has anyone seen a show from Northeast Wrestling? They appear to run indy shows in the area, particularly at minor league ballparks. They're running at PNC Field here August 18th, advertising Jon Moxley, Dustin Rhodes, Funaki, Renee Young, Enzo and Cass (ugh), Jerry Lawler, Darby Allin, Rhyno, Teddy Long. Seems interesting enough, they've come around before but I don't know what kind of reputation they have overall.

Good shows all the time.  They book huge names and have some great matches.  Been going for quite a while.  Pretty much a super indy.  Their whole library is up on HighSpots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Al said:

Has anyone seen a show from Northeast Wrestling? They appear to run indy shows in the area, particularly at minor league ballparks. They're running at PNC Field here August 18th, advertising Jon Moxley, Dustin Rhodes, Funaki, Renee Young, Enzo and Cass (ugh), Jerry Lawler, Darby Allin, Rhyno, Teddy Long. Seems interesting enough, they've come around before but I don't know what kind of reputation they have overall.

NEW has quietly drawn some of the biggest American indy attendance numbers of the last decade. They have done some big shows and had some really great matches. Hardys/Young Bucks from 2014 is probably my favorite tag match of the decade. Lawler is a regular but they always bring in fairly big names and the cards have decent variety. I'd go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×