Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

14 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I was just listening to an old podcast I did where we did a "Missy Hyatt fucked a lot of guys" joke and I cringed. I should have went with a "CM Punk was the Missy of the 2000's" but I failed.

It's okay. You tried. Tyson and JB would be proud of you.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/23/2020 at 12:50 PM, Ricky Jackson said:

Should've used the accent above the "e" in the title of the Hercules Ayala RIP thread @Edwin

Yeah, I noticed something similar happened to that Tessa Blanchard thread, also.

Is there mods or admins around this place anymore? Wonder where Loss and goodhelmet are? Seems like they lost interest in wrestling.

10 hours ago, Edwin said:

Yeah, I noticed something similar happened to that Tessa Blanchard thread, also.

Is there mods or admins around this place anymore? Wonder where Loss and goodhelmet are? Seems like they lost interest in wrestling.

To the best of my knowledge no-one mentioned or contacted an admin about the Tessa thread.  I, for one, was completely unaware of that until seeing this post (and have just seen it now).

*EDIT* I've deleted the Tessa thread as the question was subsequently re-asked in the Impact thread.  FWIW Mods can't access those threads either, not sure if Admin has the capability to.

As I've said previously and as NintendoLogic reaffirmed, for some reason the board can't cope with accents/diacritics in thread titles, they just make the thread inaccessible.  If there is a thread that has been started like that, contact someone to let us know.

I'm not on as often as I used to be but Paul is about regularly, so is goodhelmet.  I've not seen or heard anything from Charles for probably six months at the least (maybe more).

Another UFC PPV, another day of people calling in to my workplace asking how they can order it. ESPN is kind of doing a shit job making it clear people have to sign up for a proprietary streaming service to watch these shows, and it becomes my job to educate these people who then get pissed at me because they can't order it directly on their TVs.  Don't yell at me buddy, I may be a bald white guy but I'm not the one who made this deal.

On 2/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, sek69 said:

"Teddy Hart arrested on drug charges" coming in as a strong contender for Least Surprising Headline of 2020.

Bret should have banned him from using the Hart name two decades ago. He never made it anywhere and has a rap sheet a mile long. 

I mean, he *is* part of the family despite being an asshole, I don't think Bret could keep him from using it. Plus I get the feeling the family kind of has a blind spot for him since his brother died when he was young. It seems like he was allowed to do whatever he wanted ever since with little to no recourse.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I mean, he *is* part of the family despite being an asshole, I don't think Bret could keep him from using it. Plus I get the feeling the family kind of has a blind spot for him since his brother died when he was young. It seems like he was allowed to do whatever he wanted ever since with little to no recourse.

His last name isn’t even Hart though.

I like way it’s done in Mexico, where a famous family name has to be earned - such as Colibri eventually becoming Rey Misterio Jr. 

Teddy “Hart” hasn’t earned shit.

1 hour ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Can one of the mods please start a February match discussion folder 

Mods don't have the ability to, only Admin (or those with Admin privileges).

If you've a review for something in February, post it in January and I will move it over when a sub-forum is created.

11 minutes ago, GSR said:

Mods don't have the ability to, only Admin (or those with Admin privileges).

If you've a review for something in February, post it in January and I will move it over when a sub-forum is created.

Ok, cool. I was asking more for those who like to keep match discussion up to date rather than for myself. Tbh, I haven't seen a single match this month since I've been traveling and mostly without wi fi lol

I've put together a 2048-person wrestling tournament on facebook, and am looking for people to participate. I've included wrestlers from all eras (as long as at least some footage exists), all promotions and all styles, to be judged mainly on in-ring work. If anyone here is interested in taking part, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/135912000964202/?hc_ref=ARS3Os26pSnQlDmkNeuMwE74S5253hPdwhHQ1JSI76ozC4eLnZW5okazHvr4I8JfDpE&fref=gs&dti=135912000964202&hc_location=group

On 1/16/2020 at 8:46 AM, Al said:

Prowrestlinghistory.com posted on their site that they are going to stop updating their supercard listings and concentrate on other aspects. There are a lot of places to find results but that's a shame, having all Wrestlemanias for example on one page was extremely convenient and their's is one of the most readable sites.

Wow this is kinda sad. I have been going to this site since I was 8 years old in 1997. What I love about it is that it still looks exactly the same. It is such a warm, nostalgic feeling to see a website that looks the same since the late 90s and not only that it is so informative. He really has done a great job on such a wide variety of pro wrestling. Great website.

Another favorite website I found as a kid was Hisa's Wrestling-titles.com. I love how that has the same format and layout too. Just for nostalgia went back on both sites. Two of the greatest websites of all time. We are so lucky that pro wrestling adapted to the internet so quickly and really did a great job archiving information.

What are some of the other great websites from the 90s that are still around?