Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

31 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

Does that require an adapter to work on N64's outside of Japan? I still have mine and have thought about buying that game myself.

I saw a video that shows how to replace the back of the cartridge with one from a US game to get it to work.  Going to try that. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Edwin said:

Rollerball Rocco is one of my top 10 all-time favorites to watch in WoS, but his stuff as Black Tiger in New Japan doesn't really cut it for me. He had far better matches in the UK against Dynamite Kid, Marty Jones and even Chris Adams than his matches against Tiger Mask, Kantaro Hoshino and Kuniaki Kobayashi. From what I've seen, the most memorable match he had in New Japan was a match where he teamed with Peter Roberts against Tatsumi Fujinami and Gran Hamada and even then that wasn't that great. There's a match he had with Liger in New Japan that I haven't seen yet, but have queued up, but I don't have high expectations for it as they had a match in the UK and it wasn't memorable.

Isn't one of the Rocco vs. Yamada matches highly regarded? 

Who are the other guys in your top 10?

On 9/4/2020 at 5:02 PM, clintthecrippler said:

If we are assuming the that WWF Top 50 list was drafted between late 85 and summer 86 (I think I remember the final release date being more late Fall/early Winter 1986), Brian Blair did go back to Florida for six months at the end of 1984/early 1985 and had separate runs as Florida Heavyweight Champion AND Southern Heavyweight Champion, so it's possible on a "kayfabe" accomplishments level they weighted holding both the 1A and 1B singles championships for that territory as a reason to give Blair a higher individual ranking than Brunzell.

I think you got it right, Blair is seen more as a singles guy. People here are really underestimating Brunzelle. I may not be able to spell his name consistently, but he is really good.

Would anyone be interested in looking at old PWI ratings pages?

It went down two weeks ago or so, and then it went back up after a few hours. It would be nice to know what's going on, but just to say it might come back later

In any case there is still backups in... certain places where wrestling torrents of a extreme variety can be found. Not that I know anything of the sort, but there you go.

He's not *totally* wrong in that there's a much BIGGER and MORE DANGEROUS pandemic going on right now in the world : a pandemic of complete stupidity.

(I still don't get how those guys are "free thinkers" BTW. Saying dumb shit all the time doesn't make your thinking process more free, just stupid)

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

So how can the virus be real but the pandemic is somehow not? Who are these "best doctors" that only truly galaxy brained folks are aware of? I suppose I should take solace in the fact that it doesn't make any sense to me. 

A quick scroll down his mentions shows it's basically a conspiratorial way of saying the "it's just like the flu" talking point. Which is, of course, insane - the flu doesn't kill this many people, nor can it be spread so easily by people who are pre-symptomatic. Whatever, I'm sure he and Flip Gordon had fun conversations in the ROH bubble.

3 minutes ago, Log said:

What’s even scarier than Black and Gordon believing and sharing that bullshit is that there are people who will believe it because they shared it. That’s disturbing. 

Yeah, I mean, he makes fun of people following the Kardashians, but really, people believing this shit because Justin Gabriel from WWE said it takes a whole new level of non-thinking...

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Look Kim Kardashian is not an antivaxxer or a COVID truther. I'd rather listen to her than those bonehead pro wrestlers.

Plus she's raising awareness about the latest Armenian massacre that has been happening lately, so yeah, better her than idiot pro-wrestlers who don't believe in a worldwide pandemic.