Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

Saw on Reddit that the starter of the original sleaze thread was a poster named....Coach Tony K. Lol. I was reading through it (although I remember the CZW Fans version more than the DVDVR one) and actually a lot of it seemed to be true and a number of things in that thread ended up getting DSOTR episodes. Just want to believe that Tony Khan actually was the starter of the Sleaze Thread. 

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Saw on Reddit that the starter of the original sleaze thread was a poster named....Coach Tony K. Lol. I was reading through it (although I remember the CZW Fans version more than the DVDVR one) and actually a lot of it seemed to be true and a number of things in that thread ended up getting DSOTR episodes. Just want to believe that Tony Khan actually was the starter of the Sleaze Thread. 

I believe Kahn himself has confirmed that he was Coach Tony K. 

Thanks a lot! I absolutely didn't recognize him at all. This is a very young pic of him. It makes sense because he has a role in this movie as a granddad of one of the leads. Can't believe I missed this cute reference for 18 years!

Is there a definitive list of who was booking WWE ECW over its years? Was it Dusty who took over from Heyman and how long did he last? As a self-contained (more or less) show that did such a good job of building to TV main events and utilising everyone very well for the last two and a half years of it’s run, it has a lot of parallels with Dusty booked NXT so I was wondering how long he was booking it for.

Wrestling fans really need to stop comparing WWE to Nazi Germany, North Korea, slavery, concentration camps, etc.

I think the North Korea comparison I read was on here and I just rolled my eyes. Wrestling fandom is truly at peak point when it comes to toxicity.

It's gotten to the point folks are wishing death on a 70+ year old man for booking their favorite wrestlers in a way they disagree with and to the point of comparing him to Hitler and King Jong Un.

Ridiculous.

The internet & social media have made everyone become increasingly more & more outlandish. You can't just say "this sucks" because no one will care & it will be ignored. However, and you see this in sports television nowadays too with the likes of Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless, if you make a completely over-the-top comment, people might pay attention. You can't just say "LeBron James might not be in the best player in the NBA anymore" because no one will pay attention & it doesn't ruffle feathers. But if Skip Bayless says "LeBron James isn't in the top 20!" suddenly people will pay attention if just to tell him that he's wrong. 

It's the same with pro wrestling, especially from people on social media that have very small followings & want to get noticed. "I'm not sure if Vince McMahon has got it anymore" will be ignored & forgotten. "Vince McMahon is a cancer & I hope he dies" might get someone with a bigger following to quote tweet them to say they're sick & suddenly they're famous for a day.

Politics do the same thing.

It's sad but that's the world we live in right now. 

Speaking of, and I don't know if it was just for a bit or if he was being real, but apparently Cornette was asking on his show why law enforcement hasn't looked into Nick Gage's "Murder Death Kill gang" as if it was an actual gang that goes out and does violent crimes. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Speaking of, and I don't know if it was just for a bit or if he was being real, but apparently Cornette was asking on his show why law enforcement hasn't looked into Nick Gage's "Murder Death Kill gang" as if it was an actual gang that goes out and does violent crimes. 

It's Cornette. Dude is ootl of most things. He thinks it's a legit gang. It was sad and hilarious speaking on it as if it was a legit gang.

4 minutes ago, MoS said:

Murder Death Kill isn't even a Nick Gage exclusive phrase, I have seen it used in so many different non-wrestling contexts

First time I heard the phrase was in the Sylvester Stallone-Wesley Snipes-Sandra Bullock classic Demolition Man - 20+ years before Nick Gage.

6 hours ago, Edwin said:

It's Cornette. Dude is ootl of most things. He thinks it's a legit gang. It was sad and hilarious speaking on it as if it was a legit gang.

Listening now. It was a throwaway joke. Don't make it sound like something it wasn't. 

On 8/3/2021 at 2:13 PM, MoS said:

Thanks a lot! I absolutely didn't recognize him at all. This is a very young pic of him. It makes sense because he has a role in this movie as a granddad of one of the leads. Can't believe I missed this cute reference for 18 years!

Which movie is that?