TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/11/2022 at 11:37 PM, sek69 said:

NFTs are demonstrably worse, since it's the most obvious scam since the MLMs your former high school classmates push on Facebook. 90% of the people pushing them don't even understand what they are (you're literally just buying a receipt saying you spent money on something and nothing else) and the ones who do are just trying to get their cut before the masses get fleeced. 

On the other hand, cryptocurrency feels like a Ponzi-scheme and lots of them are straight scams (and Hit(man)coin was right there).

2 minutes ago, Kadaveri said:

Meltzer reporting that WWE may change the name of the Elimination Chamber PPV to "The Annual Elimination Chamber".

Plus they don't seem to see a problem with having a show called Elimination Chamber in SAUDI ARABIA. 

It did lead to an all timer from Dave who mentioned Auschwitz must have been under COVID protocol. 

I'm listening to Don Muraco on Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw. Muraco explained why he did the "eating a meatball sandwich while beating up Frank Williams "  thing it that match. They had given him Albano as his manager so he wanted to reflect the influence of his new manager, by being a gross slob. He said it was the worst heartburn he ever had.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Plus they don't seem to see a problem with having a show called Elimination Chamber in SAUDI ARABIA. 

It did lead to an all timer from Dave who mentioned Auschwitz must have been under COVID protocol. 

Just an aside: the Elimination Chamber PPV was called No Way Out on German TV for obvious reasons. When WWE reused the No Way Out PPV name in 2012, in Germany that one was called No Escape. Afterwards, they used the No Escape name for Elimination Chamber.

Is MVP “straight edge?  Doesn’t drink for religious reasons, or at least a regular non-drinker that just has a thing about consuming it?

I’m watching SummerSlam 2007, and he and Matt Hardy are scheduled for a drinking contest.  Naturally Steve Austin comes out and the segment ends with MVP eating a stunner and Austin does some beer bashes.

Thing is, MVP was the driest I’ve ever seen an Austin stunner victim that’s still in the ring as Austin does the whole bashing, toasting and chugging routine.  Not a single drop got poured on him!

49 minutes ago, SteveJRogers said:

Is MVP “straight edge?  Doesn’t drink for religious reasons, or at least a regular non-drinker that just has a thing about consuming it?

I’m watching the August 2007 Saturday Night’s Main Event, and he and Matt Hardy are scheduled for a drinking contest.  Naturally Steve Austin comes out and the segment ends with MVP eating a stunner and Austin does some beer bashes.

Thing is, MVP was the driest I’ve ever seen an Austin stunner victim that’s still in the ring as Austin does the whole bashing, toasting and chugging routine.  Not a single drop got poured on him!

He converted to Islam as a teenager and I guess that either stuck with him after he turned atheist (unsure of the date he denounced religion so perhaps he still was at that time) or he already had a hatred for alcohol because he lost friends to alcohol and drug abuse.

There was a podcast a few years ago where he said alcohol was a 'scourge'. 

23 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

I’m watching SummerSlam 2007, and he and Matt Hardy are scheduled for a drinking contest.  Naturally Steve Austin comes out and the segment ends with MVP eating a stunner and Austin does some beer bashes.

I've always wondered....they rename the German PPV, but what do they do about all of the banner and signage in the arena that says "ELIMINATION CHAMBER"? 

2 hours ago, Sean Reedy said:

Shoot, from a "getting Twitter likes" perspective, I picked the absolute wrong time to finally reach the point in my life where I realize Smoky Mountain is the greatest stuff ever and the peak of all that is good and just about pro wrestling.

Love the product overall but too many interferences and repetitive gimmicks. I love the entire RnR v. Heavenly Bodies feud so much though 

At it's very best, SMW is transcendent pro wrestling but, with the benefit of hindsight, you can definitely see Cornette edging toward the excesses and nonsense that makes his OVW booking unwatchable. Dirty White Boy though. You could definitely argue that, in terms of raw talent, Tracy Smothers got done the worst by Vince's second job jobbers gimmick but Tony Anthony got stunk with TL Hopper AND Uncle Cletus. That poor fucker.

It's enough to make one wonder what Bobby Blaze's new gimmick name would have been if he went to the WWF after Smoky. Surely the WWF could find some awful name for someone whose real last name is Smedley.

I guess the alternate universe scenario where Cornette doesn't try getting his SMW guys some WWF jobs involves Tony Anthony and Tracy Smothers working matches on Worldwide in 1996/1997.

As for Uncle Cletus.. Henry broke his neck, and then came back, before they brought a 3rd guy into the act months later, and they gave the 3rd guy a name that sorta gives me the impression that Dutch Mantel wasn't returning their phone calls and they had to pivot from bringing back Uncle Zebekiah to using a guy who was sorta knocking off Uncle Zebekiah, and then they dumped him after like a month.

Joey has been one of the more vocal people out there pointing out MLW pays their talent peanuts while Court jets around trying to broker deals like he's Vince and not a small time carny ass promoter. 

Also I've never heard anything about Janela hurting anyone, and accusing someone of being drunk on the job is pretty fucked up thing to do.

Not to mention MSL has kind of been a low key douchebag for a long ass time. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Joey has been one of the more vocal people out there pointing out MLW pays their talent peanuts while Court jets around trying to broker deals like he's Vince and not a small time carny ass promoter.

Court certainly is paying the WWE lawsuits lawyers big-ass money. Meanwhile, his MLZ Azteca "series" is like I said a bunch of Mexico tapings from last December with a few dimly-lighted vignette trying to look like LU, and it's not enough to make me care, despite Dario & Catrina being there...