TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Coffey said:

It's a terrible look & business-exposing, but at this point probably doesn't matter anymore. Like how much more can the business be exposed anyway? And it was on an indie show that really only die-hards will ever watch, so ultimately, easily forgettable/ignorable. 

But yes, stupid.

It always matters. 

Sunny killed a man while she was allegedly DUI. On March 25 she rear-ended a stationary car and the 75-year-old driver died in hosptal. Police are awaiting blood test results.

She was already facing 11 years in prison over DUI and weapons charges from January...

I really don't know how much sympathy I can muster for her.

I would say it was all downhill after Chris Candido passed away but that's not even true. She was a trainwreck before he passed away. Even their relationship wasn't healthy by all indications. She just doesn't seem to be a good person & it's a shame because Candido was seemingly great. Certainly was a good worker/entertainer. Before his untimely death he was even super entertaining in TNA.

Jim Cornette in the past has talked about Synch when she was young & first broke into the business & that she was decent in Smoky Mountain? I think that's where but correct me if I'm wrong there. She was for sure a total smokeshow in her WWF run... but I don't know if it was the substances or what but she really took a very unfortunate turn. She was even a pretty good talker.

I would say she needs help but she's needed help for a long time. All the previous DUI's & arrests. The adult movie she made for Vivid. At this point, prison might be her best option. Otherwise she'll just make another shoot interview throwing everyone under the bus, spend the shoot money on booze and then get arrested for another DUI.

Shame it got to this point where now someone has died. Damn shame.

Between the Kimber Lee/Carter Nash debacle (the more you know about it, the more it reeks of "everyone involves sucks" indeed) and the Sunny tragedy (mental health and justice system issues notwithstanding, she just seems like someone who doesn't care about other people at all), tons of stuff that has hit a bit too close to home lately.

Meanwhile, Micheal Elgin is booked back in NOAH. 

Meanwhile, the Park family have been fired from MLW for taking liberties with Jacob Fatu and Alexander Hammerstone and injuring them. 

Yeah Park's usual MO is to piss off promoters and the local Lucha Commissioners by doing stuff like brawling in the crowd when told not to.  Apparently Park has some long lasting resentment about how he was treated in WCW and was trying to teach his sons to be tough guys or something.

Also lucky for MLW that Davey Richards was there who works in the ER for his shoot job and was able to help the guys who got busted open.

I now wonder back to all his matches in Monterrey where he'd punt kick a ref in the head to break a pin on him or chuck weapons into the ring "accidentally" hitting the referee. He's the original ingobernable that played all of this up for laughs, but I'm beginning to think he's a bit of an asshole.

Here's a fun challenge for yall: name everyone in this fan art (courtesy of @spookyruthy on Twitter)!  Will leave the answers in spoilers below if you want to see...

Spoiler

Each row from top to bottom, left to right:

Jamie Hayter, Aubrey Edwards, Jade Cargill, Emi Sakura, The Bunny

Leyla Hirsch, Kris Statlander, Julia Hart

Penelope Ford, Nyla Rose, Mei Suruga, Maki Itoh, Kagetsu

Ruby Soho, Thunder Rosa, Riho, Renee Michelle

Shanna (the blonde lady in the Dragon Ball Z gear)

Ryo Mizunami, Hikaru Shida, Big Swole, Tay Conti

Red Velvet

Yuka Sakazaki, Britt Baker, Anna Jay, Abadon

15 hours ago, Rah said:

I now wonder back to all his matches in Monterrey where he'd punt kick a ref in the head to break a pin on him or chuck weapons into the ring "accidentally" hitting the referee. He's the original ingobernable that played all of this up for laughs, but I'm beginning to think he's a bit of an asshole.

There was also an incident where the Parks were booked for DEFY a few years back and they hazed a ref and whipped him with a belt after the match without it being a planned spot. 

On 4/8/2022 at 2:55 PM, NintendoLogic said:

Park has a long history of clashing with promoters and getting fired by/walking out of promotions, but I'm not aware of him ever being unprofessional with opponents.

He roughed up another wrestler (I think a guy called Aullido?) in AAA in 1995. Peña booked him to drop the lightheavyweight title as punishment.

cubsfan speculated on the luchablog that Park probably realized he was on the way out (and going to be asked to to jobs) and decided to leave with a bang. The old "what are they gonna do, fire me"" play.  The video of the whole deal doesn't look particularly violent other than one of the Parka kids absolutely blasting Hammerstone with a chairshot to the back, (which by the way he no sold despite it legit lacerating the back of his head, holy shit)  there really wouldn't have been anything a fan would have thought of as amiss.

Brilliant move by Park and proof that being an old school carny crosses all international borders. Dude got to lay out the guy (Fatu) he was matched up with on the next taping and probably be asked to job to, got fired when he was probably going to be let go soon anyway and as such didn't have tp do any jobs, and can go back to Mexico where promoters there won't give any shits that he upset some gringoes. 

It might have been a brilliant old-school carny move back in the day, but these days it's more likely that he played himself. Last I heard, the Mexican wrestling scene is still reeling from COVID, so most of the top guys are trying to get as much work in the US as possible. And no respectable American promotion will touch him with a ten-foot pole after the stunt he pulled. He's also imparting the wrong lessons to his sons about how to do business, so they'll probably be SOL once they're no longer able to ride his coattails.

The Hogan ep of EVIL is full of so much bullshit even for Hogan. Some of the more choice bullshit:

He implies that he was nearly broke and homeless at the time WCW signed him and saved him by giving him a paycheck.

There's a big segment about his creative control, and he legit said that the locker room's egos were out of control being offended at it. He went on to say that WCW went under because it was like the inmates were running the asylum. Just completely avoiding any responsibility for his role. 

He implies he had an idea to turn heel when he signed with WCW, then the very next segment he says it was Bischoff's idea, and Bischoff saying Hogan told him from the start he had no interest in turning heel. It also sounds like his main reason for being the 3rd man was because he didn't want Sting to get more attention than him. 

It portrays Hollywood Hogan as the ultimate cool bad guy anti hero that everyone wanted to be, basically talking about him like he was Stone Cold and not a mention of Hall and Nash being the cool ones in the nWo.

Acting like the match with Rock gave him and Vince the idea that he could combine elements of each character, as if there weren't both a Hollywood face run AND return to red and yellow nostalgia run in WCW. 

More than an implication that Vince McMahon was the one who pulled WCW off the air after the purchase, and that one came from the narrator John Cena. 

Maybe I am too deep in my own hobbies weeds here but I have long thought Razor Ramon's theme was the inspiration for Steve Austin's iconic music:

I assume Jim Johnston wrote both?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K5eqYUqgdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFqe8MwYJU

The DUN DUN - da DUN DUN part especially feels like a sped up version of Razor's. 

But wait there's more!

I am sort of convinced Razor's music was inspired by the Unsolved Mysteries Update music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nac1RQtHhiY

All the way down to the squealing music add on...

I am probably drinking too much of my own bathwater again...