Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

All of my friends who follow indie wrestling have Allie Katch as a prime candidate for worst wrestler of the year thus far.  She just hasn't gotten any better seemingly, yet she's by far the most heavily pushed woman in GCW.

Thing is, i *want* to like her because she's one of the people who's really been front & center in the business promoting LGBTQ issues!  But god i can't think of an Allie Katch match better than "OK i guess"

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Do tell. 

Actually i got some info mixed up so never mind, sorry!  Edited that out of the post

Also to stay on the GCW topic, they were heading for Worst Promotion territory with the Hammerstein PPV and the run of shows after, though they seem to have sorta rebounded more recently.  Still too many deathmatch randos getting a push but at least some of them are putting in effort to get better

34 minutes ago, funkdoc said:

Also to stay on the GCW topic, they were heading for Worst Promotion territory with the Hammerstein PPV and the run of shows after, though they seem to have sorta rebounded more recently. 

I admit i dont follow GCW super closely, but I thought that the Hammerstein was an anomaly due to them not wanting to upset PPV providers by doing any of their usual mega violent gimmicks.

2 hours ago, funkdoc said:

All of my friends who follow indie wrestling have Allie Katch as a prime candidate for worst wrestler of the year thus far.  She just hasn't gotten any better seemingly, yet she's by far the most heavily pushed woman in GCW.

Thing is, i *want* to like her because she's one of the people who's really been front & center in the business promoting LGBTQ issues!  But god i can't think of an Allie Katch match better than "OK i guess"

The moment I saw her pull a switchblade on someone I had enough.

21 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

The moment I saw her pull a switchblade on someone I had enough.

That was dumb, but in context of the match it wasn't as bad as people tried to make it out to be IMO.  She's gotten herself over pretty well and seems like a nice enough person  (and as stated has been front and center promoting LGBTQ issues in wrestling) people seem to give her a pass for not really being all that great in ring.

It is kinda hilarious that the Jarrett/Effy storyline arc went: Jarrett comes out of retirement to attack Effy, repeatedly beats him up, beats him cleanly in their only match, then goes back into retirement with a proper office job. Really makes one of GCW's homegrown stars look bad there.

To be fair, the Jarrett/Effy match seemed to be setting up a longer program. However, considering he's done this to AAA numerous times now (including the first Triplemania XXX show in April where they teased a Jarrett/Rey Escorpion vs Latin Lover/Vampiro feud) they should have suspected something like this could happen.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:28 PM, Alucard said:

the Authors of Pain's new Wrestling Entertainment Series debuts June 4 in England with an interesting looking card:

WES World Championship: Adam Scherr (braun strowman) vs. former UFC Star, Alistair Overeem

WES Womens Championship: Lina Fanene (nia jax) vs. CJ Perry (lana)

WES Tag Team Championships: The Legion of Pain (AOP) vs. Wesley Blake & Steve Maclin (forgotten sons)

WES Womens Tag Team Championships: The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood) vs. Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green

Killer Kross vs. Samuray Del Sol vs. Jonah

Lince Dorado vs. Dean Muhtadi (mojo rawley)

preshow:

Mike Bennett vs. Biff Busick

Dirty Dango vs. Levis Valenzuela Jr. (no way jose)

with the new date of July 9th, lots of changes....  Adam Scherr/braun strowman is off the card and replaced by Moose. this is the new updated lineup

WES World Championship: Moose (replacing Adam Scherr) vs. former UFC Star, Alistair Overeem

WES Womens Championship: Lina Fanene (nia jax) vs. CJ Perry (lana)

WES Tag Team Championships: The Legion of Pain (AOP) vs. BT Gunn & Kez Evans (replacing wesley blake & steve maclin)

WES Womens Tag Team Championships: Anastasia & Steph de Lander vs. The She Wolves.  (replaced original match of The Influence vs  Deonna/Chelsea)

Samuray Del Sol vs. Lince Dorado (removing Killer Kross & Jonah)

Dean Muhtadi (mojo rawley) vs. Damo Mackle (big damo/killian dain)

preshow:

Eric Young vs. Zac Zodiac (replacing Mike Bennett vs. Biff Busick)

Levis Valenzuela Jr. (no way jose) vs. Jody Fleisch (replacing Dirty Dango)

On 6/22/2022 at 6:30 PM, sek69 said:

Lana is battling a bad case of covid per the WO update from yesterday, so I wouldn't have much hope for that one happening.

You are correct! They have updated today with Lana removed from the card, now listing Lina Fanene vs. TBD 

DDT has been the best JP men's promotion this year, hands down.  Their tournaments really show what an embarrassment AEW & NJPW have been in that regard as of late.  Glad Takeshita's around to give Americans some taste of the non-comedy work they have to offer, considering how often they get written off as just that.  Though on the comedic end, the gay folks in our watch group absolutely love the Pheromones...

6 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Libertarians are just Republicans who want to smoke weed.

This is the funniest and yet most accurate way I've ever heard anyone explain it. Libertarians is a very foreign concept in Europe (well, in France at least it is, but I guess in most European country it's the same), so you know I'm gonna use that one over and over again as a way to explain it.

Of course, Linda McMahon is elated (I wonder how many of Vince's affairs' she had to pay for, that must have stung I guess). Maybe a comment from Mother Hen Inventor of Feminism Stephanie MacMahon-Levesque ? Yes, no ? Probably not.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, funkdoc said:

DDT has been the best JP men's promotion this year, hands down.  Their tournaments really show what an embarrassment AEW & NJPW have been in that regard as of late.  Glad Takeshita's around to give Americans some taste of the non-comedy work they have to offer, considering how often they get written off as just that.  Though on the comedic end, the gay folks in our watch group absolutely love the Pheromones...

Takeshita is the first Japanese wrestler in AEW that has really clicked with Cornette, too. He has a very old school vibe to him.

14 hours ago, El-P said:

This is the funniest and yet most accurate way I've ever heard anyone explain it. Libertarians is a very foreign concept in Europe (well, in France at least it is, but I guess in most European country it's the same), so you know I'm gonna use that one over and over again as a way to explain it.

Of course, Linda McMahon is elated (I wonder how many of Vince's affairs' she had to pay for, that must have stung I guess). Maybe a comment from Mother Hen Inventor of Feminism Stephanie MacMahon-Levesque ? Yes, no ? Probably not.

You know Stephanie is most likely pro-choice, but there's no way she's saying anything publicly because she doesn't actually have that power. Also, she actually was pushing for better representation in those years between Divas and the current era where the women are often the best part of the shows. Then it became clear that the audience wanted good women's wrestling as proved by NXT, run by Dusty and then HHH. Her being the "face" of it was just Vince corporate shit that dictates the female McMahon should be the "hero" who made it happen. 
She's still being a corporate coward by staying silent while her old lady is tweeting her support of the decision that contradicts her statements she made during her failed, "You fuck everything, I get to run for Congress" deals that Vince regrets more than ICO-PRO. 
Shit, I'm sure that Titans Tower and Trump Tower both have abortion clinics . If you pull the third tooth from the bottom on Vince's Dinosaur skull , the door to his opens.