Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get a preshow is there to hype the PPV matches but one thing that always annoyed me as a kid was when Pettengill would be around the arena hyping something at ringside there was always a match in the ring. I know its a dark match but damn just show the bloody thing.

If it was Bodies/Bushwhackers or Kwang/Plugg having a dark just don't see why they didn't just show the entire match. I know they did from 1996 onwards but a shame the mid 90s stuff didnt.

2u8xjjp.jpg

f58ym8.jpg

34pm61d.jpg

I get a preshow is there to hype the PPV matches but one thing that always annoyed me as a kid was when Pettengill would be around the arena hyping something at ringside there was always a match in the ring. I know its a dark match but damn just show the bloody thing.

If it was Bodies/Bushwhackers or Kwang/Plugg having a dark just don't see why they didn't just show the entire match. I know they did from 1996 onwards but a shame the mid 90s stuff didnt.

2u8xjjp.jpg

f58ym8.jpg

34pm61d.jpg

I'd love to see the preshow or dark matches from a lot of these PPV's, I'd imagine they'd have to have been taped so I don't know why they don't get added to the network or a DVD release.

Kotoka who wrestles for dragon gate has announced he is going to retire on an upcoming Korakuen show in march, he is 28. The reason for retirement is sadly injuries, he has had 4 surgeries in 2 years on his knees and neck. He was never the best wrestler but was a really good babyface over the last year cultivating a small but fiercely defense fanbase. His younger brother has just debuted in December.

Kotoka has always struggled with being small even for dragon gate and was relegated to being an undercard jobber act. He later turned heel and joined verserK where he was the whipping boy for the group always taking the pins. He was thrown out of verserK in 2016 and joined MaxiMuM in 2017 where he had his best run even getting a win in a Korakuen main event and a tag title shot on a major show.

Anyone catch wXw Back to the Roots XVII yet?

Pretty underwhelming overall. I was really looking forward to the women's title match and the WarGames style single ring cage match, but they were OK at best. I like Killer Kelly a lot, but she's still obviously very green and from what I've seen of Toni Storm, she's seemed OK'ish.

The cage match was literally all over the place though and it lacked blood and intensity unfortunately.

I started following the organizations this year, so I will try and keep up with all the weekly Shotgun events and the marquee events.

Anyone catch wXw Back to the Roots XVII yet?

Pretty underwhelming overall. I was really looking forward to the women's title match and the WarGames style single ring cage match, but they were OK at best. I like Killer Kelly a lot, but she's still obviously very green and from what I've seen of Toni Storm, she's seemed OK'ish.

The cage match was literally all over the place though and it lacked blood and intensity unfortunately.

I started following the organizations this year, so I will try and keep up with all the weekly Shotgun events and the marquee events.

Card wasn’t very appealing to me so I was planning on skipping it unless something got buzzed.

Looks like 2/10/1993 was Flair's last appearance. Looks like his last series of matches was a tour of Germany.

I think from the Rumble it's clear he was leaving. I wonder when he decided?

You would have to think mid December by the latest. You figure he gives 6 weeks notice, that's around Christmas and goes through the Germany tour and gives them a couple of weeks to do the Hennig match.

PTB Podcast did a whole segment of their RR 93 episode of looking through Graham Cawthons results site to pinpoint Flair final appearance for the company. Fun listen

Perhaps at some point there should be a Mania Weekend Thread... maybe I will just start it, but Joey Janela announced last night that he is facing The Great Sasuke at Joey Janela's Spring Break 2.... which is INSANE. That match is going to be next-level bonkers. I honestly can't wait for that show.

Austin Aries vs. ACH has been announced for the MLW show next week.

So far they've announced 8 matches:

World Title Tournament Opening Round:

MVP vs. Tom Lawlor

Matt Riddle vs. Jeff Cobb

Brody King vs. Shane Strickland

Jimmy Havoc vs. Maxwell Jacob Friedman

Sami Callihan vs. Darby Allin

Chelsea Green vs. Priscilla Kelly

Simon Gotch and Seth Petruzelli vs. Jimmy Yuta and Jason Cade

Austin Aries vs. ACH

Plus they announced:

Low Ki