Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in the UK in the 90s there was a Computer Based Video Game show on each week called Gamesmaster where contestants had to play a certain game to win a Golden Joystick. In the early series they had Hacksaw Jim Duggan & Kendo Nagasaki but in 1994 the legendary Macho Man Randy Savage turned up on the show.

I don't know if many american's have seen this but wondered what they thought of it.

It's a euphemism for a handjob at an Asian massage parlor. It was also the name of Gail Kim's finisher in TNA, because TNA.

Holy shit. I never noticed that about Gail (I'm going through TNA 2008 now), but I was not getting the reference anyway. Russo...

But anyway, yeah, very embarrassing from the so-called "modern" NXT crowd.

Watching GCW Hit 'Em Up from last month and the Headhunters were on the card. They looked as out of shape as they usually did and gassed out 10 or so minutes into it despite only having brawled around ringside. One of them also botched the finish by teasing a top rope moonsault like the good ol' days before slipping and falling to the mat.

This was also the first regular GCW event I've ever seen aside from the Joey Janela Spring Break show and it's my last regular GCW show as it's utter trash.

I find Zack Sabre Jr. to be consistently underwhelming whenever I see him. The only times that I have enjoyed him are in multi-man tags in New Japan where his work is fairly limited. I just don't get it. Everything feels like a grapplefuck with him and some of the shit he tries doesn't make sense with what he was previously doing.

Now, to be positive about someone. I used to fucking hate Trent? but my opinion has really turned around on him. I think he's a lot of fun and he seems to be really great at pacing out a good match and playing face/heel.

Both Trent and Juice Robinson have REALLY turned a corner over the course of the past year or more. Juice got there first - or at least started piecing the puzzle together sooner - but yeah. Trent has shed some of his lesser qualities and more grating tendencies, which has really strengthened the rest of his performance. His selling and timing have particularly been on point recently.

Give me Juice and Trent over Sabre or fucking Ospreay every day of the week and twice on Sunday, plz&thnx.

I liked RPG Vice but watching his singles work in PWG is where I really turned a corner on him. He really knows how to milk every moment in a match. He knows the exact moment to slow it down or to speed it up. He works a good underneath face with his selling and he's also a good douche bag heel as well.

I liked RPG Vice but watching his singles work in PWG is where I really turned a corner on him. He really knows how to milk every moment in a match. He knows the exact moment to slow it down or to speed it up. He works a good underneath face with his selling and he's also a good douche bag heel as well.

Legit one of the best sellers in the business.

I just watched his match with Sabre Jr. at Head Like A Cole today. I thought the match was pretty mediocre as a whole but I thought he sold like a motherfucker for the leg work that Sabre did. I usually don't find Sabre's matwork to ever feel dangerous or meaningful but Trent really made it look like Sabre was destroying his leg.

I just watched his match with Sabre Jr. at Head Like A Cole today. I thought the match was pretty mediocre as a whole but I thought he sold like a motherfucker for the leg work that Sabre did. I usually don't find Sabre's matwork to ever feel dangerous or meaningful but Trent really made it look like Sabre was destroying his leg.

Did you see the Omega match from October? I totally loved that match.

I am a Sabre fan but I understand your criticisms.

I find Zack Sabre Jr. to be consistently underwhelming whenever I see him. The only times that I have enjoyed him are in multi-man tags in New Japan where his work is fairly limited. I just don't get it. Everything feels like a grapplefuck with him and some of the shit he tries doesn't make sense with what he was previously doing.

I'm not a ZSJ fan by any chance, but check out his matches with Darby Allin, WALTER and Chris Dickinson this year. They're quite fantastic.

It's a euphemism for a handjob at an Asian massage parlor. It was also the name of Gail Kim's finisher in TNA, because TNA.

Holy shit. I never noticed that about Gail (I'm going through TNA 2008 now), but I was not getting the reference anyway. Russo...

But anyway, yeah, very embarrassing from the so-called "modern" NXT crowd.

its is corwd in ruby red state and deeply trump state

One of the people at wrestling twitter said something about if we ever think about how storylines begin and end, citing the Summer of Punk as a storyline that involved quite a lot of people.

And then I thought: holy shit, Rollins' rise to the main event until his feud with Triple H is similarly insane when you think about it

It involves Roman Reigns, Ambrose, Batista, Randy Orton, Kane, Triple H, Stephanie, J&J Security, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho.

This ongoing trend of Kassius Ohno justifiably shitting on other established indy wrestlers - Low Ki for being a massive unprofessional cunt, and now Sami Callihan for going with the shitty "hehe I made more money than you" response when he was called out on recklessly hitting Eddie Edwards with a baseball bat - is very entertaining.

Cathartic, even.

In professional wrestling, is there a better first name of talent than Ric(k)?

Ric Flair

Rick Rude

Ricky Steamboat

Ricky Morton

Rick Martel

Rick Steiner

There's been good Steves but I can't think of enough to compete with Ricks. Maybe Chris?

This is the definition of a comment that doesn't warrant a thread. :D

https://twitter.com/WalterAUT/status/969265942705434624

WALTER pretty much says the rumor in the WON that he received an offer from the WWE are not true.

He may or may not have, but WWE tells the people they offer deals to deny it until the company announces it. The real tell is if there's a sudden drop in bookings like what is happening with Keith Lee. I would probably think Walter would stay where he is even if he did get an offer, since he's in an unusual position of being an in-demand indy guy and having an employee postion in WXW. He doesn't strike me as a guy who could be wooed with the promise of WWE fame to take a developmental paycut.