Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets see Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays...

Aside from PPVs and occasional instances of having to switch dates, have there ever been regular Flagship TV on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays?

Didn't WCW Main Event air on a Sunday?

It did. WWF All-American wrestling was on Sundays as well, always had to tape it when I went to church. But I'm not sure there were any exclusives on the show, just replays from the other syndication shows, so that may not count.

Aside from PPVs and occasional instances of having to switch dates, have there ever been regular Flagship TV on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays?

5:05 on Sunday. They kept that until late 1997 with Pro. Syndication meant some shows aired on Sundays in some markets. I know Worldwide was on Sundays here for awhile.

ECW on TNN was a Friday show.

I'm listening to The Bar on the Edge and Christian pod, and Shaemus said that The Bar got their name because at first they wanted to do a Thumbs Up during the entrance pose, but they felt that Trump ruined the " thumbs up". So they did the halfway thumbs, and workshopped it into "The Bar."

Theyre the fucking best.

And I dont know why punctuation wont post off my phone.

It did. WWF All-American wrestling was on Sundays as well, always had to tape it when I went to church. But I'm not sure there were any exclusives on the show, just replays from the other syndication shows, so that may not count.

There was deffinately exclusives as remember Tatanka & Steiner's vs Money Inc & Doink in a 2/3 falls match. I think they had 1 exclusive match in the early 90s before it was a total recap show.

JAPW has their own VOD service. I may sign up for about a month or 2 (and I may even be the only person subscribe to it) once I finish running through my Beyond queue on Powerbomb.tv

They only have about 30 events or so, but I'm only watching a select few series of matches featuring the guys I dig and some potentially interesting matches.

Have been watching a ton of stuff on JAPW VOD as I signed up for a month just to watch stuff namely featuring the Nuyoricans and it's unbelievable stuff. Truly one of the most underrated U.S. indie organizations ever.

The Homicide vs. Teddy Hart feud has turned into one of my favorite feuds of all-time.

Have been watching a ton of stuff on JAPW VOD as I signed up for a month just to watch stuff namely featuring the Nuyoricans and it's unbelievable stuff. Truly one of the most underrated U.S. indie organizations ever.

The Homicide vs. Teddy Hart feud has turned into one of my favorite feuds of all-time.

Whats the time period of the stuff they have up now? Id be tempted to sign up to catch that Mysterio/Ki match from a couple years ago.

Whats the time period of the stuff they have up now? Id be tempted to sign up to catch that Mysterio/Ki match from a couple years ago.

There's a mix of shows from 2001 - 2016.

I don't think they've uploaded all of the shows for any entire year.

It's worth registering for a month or two tops and cancelling immediately if you can watch everything on there that you're interested in.

I maybe the only registered on there at the moment and I already cancelled my subscription as I'm sure in a month I should be able to cram in everything they have on there of my interest.

There's a ton of good stuff on there in that mix though aside from that match that you want to see.

I took this pic of Homicide forking up Hart at a JAPW show in Rahway back in 2005.

japw3015.jpg

That's sooooo awesome.

Having watched the majority of the Homicide vs. Teddy feud, I can say it's one of my favorite feuds of all-time.

I'm hoping they upload more shows to their VOD. Smart Mark Video released their last show, I would purchase it if the main event was Homicide vs. Teddy Hart, but it's a 4 way with Blk Jeez and Dezmond Xavier and that's the only card on the show I'm really interested in watching.

JAPW booked Demolition vs. the Heavy Hitters in 2009 and Sam Roberts was doing commentary for them then...

I guess Ax got over his health condition then.

Thats what I had heard anyway back in 1990 for the reason Crush was added.

It was not a long term thing. He was wrestling as Axis The Demolisher in Global. He went back to Masked Superstar after the lawsuit.