Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given my newly found enjoyment of the Homicide vs. Teddy Hart feud -- what are some of the best/must see brawls from the past 18 years?

Mostly seeking bloody throw down brawls I can potentially find on the WWE Network, the Highspots Wrestling Network, Powerbomb.TV, YouTube or Dailymotion -- or if you could provide a link, that would great.

Given my newly found enjoyment of the Homicide vs. Teddy Hart feud -- what are some of the best/must see brawls from the past 18 years?

Mostly seeking bloody throw down brawls I can potentially find on the WWE Network, the Highspots Wrestling Network, Powerbomb.TV, YouTube or Dailymotion -- or if you could provide a link, that would great.

I believe Powerbomb.TV has some IWAMS. On night 2 of the 2007 Ted Petty Invitational, there's a Chris Hero/Eddie Kingston match that is one of my favorite brawls ever. So brutal.

I believe Powerbomb.TV has some IWAMS. On night 2 of the 2007 Ted Petty Invitational, there's a Chris Hero/Eddie Kingston match that is one of my favorite brawls ever. So brutal.

Unbelievable match. This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for. Reckless crowd brawling, eye racking, weapon throwing, hate filed, intense brawl.

Black Terry vs Wotan 8/21/16

Black Terry vs Wotan 8/21/16

Where can I watch this?

I've searched for it, but can't find it anywhere.

Anyone willing to hook me up and I can Paypal them a few bucks for it.

One thing that always made me scratch my head was the theory that Christopher Daniels was supposed to be The Higher Power. How was that theory created? Who thought this could be a good option?

This just puzzles me because I saw that many, many times and I never saw who gave that information or even how the fuck that would be a good idea.

One thing that always made me scratch my head was the theory that Christopher Daniels was supposed to be The Higher Power. How was that theory created? Who thought this could be a good option?

This just puzzles me because I saw that many, many times and I never saw who gave that information or even how the fuck that would be a good idea.

That was bs Bruce Prichard came out with on his podcast. There's no way this was ever a serious idea.

I'm not sure how serious it was, but I swear I had heard that story well before Bruce Prichard had a podcast, or indeed before anyone else had a podcast.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Greater Power was originally supposed to be revealed on what became Raw Is Owen. The extra two weeks of buildup added a ton of anticipation that wasn't really there previously, despite some lip service being paid to the concept. It's possible that it was originally going to be a way to introduce a new character rather than a mystery subject to rampant guessing.

That was bs Bruce Prichard came out with on his podcast. There's no way this was ever a serious idea.
I actually buy that Russo pitched this because he made Daniels a Greater Power knockoff for one show in WCW.

I'm not sure how serious it was, but I swear I had heard that story well before Bruce Prichard had a podcast, or indeed before anyone else had a podcast.

Yeah, me too. Daniels had some try outs in the WWF before at this point and he had the "mystical" Fallen Angel gimmick. So...

Oh, and Yokozuna is joigning the nWo soon, too.

1) Is it possible that Rio de Janeiro was used for the WWWF pseudo-tournament because of the song "I go to Rio" by Peter Allen? I never made that connection in my head. The song was released in 1976 and i would be one of the better inside jokes of the wrestling business. It's about a closeted gay guy who goes to Rio to live it up without having to surpress his urges. I have watched an Australian tv movie biography about Allen, was really good.

2) By accident I stumbled over a May 1982 newspaper article which stated that Don Diamond was busted for cocaine. Is that common knowledge? I need to listen to Exile on Badstreet more...

Maybe Bix can tell us what is available if you want to do these kind of searches