TravJ1979

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, Blehschmidt said:

How much of the KTVT footage of Dallas/World Class survived?

I'm reading Gary Hart's book and have gotten to the parts where he is booking for Fritz and some of the pre-syndicated stuff sounds like it would be cool to see.

I have been slowly watching the available World Class on the network, and I realize this is all the syndicated show. 

So I am just curious what, and how much pre-syndication stuff exists on video.

This got lost in the previous nonsense, so I will quote it and hope for an answer. Also, not asking where to acquire it, just how much exists.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Laz said:

He listens to shitty black metal. Both are true (sorry, "TRVE"). 

ANYWAYYYYYYYYY...am I alone in thinking that the popular arm wrench out of a collar and elbow was called the "full-arm dragon twist" instead of "full-arm drag and twist"? Is it actually a "drag and screw" leg whip and we've all been writing it wrong for years?

Not all of us like Taylor Swift and Lil Pump, you salty vajayjay. :P

Am I alone in hating refs who physically get involved in matches? It seems to be more of an 80s thing, thankfully. Just watched some Portland stuff and Sandy Barr keeps pushing wrestlers. The only big modern example I can think of is Hebner and he is really bad about it. I think HBK's SummerSlam comeback may be one of the worst examples but at least they tried to make it part of the story. His TNA stuff just reeks of trying to get himself over.

2 hours ago, Laz said:

Yep. 12 year old basement troll confirmed. Have fun listening to your cassettes because you're so fucking evil, bro. Now stop dressing like a panda and pull a Pelle Ohlin. Or, better yet, a Blake Judd. 

Damn, son.  Did you walk in on Darkthrone tag-teaming your mom or something?  Why are you this upset over a genre of music of all things?

2 hours ago, Laz said:

Deflection. Classic troll move. It's clearly because you're a panda and not because you've been nothing but an annoying gnat so far. I bet you've got spiked gaunts that are, like, soooo cool.

lol why are so many of you so sensitive on here?  I really don't get it.  I make a few innocuous comments about 'soy' wrestling fans and here we are nearly 24 hours later and the butthurt is still palpable.  You gotta let it go, child.   You'll be much happier.

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

If this is the direction the forums are going to take with the new look PWO, it's going to be a long road. It's a bad look.

Hey I agree.  I was ready to move on from this silliness (I even apologized), but I'm not gonna sit on my hands and not reply to goobers who insist on shitposting to me.

2 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Am I alone in hating refs who physically get involved in matches? It seems to be more of an 80s thing, thankfully. Just watched some Portland stuff and Sandy Barr keeps pushing wrestlers. The only big modern example I can think of is Hebner and he is really bad about it. I think HBK's SummerSlam comeback may be one of the worst examples but at least they tried to make it part of the story. His TNA stuff just reeks of trying to get himself over.

David Manning took ref's getting physical with wrestlers to its most ridiculous extreme in 1980s World Class. Horrible, horrible stuff, where he's actually feuding with wrestlers 

15 hours ago, Coffey said:

If this is the direction the forums are going to take with the new look PWO, it's going to be a long road. It's a bad look.

Agreed.  I fully expected things to change around here but didn't expect it to happen so quick.  Some of the posts in this thread (and especially the language) is down right embarrassing.

So apparently Marty Scrull is going to be wrestling Sami Callihan on the sea-cruise  Chris Jericho is hosting.  If a giant wave came up over the bow during their match and swept just the two of them out to sea forever, I wouldn't be too upset, really. 

That might make me a bad person, but I don't care.

It would mean no more crappy sloppy worked shoot hardcore nonsense from Callihan, and no more ridiculous arm flapping from Scrull.  They don't have to drown.  They could live on an island together, like Tom Hanks and the volleyball in Cast Away.  As long as nobody finds them.  That's all that matters to me.

2 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I got the first volume out of curiosity.

I did kind of like the Undertaker comic back in the Attitude Era.

I love the WCW comic with no irony. I loved the Ghoul story arc and watching as Ron Wilson learned how to draw wrestling. You can tell when he started watching the TV and had more than headshots to work from. 

As a kid reading Ghoul saying he was Sting's trainer, I thought to myself "Rick Bassman?"

12 hours ago, Victator said:

I love the WCW comic with no irony. I loved the Ghoul story arc and watching as Ron Wilson learned how to draw wrestling. You can tell when he started watching the TV and had more than headshots to work from. 

As a kid reading Ghoul saying he was Sting's trainer, I thought to myself "Rick Bassman?"

Beat up and read numerous times over, I still have all 12 issues in my collection! Great book.

Today is the 20th anniversary of Goldberg and Hogan given away on Nitro after being announced on Thunder with three days build. The last great moment of WCW. How would you have better utilized the match and moment to make it bigger and more profitable than a one off on TV instead of a huge PPV?

The Great American Bash was the previous month with Hogan and Bret vs. Piper and Savage.
Goldberg defended the US Title vs. Konnan in a two minute match.

The July PPV was Bash at the Beach. Just six days after the Nitro in the Georgia Dome. The famous Hogan/Rodman vs. DDP/Malone match.
Goldberg defended the World Title vs. Curt Hennig in a four minute match.

August was Road Wild, with Hogan/Bischoff vs. DDP/Leno
Goldberg won a thrown together battle royal.

Seems to me the better idea would have been to build up the Hogan and Goldberg match during this time while Hogan was doing is celebrity tags. It's obvious they had no plans for Goldberg his first couple months as champion.

Goldberg wasn't even on Fall Brawl in September. Hogan would transition to the Warrior feud in Sept. and Oct. for Halloween Havoc before taking the rest of the year off.

Could you have built all summer and fall long and have Hogan vs. Goldberg main event Starrcade that year instead of Nash and Goldberg?
Goldberg also wasn't on the Nov. PPV, World War III. Seems like it would have been an easy call to have him win the 60 man Battle Royal and take down Hogan at Starrcade 98.
4 months between the Georgia Dome show and the Nov. PPV. I think the build in that time would have worked.

If they did not it on two days notice, it would not have happened. If you do a longer build, Hogan would have ended the streak. Look at the match with Sting six months earlier. 

I think doing it the way they did was a good show of force that they still mattered. The problem was the follow thru, with Goldberg doing a midcard defense at Bash At the Beach and was in a battle royal in August and did not even wrestle at the September and November shows. The only defenses Goldberg had that were main events was vs DDP and Nash. 

They could have done huge ppv match in November vs the Giant, but gave it away for free with no build the next night. They could have ran a match vs Jericho in September. Those were the big problems in his title run. 

On 7/4/2018 at 5:33 AM, Log said:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-critic-proof-perfection-stupidity.html

So, to get back to, well anything but the current conversation...

I had read this on Segunda Caida a while ago, but just finally watched the match. Holy shit! It’s the most terrible thing ever and I loved every second of it!

I really do genuinely love this match. They get so many things right! They get several things wrong. But the things they get right are truly amazing. Phil refuses to watch it, but said he would if we visit him in Colorado. He's going to pretend he didn't make that promise though. His loss.