TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

Disregarding any "T-shirt and jeans" type look, is there any ring gear in wrestling more awful than Double J's bird cage attire from the mid-nineties?

It has to be among the dirt worst.

Yeah, pretty awful, and it's not like he was out of shape and needed to cover up his physique.

6 hours ago, JRH said:

One-legged tights (ie, zack ryder's tights in WWECW).

Although when Billy Joe Travis and Gary Young had those kinds of tights in the World Class/USWA days it was pretty good for dickhead heels.

My personal pick has to be Ric Flair with his green robe, trunks and knee protectors "complimented" by yellow boots. Razor Ramon also went for a similar look too. Just a generally awful colour combination.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, JRH said:

It would have been better if the Vaudevillains had wrestled in an old school style, and by old school, i'm talking 20s-30s, but I cant see that getting over with the majority of fans.

Unrelated to their ring work, but it cracked me up when a smartass fan came at Gotch by asking him, "If you're supposed to be from the 1920's, why do you have a Twitter account huh?!?"

Gotch's reply (and I'm paraphrasing): "If I'm supposed to be from the 1920's and I mastered fucking time travel, do you really think I couldn't figure out social media?"

Oh. And I always dug Razor's lemon lime Sprite gear. Can't speak to how it looked on Flair, but as a kid? I thought it was a cool look on Razor. Maybe the gold razors or the oozy machismo helped the colors pop or some shit.

39 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

Oh. And I always dug Razor's lemon lime Sprite gear. Can't speak to how it looked on Flair, but as a kid? I thought it was a cool look on Razor. Maybe the gold razors or the oozy machismo helped the colors pop or some shit.

Also loved the various different colors Razor used. Had a little bit of everything at times and always looked cool. Fun to recreate in WWE 2K

I second thinking that one-legged tights are an awesome thing for a dickhead doofus heel to wear. I also hated Jarrett's "chest strap" tights with those straps attached to that choker. Awful, awful look. 

I really dislike the last several years Tamina "shrunken Viscera" gear.

On 7/14/2018 at 1:15 PM, SomethingSavage said:

Disregarding any "T-shirt and jeans" type look, is there any ring gear in wrestling more awful than Double J's bird cage attire from the mid-nineties?

It has to be among the dirt worst.

High Energy's baggy pants with odd paired jackets and checkered patterns. The worst aspects of early 90s colorful fashion.

On another note, is Naomi the wrestler that best pulled off the eyepatch gear? She looked really damn cool, circumstances aside.

21 hours ago, 9 Corpses Hang in the Mist said:

Hogan's possible return is already working the soy boys into a shoot.  

If you think your point has merit, I welcome you to make the argument, but ask that you try to do it in a less aggressive way that a lot of board members see as trolling. I'm getting lots of complaints about this and don't want to ban anyone who likes MUGA, but it would be nice if we could play nice.

23 hours ago, Alucard said:

Also loved the various different colors Razor used. Had a little bit of everything at times and always looked cool. Fun to recreate in WWE 2K

It worked for Razor since everything was garish colors in the 90s so his green/yello combo didn't look too bad. Ric Flair was supposed to be the master of style so him wearing clashing colors stood out like hearing someone in an orchestra hit a flat note. 

3 hours ago, Loss said:

If you think your point has merit, I welcome you to make the argument, but ask that you try to do it in a less aggressive way that a lot of board members see as trolling. I'm getting lots of complaints about this and don't want to ban anyone who likes MUGA, but it would be nice if we could play nice.

lol I guess I come from an infinitely less sensitive part of the internet.

2 hours ago, 9 Corpses Hang in the Mist said:

lol I guess I come from an infinitely less sensitive part of the internet.

I was part of an Internet message board scene that in its infancy wished people would die of AIDS or had been trapped in the World Trade Center because of their wrestling opinions, so I get it. But I think we've evolved some, or tried to. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. Just asking that you respect the norms.

Razor used a lot of combo colors that he'd already used as the Diamond Studd, but I don't remember green and yellow in WCW.  He did wear blue and green trunks that sounds like an odd combo, but actually looked pretty good, but then don't remember that in the WWF.

It's funny that Jarrett's mid-90s outfit is mentioned, when I went through the 1995 RAWs on the Network I grew to enjoy a lot of what they did that year and some of the characters like Jean Pierre Lafitte, Kama, and Duke the Dumpster that get made fun of quite a bit.  But one of the most annoying things was Jarrett's gear and all the wild color combos, like they just dipped it into a box of confetti and whatever stuck is what they went with.  I could actually buy Jarrett as IC champ and rewatching even think he could've had a transition run with the WWF title in that Bret/Diesel/HBK era, he was having great matches, good enough promos and he got great heat with the Roadie, but those outfits were unbearable.  

On 7/15/2018 at 9:37 PM, SomethingSavage said:

I like the lemon and lime description, and in fact the yellow/gold razors on the trunks did look good and "popped", but it's the piss yellow boots that let it down. I think even if he'd had green and yellow boots, like Dennis Condrey had in Mid-South, it would've been better, but basically all green bar yellow boots always looked dreadful to me.

Even though he had generally solid colour schemes (all black, all purple, all red, etc.), I didn't mind a bit of mix and matching for Razor - I think he went with red boots and yellow trunks in '95 and I actually didn't mind the black trunks and yellow boots look he had in his Vader swan song, but green and yellow was a big no.

Flair had the green and yellow look at the Clash X show in '90 and this Nitro match against the Giant, which I believe marked the Giant's first face turn, which lasted exactly one week: 

Flair liked the yellow boots a lot between 1994 and 1996, whether with an all yellow look or the Starrcade '95 bronze look with the bronze robe, black trunks, red knee protectors and yellow boots. He was wearing odd boots at times, though, because one boot had red initials on it and the other had white initials on it.

7 hours ago, 9 Corpses Hang in the Mist said:

And you would know all about incels wouldn't you? :D

Yeah, we all do. We know they're all a bunch of unfuckable zeroes who do shit like appear on message boards and try and troll with fucking lame insults like "soy boy". Go fuck yourself. The boss JUST told you to lay off. Taking the bait from joeg tipped your hand. Get lost, stupid.