Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went back and watched some of the original Mae Young Classic, just for the hell of it.

Are we entirely sure Chris Jericho didn't leave a Dudleys-like litter of illegitimate children sprinkled across the globe?

'Cause I could be convinced that Toni Storm is the spawn of Jericho, for sure. Everything from her walk to her mannerisms to her gimmick just screams '90s Jericho to me.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/dave-bautista-says-disney-nauseating-after-james-gunn-exit.html

Wanted to post this just because it makes me happy to see Batista calling out the bullshit that got James Gunn fired. I'm not even that big of a Guardians fan nor do I really feel sympathy for Gunn (its hard to feel sorry for anyone with a net worth of $40 million), but Mike Cernovich is human garbage and it sucks that he was able to fool Disney into believing he has the "power" to hurt one of their more successful film properties. 

Also, if no one saw it, The Rock's tribute to Brian Christopher on Instagram was pretty touching and another nice reminder that there are some humble, good people in the wrestling business.

Jesus this weekend had a lot going on down in Mexico. Negro's 40th Anniversary show was amazing. Toxin vs Fly Star was amazing (I'll review that later).  And then there was Crash on Friday and like 5 other indies on Saturday that put on banger shows I still have to watch. 

5 hours ago, DMJ said:

Also, if no one saw it, The Rock's tribute to Brian Christopher on Instagram was pretty touching and another nice reminder that there are some humble, good people in the wrestling business.

Here's Rock's post, for those who haven't seen it. I didn't know Rock & Brian were that close. I don't know who Rock's wrestling friends were/are, for that matter. I guess Foley? But everyone likes him.

1 hour ago, ...TG said:

Here's Rock's post, for those who haven't seen it. I didn't know Rock & Brian were that close. I don't know who Rock's wrestling friends were/are, for that matter. I guess Foley? But everyone likes him.

The Dudleys said they were traveling and dinner buddies with The Rock, Jericho and him seemed tight too while they were feuding.

If I'm not mistaken, The Rock and Mark Henry were roommates in Florida? Maybe just travel buddies. 

I think the thing I always forget about The Rock is, unlike Triple H or Austin or whoever, he was involved in wrestling practically since birth and then also played college football at a high level so, running in those worlds, you've got a guy who became a standout mega-star but had spent the first two-and-a-half decades of his life probably having the "team mentality" and "this is a brotherhood" attitude instilled in him. Its kind of interesting - like The Rock might not jump out as one of the guys who was "one of the boys" because of his gimmick and eventual mega-stardom, but by most accounts, it seems he absolutely was. Moreso than other guys who achieved so much so quickly.

I guess this belongs in that "Wrestling Mythbusters" thread but I couldn't seem to find it.  Clips from the Butch Reed Supercard KayfabeCommentaries shoot are now out, and in one of them Reed confirmed that he was indeed supposed to get the Intercontinental Title but that was canned after he no-showed a bunch of events because he was getting so burnt out by the WWF schedule.

3 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I guess this belongs in that "Wrestling Mythbusters" thread but I couldn't seem to find it.  Clips from the Butch Reed Supercard KayfabeCommentaries shoot are now out, and in one of them Reed confirmed that he was indeed supposed to get the Intercontinental Title but that was canned after he no-showed a bunch of events because he was getting so burnt out by the WWF schedule.

Bruce Prichard talked about this on his podcast. He basically said that Butch was considered at some point for an IC title run, but nothing was ever set in stone.

Calm down this is comments that dont warrant a thread. So yes there is no rule or limit to what can be asked here.I polietly asked about a match i cannot seem to find online. That match is regarded as a classic and i have watched the other ones so i just really want to watch that match. Thats why i requested here to upload that match.Since its comments that dont warrant a thread .So i can ask anything wrestling related here . There is not a thread here about that match. So i chose the best choice i can from what stuff is here. If you dont have the match or dont want me to ask link about a match then its fine. No need to get angry and pissed off all over that.

25 minutes ago, Frank Ocean said:

And if that match was copyrighted but online i would have gladly paid for that .but the match isnt anywhere even in copyrighted form. just want to see that classic nothing too bad to get angry and fired up about.i didnt asked you anyway lol whatever.

All he meant was those things are better requested through PM. Nothing wrong with requesting anything like that, its more of a where and how to do it thing. 

EDIT: maybe pm Loss (Charles) and he can steer you where you want to go. 

1 hour ago, Frank Ocean said:

Calm down this is comments that dont warrant a thread. So yes there is no rule or limit to what can be asked here.I polietly asked about a match i cannot seem to find online. That match is regarded as a classic and i have watched the other ones so i just really want to watch that match. Thats why i requested here to upload that match.Since its comments that dont warrant a thread .So i can ask anything wrestling related here . There is not a thread here about that match. So i chose the best choice i can from what stuff is here. If you dont have the match or dont want me to ask link about a match then its fine. No need to get angry and pissed off all over that.

It's a board rule that we don't do that here. I know you wouldn't have known that, but it is. We don't want to risk this place getting shut down for that sort of thing. 

Watching Jack Gallagher on a live stream play some Fire Pro Wrestling with people on a video game website I enjoy and follow.  He's a real cool dude.  He's been cutting it real loose and talking about stuff like creative's debate over whether or not to use the purple ropes on 205 Live.  Honestly it's been real fascinating.  Apparently Gallagher wanted to do a gag during Wrestlemania Weekend featuring Charles Wright as Papa Shango trying to break the "curse" the Cruiserweight Title has had on people.  That sounds fucking awesome.:D  Apparently it was going to be a .com/YouTube gag but it was decided the budget would've been a little too high.  He's telling a lot of real cool stories.

12 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Watching Jack Gallagher on a live stream play some Fire Pro Wrestling with people on a video game website I enjoy and follow.  He's a real cool dude.  He's been cutting it real loose and talking about stuff like creative's debate over whether or not to use the purple ropes on 205 Live.  Honestly it's been real fascinating.  Apparently Gallagher wanted to do a gag during Wrestlemania Weekend featuring Charles Wright as Papa Shango trying to break the "curse" the Cruiserweight Title has had on people.  That sounds fucking awesome.:D  Apparently it was going to be a .com/YouTube gag but it was decided the budget would've been a little too high.  He's telling a lot of real cool stories.

Jack is a fascinating character, and as you say, definitely a very cool guy. I've plugged it before, but if you're interested you should definitely check out this documentary about him, filmed just before he was off to WWE. It'd a great watch: 

Not sure if it will ever warrant its own thread or not, but apparently Corgan is partnering with Jarrett to promote a big event in Nashville for the NWA's 70th anniversary.

There will be a NWA World Championship match to headline the card, and they plan to introduce a new NWA National Championship.

If Cody wins the belt and gets involved, maybe this could turn into a thing? If it's still Aldis, I'm not so sure. But ya can't fault Billy for trying to strike while the iron's hot and these shows are selling out left & right.