Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 4

TravJ1979

No offense, but I don't understand people like you. ALL Royal Rumbles matches were already available in the Royal Rumble PPVs, you didn't need to wait for WWE making a collection of them. I find it extremely lazy. 1994/1995 is underrated. Yes, there were loads of shit, but it's the case in every time. 1999 and for my money, modern WWE is way worse than the New Generation era.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

You don't understand that people might have watched stuff for the first time when it's been put into a collection for easy acesss during the month the Rumble happens?  Why? What's the problem? Why are folks lazy in your weird take?

Well I wasn't watching it for the first time I hadn't watched it in years. I was making the point that it's a good way to catch up on the rumble matches in the run up to this years event. 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:20 AM, donsem43 said:

Go watch this! Madison Eagles is the best wrestler you've never heard off, much less seen.

Eagles is the female wrestler of the decade for me outside of Japan at least. Held back by knee injuries, being a female Australian wrestler at a time when promotions wouldn't fly women in, her stuff in Australia not really making tape and having kids early. But her run in SHIMMER and as their Champion is truly standout stuff. Having high level matches with a huge range of opponents and a tremendous heel.

Ask any female Wrestler about Eagles, she's the GOAT really.

Deonna hates all her matches and is very self-critical typically

9 hours ago, rovert said:

Eagles is the female wrestler of the decade for me outside of Japan at least. Held back by knee injuries, being a female Australian wrestler at a time when promotions wouldn't fly women in, her stuff in Australia not really making tape and having kids early. But her run in SHIMMER and as their Champion is truly standout stuff. Having high level matches with a huge range of opponents and a tremendous heel.

Ask any female Wrestler about Eagles, she's the GOAT really.

Deonna hates all her matches and is very self-critical typically

I actually liked their SHIMMER 100 match a little bit more, a real high-end performance from Eagles there. The title match on Vol. 34 vs. Ayumi Kurihara (remember her) was, imo, the best women's match in the U.S. till the Horsewomen run in NXT. 

Does anyone actually listen to or like these 15 years out of date, post-grunge, nu metal bands that provide the "official songs" for various WWE shows? Will WWE ever abandon this genre like the rest of the world did by 2003? I love NXT, but dear God is the music absolutely horrible on the show, excluding entrance themes of course 

3 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Does anyone actually listen to or like these 15 years out of date, post-grunge, nu metal bands that provide the "official songs" for various WWE shows? Will WWE ever abandon this genre like the rest of the world did by 2003? I love NXT, but dear God is the music absolutely horrible on the show, excluding entrance themes of course 

2002-2005 was my favorite era of PPV themes. I don't always pay attention to NXT but I've loved when they've used Halestorm and the like.

13 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Does anyone actually listen to or like these 15 years out of date, post-grunge, nu metal bands that provide the "official songs" for various WWE shows? Will WWE ever abandon this genre like the rest of the world did by 2003?

They never got over the DX theme, basically.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:05 AM, WrestlingFan said:

No offense, but I don't understand people like you. ALL Royal Rumbles matches were already available in the Royal Rumble PPVs, you didn't need to wait for WWE making a collection of them. I find it extremely lazy. 1994/1995 is underrated. Yes, there were loads of shit, but it's the case in every time. 1999 and for my money, modern WWE is way worse than the New Generation era.

I'd rather wwe dub in music for the entrances for 88 - 95

Not surprising considering CMLL is (the somtimes forgotten) part of the ROH/NJPW alliance. It would appear that the play now is to lock anyone in those three groups to exclusive deals in each country.

I wonder if this will put an end to AAA guys appearing in CMLL as well.

Also MLW is pretty much boned here. Guys are either going to get scooped up by AEW or get signed to deals limiting what companies that can work for going forward.

So they did the big reveal of Mortal Kombat 11 today, and one of the big news stories coming out of it was that Ronda Rousey will be voicing longtime MK character Sonya Blade.  I was curious what the reaction would be in the gaming world, so I went to one of the sites I normally visit for game news. So far nearly all the comments on the announcement were some varation of "I'm less interested in the game now because this trash person is involved".

So apparently the Ronda Rehab Experiment still has a ways to go. 

What source do people use when looking up matches online?

I'm trying to find a Sting Vs. Wrath match (not sure if it started as a one-on-one match) and Google is failing me. Sting reverses the Meltdown into the Scorpion Death Drop. 

1:46 mark of this video for a clip: