Pro Wrestling Only

Announcement: Pilot Season on the Pro Wrestling Only Podcast Feed

You should definitely pick it up no matter what, but I'm down to do something if you want! PR or whatever. With the success of Between the Sheets, worst case scenario we could read old dvdvrs :)

Please I'd be so pumped for that pod!

I want more Pro Wrestling Super Shows with these Stephen & Tim people! :)

It's returning

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Idea for a show that I couldn't do but I want someone to do...

The historical podcasts are my favorite in general and specifically I love career retrospectives like the one's KrisZ did on the Freebirds, Colon, Dusty, etc or Wrestling Culture did on Terry Funk, Ken Patera etc.

I'd like to see a regular-ish show dedicated towards going through the WON Hall of Famers and talking about a wrestler per episode. Either by doing a career retrospective like the above mentioned podcasts or if not maybe running each wrestler through the Gordy list would be a fun way to give a different perspective on a wrestler and an easy format to keep the show moving.

The only negative to a show like the Nick Bockwinkel Exile is that Bock had to die for it to happen. It'd be cool if someone was already working on the Pat Patterson Podcast because wrestling history is awesome and so is Pat Patterson. I don't know as much about Frank Sexton or Ray Steele as I'd like to know about them. Even someone like Jim Londos who gets called the biggest star in wrestling history by a number of noted historians. I know bits and pieces but not nearly enough considering his reputation. Where the hell is the Jim Londos podcast? :)

Technology hates me and I'd be trying to run and edit shows from a complete zero starting point. Plus I think I'd struggle to get knowledgeable guests unless KrisZ would be open to doing yet another podcast that is basically just "Elliott sits under the KrisZ learning tree" as he teaches us all even more about wrestling history.

So because I don't think I could truly pull it off and because Kris gives us SO much great content already I hate to even jokingly suggest adding to his plate, I nominate Dave Musgrave to take this idea and bring it to life because of his experience & reputation as a great podcaster, his status as a HOF voter, and because he is clearly interested in and open to learning about wrestling history and would take it seriously enough that it'd be the sort of well researched show we've come to expect from the epic placetobenation wrestler breakdown podcasts.

Just putting this out there into the universe in the hopes that somehow it will happen. The more cool history podcasts the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Manatee - you're going to see that from 1985 forward on the Place to Be Podcast. They'll be circling back to '85 and running through every MSG show in addition to the super shows. Scott and Justin excel in that time period - we've recently written refreshes of the shows (not the MSG ones) from that time and have an eBook of them out.

That's on the Place to Be Nation Wrestling feed.

Friendly bump of this post also for being 11/12. One pilot has already debuted and we have a couple others in production. Still time for ideas and submissions.

Manatee - you're going to see that from 1985 forward on the Place to Be Podcast. They'll be circling back to '85 and running through every MSG show in addition to the super shows. Scott and Justin excel in that time period - we've recently written refreshes of the shows (not the MSG ones) from that time and have an eBook of them out.

That's on the Place to Be Nation Wrestling feed.

That is excellent news. I have been listening to the podcast from the beginning and enjoy those guys but have very little interest in the era they have been covering recently. I'm going to go ahead and give myself credit for willing this into existence.

One idea I have is revolving the Greatest Wrestler Ever project and the wrestlers that made the list. Each week I would put each of the wrestlers in a randomizer, and do an overview of their career and choose one recommended match to live watch. I will incorporate comments made by members on the board and then come to a verdict. The title for the show would be Verdict of the All Time Greats. What would you think of that idea

Hi folks,

I know you mentioned that you aren't looking to poach other podcasts, and that's all good, but we've currently only done two shows of our Puro Pourri podcast and are really just starting out... we've got several shows recorded and backed up ready to go, so I thought I'd run it by you guys anyway.

Given how new we are I thought it'd be worth asking the question, but as I say, I acknowledge you've already mentioned you don't want pre existing ones so apologies if this comes across as me willfully ignoring that.

Link to brand new thread I've just posted to give you a better idea of the show:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/36069-the-puro-pourri-podcast-a-thematic-often-irreverent-look-at-japanese-wrestling/